MJ's religious beliefs.

MJJW

Proud Member
Hello,
does anyone know for fact what was Michael's religious beliefs before he die?
Had he converted o Islam, Catholism or tried to rejoined Jehovah Witnesses? There are so many opinions and relevant articles on the internet, but does anyone have inside information?

Thanks

Hello,
does anyone know for fact what was Michael's religious beliefs before he die?
Had he converted o Islam, Catholism or tried to rejoined Jehovah Witnesses? There are so many opinions and relevant articles on the internet, but does anyone have inside information?

Thanks

As he says in his interview with Oprah in the 90s, he believed in God, and he followed Jesus' piece of advice, to be (innocent) like children.

Now, unlike most of us, instead of wasting his time debating if Jesus was human, divine or half human, half divine, Michael simply followed what Jesus said, not what Jesus didn't say and not what other assumed who was Jesus.

Now, be he Jehova's Witness, Muslim or Christian, Jesus's teachings are the same in all three religions.

Didnt he have a Jehovah's Witness burial and asked for his children to be brought up in the JW faith?

he had a JW service. mjs beliefs seemed to be a mixture of alot of things.if u read the book with the rabbi he takes bits and peices some from J.W some from standard chrisitanity. he wasnt a muslim as this was denied many times and the kids were christened in 03 according to reports and ppl who attended

He had a JW service because Katherine is very much still a JW.

Michael left the religion shortly after the Thriller video came out. They asked him to quit music or stay in the JWs.

He of course, chose music.

Nonetheless, MJ was a believer of God and of Jesus' teachings.

MJ also was said to be a follower of Kabbalah, way before Madonna was involved. That's why Rosanne Barr addressed MJs Kabbalah beliefs on her blog dedicated to MJs babies.

MJ also was very interested in Hinduism and Islam, and was open to all faiths.

MJ is a citizen of the world and a very open soul when it came to God.

mj still classed himself as a jw through the 00's some of his core beliefs still seemed to come from the jw's but he seemed to have a mixture.i guess he was more spiritual that stuck to one set of beliefs from one specific religion.theres never been any evidence re the kabbalah it came about cause of the red friendship strings he used to wear. reporters etc took them as some sign

He said "God bless you" to people several times in This Is It.

Celebrity made it nearly impossible for MJ to obtain higher education. The result is that much of what he understood about science and the physical world came not from science experts, but the many religious advisors he tapped into, like Deepak Chopra, Rabbi Boteach and Rev. June Gatlin.

MJ also was said to be a follower of Kabbalah, way before Madonna was involved. That's why Rosanne Barr addressed MJs Kabbalah beliefs on her blog dedicated to MJs babies.

Michael NEVER was involved in Kabbalah. Kabbalah is basically stolen and twisted book from Egyptians. It used to be Zohar before. This is a name of secret Egyptian knowledge of symbols. Mike was in love with Egypt not with Kabbalah. Actually he was an opposite of Kabblah twisted knowelege and Madonna as well.
Bonnie Vent recently proved this fact. I believe it.
http://bonnievent.com/

He said "God bless you" to people several times in This Is It.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I am not a native speaker. Isn't "God bless you" very common in American English ? Or does it specifically refers to religion ?

Thank you !

Or does it specifically refers to religion ?
not really but if u are religious u are more inclined to say it. it doest fit with any set religion.yes its common

He left JW by his choice. He started not following many JW traditions - it is common knowledge that he celebrated birthdays and christmas for example.

for other religions he read about them but did not convert.

He used to say he was spiritual and non denominated Christian.

The biggest clue is at the 2007 Ebony Interview. He says when I write a song "I get on my knees and say thank you, thank you jehovah."

Last edited:
Jehovah simply means God. I'm Christian and I use Jehovah along with many other Christians I know. Doesn't depict a "religion." Michael was simply spiritual. I like the post above saying that he just simply followed what Jesus said. Sometimes we let denominations get in the way of our faith, belief in God, and ability to do simply do what's right, Michael didn't.

A Jehovah Witness is a type of Christian (like Catholic or Protestant) and stopped being one but still being Christian.

I don't think he was a Muslim because he wear a hat at all times and also Muslims have to be buried within a few days of death which Michel wasn't.

