Update: Gary Coleman passes away

billyworld99

Proud Member
CNN) -- Actor Gary Coleman is suffering intracranial brain bleeding and is on life support in the intensive care unit of a Provo, Utah hospital, Coleman's spokesman said.

Coleman, 42, fell ill at his Santaquin, Utah, home Wednesday evening and was rushed by ambulance to a hospital, the spokesman said in a statement released Friday.

He was then taken to another hospital -- Utah Valley Regional Medical Center in Provo -- later Wednesday night, where he remains in critical condition, the spokesman said.

"Due to his condition, Mr. Coleman has not undergone any surgery at this time," the spokesman said.

Video: Gary Coleman's meltdown in Feb. 2010 RELATED TOPICS
Gary Coleman
Entertainment
Celebrity News
The former child actor was "conscious and lucid" Thursday morning, but he "was slipping in and out of consciousness and his condition worsened," the spokesman said.

Coleman became unconscious and was placed on life support Thursday afternoon, the statement, which was released by the hospital, said.

Coleman is best known as the wisecracking youngster Arnold Drummond on TV's "Diff'rent Strokes" from the late 1970s to the mid-1980s.

"In recent years Gary Coleman has had difficulties, not only with health issues, but also with his personal and public life," his spokesman's statement said. "At times, it may not have been apparent, but he always has had fond memories of being an entertainer and appreciates his fans for all their support over the years. At this critical moment, we can only ask for your thoughts and prayers for Gary to make a speedy and full recovery."

CNN's Brittany Kaplan and Jack Hannah contributed to this report.

Re: Gary Coleman on life support with brain hemorrhage

My heart goes out to him and his family the media treated him unfairly sad times

oh Gosh, I hope hes alright, my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family...

I love Diff'rent Strokes,

nm.......

Last edited:

I saw this on Yahoo. I hope he will be all right!

Oh noooo :no:!

This really is very sad..I grew up watching him on tv....he was treated very badly..his parents stole the money he made as a child star..the spent it as quick as he made it.. Poor Gary...my prayers are with you.

So, I literally JUST googled this, and there are now reports that he has passed away.
But you know the internet...I hope this isn't true, but I have to run so I don't have time to confirm...:(

Poor man.

Such a bright talent who ultimately led a very sad and tragic life. Rest in peace Gary.

Gary has been sick all of life. May he rest in peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
wait he passed away i was looking for it on google, if its true R.i.P. gary

Just got the text message. How sad. I can't say I'm surprised. He didn't look well last time I saw him on TV. He even sounded depressed. I hope that he is at peace now.

My heart is sinking :*( Gary was among my favorite actors and Different Strokes is one of my favorite shows. I am really going to miss him :(

Such a difficult and hard fought battle of a life. May he rest in peace.

Awwwww =( I am so sad right now. I grew up watching Diff'rent Strokes.Gary Was amazing in Diff'rent Strokes.May Gary rest in God's Paradise.My love,prayers,and blessings go to Gary,His Family,and Friends =(

I saw the news yesterday about him being hospitalized in critical condition, and I assumed it was probably kidney failure. Now this. :no:

very sad. rip.

I only heard about him from the Avenue Q musical, and then googled and read about his life. Very unfair.

RIP Gary, I can't stop crying, I wasn't a die hard fan or anything, but I loved watching him in Diff'rent Strokes growing up even though it was about 20-30 years ols at the time, it was a classic and him a legend... He will be missed greatly.
My thoughts and prayers are with his family at this tough time :( :weeping:

what do we say about hollywood? the majority of the brightest novas have fallen at a young age...to me, what does that say about hollywood?

and yet it is the dream of many...the forbidden seductress...sweet in the beginning...bitter in the end.

and..for some reason..that makes it all the more desirable...

....human nature...such a tragic task master..

we want to own and use superstar...some or many want to be associated, and to use them. but who really wants to be the friend of a superstar? does our nature forbid us to be a friend of the word 'friend'?

..rambling..maybe..but i'm just saddened at the whole thing...

R.I.P. Gary Coleman

Back