It's The Falling In Love...Appreciation....

GinnyJackson

Proud Member
Recently i was listening to this song and i come to find how sexual it is. I hadn't listened to it in a while so when i bought the otw album it caught me off guard a bit. "Someone's always doing someone more" lol

Not to mention

"And Though im tryin not to look in your eyes
Each time i do they kind of burn right through me,
Don't wanna lay down in a bed full of lies
And yet my heart is saying Come and Do Me."

What is YOUR take on this extremely sexual song.

Lol this is the only and i mean ONLY MJ song that i cannot listen to straight through. I switch it after the first verse. :lol:

I love this song. Patti sounds great...

Personally I find "Girlfriend" to be much worse.

YEA YEAHHHH YEAH!
I love the end when they both really get into it This is my JAM! Actually, its the only song on OTW that I skip tracks through to listen to! I don't know why but, this song has got a super special place in my heart :yes:

Patti who? i always wondered who the girl was haha.

Patti Austin. She's a jazz singer, she worked with Quincy Jones a lot during that period. She still records and performs today. Patti started out as a child singer too.

Patti Austin sounds a lot like MJ in parts too. When she gets her voice way up there, she's a dead ringer for MJ... listen to parts of this song:

[youtube]LTtNnMUDY5s[/youtube]

Patti Austin sounds a lot like MJ in parts too. When she gets her voice way up there, she's a dead ringer for MJ... listen to parts of this song:
Kathy Sledge from Sister Sledge always reminded me of Mike. She doesn't sound like him per se, but she sings in the same sort of style, especially on the Sledge's 1970s stuff.

I never used to listen to this song for some reason..I would skip over it!
one day I let the whole thing play through and.....:wub:
I love the part where he goes "yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah, I'm falling in loove yeah! I'm fallin, I'm fallin, I'm fallin.."

in the otw album he was kinda straight forward with some sexual lyrics. I guess when he got a bit older he found that less was more, and he found innuendo lol.

I like this song alot. I dont listen to it enough but its a really pretty song

I never used to listen to this song for some reason..I would skip over it!
one day I let the whole thing play through and.....:wub:
I love the part where he goes "yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah, I'm falling in loove yeah! I'm fallin, I'm fallin, I'm fallin.."
I love that part too! And when they say "over you, over you" and the little run Michael does after it :)
I wonder why so many people don't like "Girlfriend"? I like it :D

I guess you could interpret some of the lyrics as such. It's funny though because the song itself, with the beat and chorus, sexual isn't the first thing that comes to mind, it makes me feel all mushy. It's very sweet sounding. :D But if he wants to "do" her, it's all good, because he's in love :giggle:
I do really, really like it though. Perfect matchup with Austin, and his voice sounds soo smooth. I love the ending as well.

The song may be a little cheesy to some, but Michael's voice absolutely soars on this track (which is no suprise 'cause the man can sing his arse off of course lol). This song always puts me in a good mood. I also thought the pairing between Mike and Patti Austin was a great combination although I always thought Diana Ross was the one singing originally, they sound similar to me, at least on that song. Either way, it's a cool song. Very cute. I enjoy it.

Back