Tickets for memorial selling on Ebay, WTF!?

K.O.S.

Proud Member
I knew it!

These morons had to get tickets and try to sell them on Ebay. Some prices are several thousand Dollars high.

Thank you very much to the organizers for creating a puddle of shit. And they even had to be so dumb and naive to think that just because they plead for people not to get tickets just to sell them at high prices, that these people will actually listen.

I just hope that most of the 1.6 million people who signed up shows up in Los Angeles close to Staples Center and pay their respect.

This memorial is turning out to be a disgrace for Michael.

I don't know if I should have even opened this thread. Too pissing off.

oh my god, i cant believe it - its not the organisers fault really how can they spot who is a fan or not they were just trying to be fair and had to sort things out quickly just too many sick people out there who see everything as a way of making money and this is the lowest of lows cashing in on someone memorial!!

This is beyond belief, ebay should ban them but then ebay wont get there fee $$!!

Just think of all those real Mj fans who have traveled around the world to pay there respects and are not getting a ticket because some piece of **** got 2 so he can sell them on ebay!! :angry:

ive already reported an item and they replied saying they will take care of it in 24-48 hours. It'll be too late then!!!

As always the fans suffer, I do not understand Ebays policies, how can they let someone sell a ticket for £1,000 to pay wishes at a funeral, its just pure evil from Ebay. They should be ashamed. Disgusting pigs!!!

Don't worry guys. Ebay has been removing the ticket listings really fast. There are only a few left.

The people who buy these off of Ebay are the idiots. They can't use them anyway. The ticket and wristband has to be picked up by the person who signed up for it. Evidently, none of these folks read the instructions...

Edited to add....

I think it is horrendous that they are even sold in the first place. I think both parties are wrong. Guess I should have said that first. Sorry....

Ugh, that's sick. I can't go myself since I'm from the UK and don't have the money to travel but at work yesterday I was contemplating signing up just on the off chance that if I got tickets I could pass them on to someone here instead of having them go to people whose only intention is to make money. By the time I got home it was too late though :(

Can't say I'm surprised. But from what I've seen, it seems like the organizers are trying real hard to cut down on scalping tickets. The wristbands were a good move.

We've all got money problems matey, dosen't give you the right to sell the ticket, and I'm sorry but to most MJ fans, this isn't just a bit of fun, this is god dam heart breaking, I bet only a quarter of people going tomorrow are real fans of MJ, the rest are there just for the circus ride.

I'm reporting them every couple of seconds. Help me people! I know eBay isn't allowing it, but they need help to shut these people down! They are popping up faster than I can report them. At least one new scumbag every minute. If you go to the page you can click on the "Report this Item" button at the very bottom. It's been working for the most part. Some of them are listing for $10 MILLION! This is horrible. I've decided to wage WAR against these leeches. I couldn't pay my rent this month and even I would gladly live on the streets before I would have resorted to something as sick as this! We have to at least try to stop them.

We've all got money problems matey, dosen't give you the right to sell the ticket, and I'm sorry but to most MJ fans, this isn't just a bit of fun, this is god dam heart breaking, I bet only a quarter of people going tomorrow are real fans of MJ, the rest are there just for the circus ride.

It's heartbreaking isn't it. They should have given them to fan clubs or something. That was clearly, not the way. In the press conference they said it was all about the fans. My ass. I hope that people are respectful tomorrow, or my blood will boil.

I have reported 48 auctions just on eBay in the last HOUR. I know this because I have eBay email me confirmation of every "report" I send them. Frankly I'm exhausted. I know it's a losing battle because the sickos probably just keep relisting them after eBay takes them down. This will go on all night. Right now I need a break, will return in a while to battle more. I hope others will as well. At least I feel like I'm doing *something* - as small as it may be - to squash the negativity these horrible people are putting out there just with their greed and lack of respect.

I have reported 48 auctions just on eBay in the last HOUR. I know this because I have eBay email me confirmation of every "report" I send them. Frankly I'm exhausted. I know it's a losing battle because the sickos probably just keep relisting them after eBay takes them down. This will go on all night. Right now I need a break, will return in a while to battle more. I hope others will as well. At least I feel like I'm doing *something* - as small as it may be - to squash the negativity these horrible people are putting out there just with their greed and lack of respect.

I'm gonna help :)

Thanks guys. I'm back for a few.

I just reported 8 more in the last 15 minutes or so. Sadly I missed one, wasn't quick enough, and it ended with Buy It Now. Some sleazeball actually got away with selling a single ticket for $1,000!!!!! I'm so mad I could spit. I was probably just a few seconds too late to get the report in, not that it would have stopped the sale - but it might have at least gotten eBay to take a look and suspend the seller or something. :(

This will probably be a mad rush for the next 2 hours because from what I understand they have kept the Dodgers Stadium lines (to claim tickets) open until 7pm PST, which is about 2 1/2 hours from now. People will be selling the vouchers like crazy until then.

I haven't eaten yet today but I can't stop reporting these. I figure each one we hit will at least help discourage one more person, and MAYBE ... just MAYBE keep someone from making a profit off of the world's great loss. Either way, I don't know how these people will be able to sleep tonight knowing they have done this. Sad world. Sad sad sad.

Any reports to eBay you guys can make helps, I'm gonna keep going as long as I can function!!!!

Oh, and keep refreshing the page because even if it looks like you got them all - trust me, you haven't. They keep popping up.

Thanks guys. I'm back for a few.

Oh, and keep refreshing the page because even if it looks like you got them all - trust me, you haven't. They keep popping up.

Yeah, every refresh there's atleast 2 new auctions. Pretty bad.

Be sure to hit the BUY IT NOW auctions first if you can, too. For reasons mentioned above. They can go FAST and the faster we hit them with a "report," the quicker eBay can take them down and hopefully stop the sales.

Back