Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney - The Man

Courtney

Proud Member
I came across this song and I've never heard it before. I really like! I'm sure many of you here probably have heard this already but for those that haven't (such as myself), take a listen!

Does anybody know the background to this song? Was this during the Thriller sessions? Who wrote it? :)

This was included on Pauls Pipes of Peace album.

Mike R

One of those radio-friendly songs by paul mccartney.... he is known as amazingly good writer :p.

Well, wiki says it was co-written by Michael, eh I don't believe it.

The Man = Paul ....yeah sure :D

Can someone cut out the vocals of mccartney? you know it's like hearing YO DJ TUCKKYYY on Another day

It's on this album, which was released in 1983. Linda McCartney is singing background vocals. I have the album, it's pretty good. But the song has already been posted somewhere, I think it was in MJ's Groove Theory.
252-1.jpg

It's on this album, which was released in 1983. Linda McCartney is singing background vocals. I have the album, it's pretty good. But the song has already been posted somewhere, I think it was in MJ's Groove Theory.
252-1.jpg

Thanks for the info.
Sorry if it was posted. I should have searched it first.
So did Michael and Paul do anymore songs together? I think they make a good duo.

I love this song. And the line from this song was used during the memorial.

captphoto_1247009271158-1-0.jpg

Michael and Paul McCartney wrote the song together. "The Girl is Mine" from Thriller is the other collaboration they did together, although this song was wholly written by Michael.

I love this song. And the line from this song was used during the memorial.

captphoto_1247009271158-1-0.jpg

Very interesting bit of information I never knew. I heard the "I'm alive and I'm here forever" about half way through the song.

I love this song...
i think the line' i'm alive and i'm here forever" was used in the memorial , right?

Michael and Paul McCartney wrote the song together. "The Girl is Mine" from Thriller is the other collaboration they did together, although this song was wholly written by Michael.
Paul is indirectly responsible for Neverland. The Say Say Say video was filmed on the property and Mike liked the land.

i love it it's better than tgim. i've been trying to find it somewhere besides youtube for years.

Love the song. One of my favourites. I love it when Michael sings in that breathy style, a la Girlfriend, Fly Away, Can't Help It.

Love the lyrics too. Very prophetic. "There's a man... everybody thought they knew... there's such a man... he's not like me and you..."

For trivia buffs, it's also Roger Friedman's favourite Michael Jackson song.

I like all three of the Paul/Michael collaborations but this is easily the best. Sucks that the single release fell through because it deserves much more attention.

Back