sunnyday81

Proud Member
Mayor wants Jackson
buried in hometown

Gary, Ind. is the hometown of Michael
Jackson

Updated: Friday, 26 Jun 2009, 5:21 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 26 Jun 2009, 4:59 PM EDT
GARY, Ind. (AP) - The mayor of Michael Jackson's childhood hometown says he'd like to see the pop singer buried in Gary, Ind.
Mayor Rudy Clay tells The Associated Press that short of a burial, he hopes Jackson's body can at least lie in repose at City Hall.
Rudolph says he'll push for that but hasn't broached the possibility with Jackson's family. The 73-year-old mayor says he also hopes the community of about 96,000 along Lake Michigan becomes a mecca for Jackson fans, similar to the way Elvis Presley fans flock to Graceland in Memphis, Tenn.
Flags flew at half staff outside City Hall on Friday and Jackson's music, including "Bad," was piped through an intercom system inside the building.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/entertainme..._jackson_buried_in_state_20090626_mds_2580009

:( mayor should be more concerned about having his name uncovered on the school. honor him or don't.

um.. of course that's what he wants, tourism would flourish like crazy. thank god he has no say in things, Michael should be laid to rest somewhere he was happy.

There's a part of me that want the government to buy Neverland, turn it into a happy place again, maintain it, bury Michael there... and open it to the public.

But then there's a part of me that questions if Michael really would like to be buried there.

This may sound silly, and it is but still. They should put his body in a rocket and send him to the moon. That way, the entire world can look up at the moon and know he is there forever.

The man walked two moons in his lifetime, it just fits. My mind is going crazy right now.

This may sound silly, and it is but still. They should put his body in a rocket and send him to the moon. That way, the entire world can look up at the moon and know he is there forever.

The man walked two moons in his lifetime, it just fits. My mind is going crazy right now.

Aaw man, that way he would be even more lonely.
We need a place people can come, mourn, and remember him at.

Back