And also to my knowledge he loved all the religions around the world......

One thing is certain...he believed in GOD!

i was wondering about the children. they had a godfather, so maybe they're baptized Catholics? i read somewhere that Michael even hoped the Pope would baptize them. but that could be tabloid stuff.

Somebody told me that in 2007-2009 Michael had been an ardent student of Christianity and had converted to Catholicism. He said that it was confirmed by several sources including Michael's Personal Assistant Bon Gohane. He claims Michael had met with a series of Spiritual advisors in effort to try to find himself and he later re-committed himself to Christ.

By the way, has anyone ever heard this rumor?

P.S. Who the hell is Bon Gohane? (Sorry its not his bodyguard)

In Dancing the Dream, Michael said that if you say God loves everybody then that will be offensive to some. He also said in that book that anything you say on the matter of religion or spirituality will be offensive or unacceptable to some.

They asked him to quit music or stay in the JWs.
If that was the case, why did the JWs accept Larry Graham & Prince? Although they're not musicians, Venus & Serena Williams are also Witnesses. The elders had a problem with the "Thriller" video, not with Mike being in the music business. That's why John Landis put that disclaimer in front of the video. They didn't ask Rebbie to leave. Mike left in 1987, not right after "Thriller".

He had a JW service because Katherine is very much still a JW.

Michael left the religion shortly after the Thriller video came out. They asked him to quit music or stay in the JWs.

He of course, chose music.

Nonetheless, MJ was a believer of God and of Jesus' teachings.

Michael was not asked to quit being a witness nor was he aked to leave, if you read in his book Moonwalk he states that it became hard or a distraction to attend services because of his celebrity and people coming just to see him, but he continued to do the service work or pioneering, which is going door to door that witnesses do. For years it was said that he was kicked out of the religion because of his video Thriller and that is simply not true.

Jehovah simply means God. I'm Christian and I use Jehovah along with many other Christians I know. Doesn't depict a "religion." Michael was simply spiritual. I like the post above saying that he just simply followed what Jesus said. Sometimes we let denominations get in the way of our faith, belief in God, and ability to do simply do what's right, Michael didn't.

Jehovah is actually Gods name , psalms 83 v 18 states "That people may know that you, whose NAME is Jehovah,
You alone are the Most High over all the earth". whereas God/lord is a title, Jehovah is his name.

In Dancing the Dream, Michael said that if you say God loves everybody then that will be offensive to some. He also said in that book that anything you say on the matter of religion or spirituality will be offensive or unacceptable to some.

Michael was a wise man.

oes anyone know if Michael put Pope John Paul II's prayers to music? Apparently there were these discussions in 2006?
think it was denied at the time

i was wondering about the children. they had a godfather, so maybe they're baptized Catholics?
they had god parents from when they were born.but nowadays tbh i think lots have ppl have godparents but they arent seen as been GP in the traditonal sense. there was talk that the kids had been baptized. mark lester said he was there (it happened in vegas) and there were rumours at the time, cant rememberwhen it was though maybe 03?

Links would make this a useful thread; otherwise it's kind of idle speculation.

links for what

Well, let's just use your last post as an example:

>i think it was denied at the time

>there was talk that the kids had been baptized.

If each of these statements above had a link backing it up, it would have value. Without... not so much.

ok. though im not sure how we are supposed to find said articles that were posted at the time or the denial from bain. i for one dont save them not sure why anyone would. i guess u just have to take the word of the ppl who were on this board at the time or search for them some how yourself

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20287787_20296936,00.html

Here is a link to a People article claiming Michael had all three kids baptised Catholic. Now, I was raised Catholic, and so I know at least one parent (and therefore that would mean Michael since he was a single parent) HAS to be Catholic in order to have permission. Also, weeks before you have to take classes in the RCC theology and rules and all that. You also promise though to go to church each Sunday. Not sure how they would get around that... and no one I think spotted Michael at any Catholic church or I think it'd make some news. Maybe clergy visited them at home?

This would lead me to think though that as of 2003, Catholicism was the closest thing Michael found to reflect his spiritual feelings? I am not saying this in an exclusive way, because Michael seemed very inclusive. But it would seem he would have given it a lot of thought before chosing which church to Christen his children in.

Back