What happened to MJ's security Wayne Nagin?

& what i was told wasn't w/ resepct 2 wayne, it was for sec. in general.

he used him after the trial too....remember when the kids went to see their mother? kerry's face tipped off the press and that's how they knew to film the kids. now if they were w/ any other bodyguard, no one would've known woh they were.

well then you're not talking about security in general but about the specific situation after the trial. Kerry walked right next to Michael into the courtroom every day during the trial. No other bodyguard of Michaels has ever gotten that much exposure to the press and the general public.

I'm positive this has nothing to do with why Wayne retired. He was never a known face to the press or general public, just to a small group of fans / followers. And that wasn't a problem for many years, and it wouldn't have been a problem in 2001 either.

There were health issues. Thta's why he retired.

wayne and the other older generation lol of bodyguards still took real efford in letting fans give presents to mj or talk to him shortly from time to time i sure m iss the old days cry

awww wayne seem like he was da bizzness lol. and im sorry about that jerk yelling @ you.

:) funny what some of you write...every BG in that group, in that era had their unique image :)))
that happens as they were "out and about a lot" during a tours...

some of them "portrayed" a kind image...someone had to be the "bad guy" :)))...but someone had to say no! :)))) and he had the name for it :) a name that scared everyone :)))

Salute all those great guys for all the great work they all have done!

I found this...

"December 7, 2002
Michael's Reasons for Absence from Court are Declared Justified
Michael Jackson missed a second day of court on Friday 6th December for medical reasons.

The Santa Maria Times of 7th December reveals that when the Judge announced Michael's absence on Thursday 5th December, it was Mr. Avram's attorney, Louis Miller, who asked for an independent medical evaluation to take place. The judge agreed to this, giving Mr. Miler a choice between three physicians.

The medical examination occurred on Friday morning, after which the judge, Mr. Miller and Michael's attorneys, Steve Cochran and Zia Madabber, gathered in Judge Zel Canter's chambers for a conference call with the physician.

Judge Zel Canter then announced that Michael has indeed had a "medical condition" since the beginning of the trial brought against him by tour promoter Marcel Avram over what he claims was Michael's cancellation of two millennium concerts.

Mr. Miller later told reporters that the judge seems to think it is a spider bite, as Michael had previously said. Meanwhile, Mr. Cochran said he was not at liberty to speak about Michael's medical condition, but that there were "bona fide reasons he could not be in court."

The case continued without Michael. Mr. Avram gave testimony and Wayne Nagin, Michael's former Head of Security and business aide, continued his testimony too. Mr. Nagin supports Michael's statement that it was actually Mr. Avram who cancelled the millennium shows.

However, Mr. Nagin said Michael was in New York City on 6th and 7th October at a time when Michael had said he thought he was in California. This is the time that Michael had said that he received a telephone call from Mr. Avram canceling the two millennium concerts.

Mr. Avram said that Mr. Nagin, and another business representative, told him about the same time that Michael would not plan the concerts.

Mr. Nagin testified that he was at the meeting on 6th or 7th October when Mr. Avram canceled the shows himself.

The trial resumes on Tuesday 10th December and after a break on Wednesday 11th December, will continue on Thursday 12th December until Friday 20th December. A Christmas break will then follow until the New Year."

"The paper also reported on the calling to the witness stand of Wanye Nagin by Mr. Miller. Mr. Nagin is Michael's former head of security and business partner. Although he left Michael's employment on 5th September 2001 to retire, Mr. Nagin testified he was a "a close friend, loyal all the way."

http://www.allmichaeljackson.com/newsdec02.html

They're was very close also...

Wayne did his job well, he was always quite moody but a great body guard.

He just retired, there wasn't any problems between him and mj

Wayne did his job well, he was always quite moody but a great body guard.

He just retired, there wasn't any problems between him and mj

:hysterical: That is so true... he had his good moods too, though.

He was very close with Michael. One time during the HIStory tour, I was talking to Wayne in the hotel lobby, and Michael called him on his cell phone. I was like :swoon: and kept reallllly quiet while they were speaking... lol. Wayne talked to Michael like brothers do, you know. Not like you'd talk to your 'boss' at all. I thought that was great.

Btw... still wondering if Wayne is related to mayor Nagin of New Orleans, does anyone know?

I have never met Wayne but I am sure he was nice...have you met Kerry? the bodyguard he had during the trial? he was really nice too...

I don't know Kerry, I think....or I'm not sure..what does he look like? I'm not really familiar with the names of the new bodyguards....it seems like these days they just come and go. Wayne was there for years but now it seems every time MJ goes out he has a different bodyguard with him. :scratch:Besides....I haven't really been "around MJ" (=MJ events or any place MJ was) since 2002-3, so I haven't really seen or met any of the bodyguards either...

The only two "new" bodyguards (who don't work for MJ anymore to my knowledge..) that I have experienced were Mike and the gray haired guy who was working for MJ at the same time with Mike in London 2002 (no idea what the other guy's name was...). I was at MJ's hotel and I had presents for Michael and the two of them came out (this was the night before the demo...MJ was in the hotel then) and I saw them and I walked up to them because I wanted to ask them if they could give the presents I had to Michael....And I was next to them and was like "Excuse me, Sir..." but they completely ignored me, so again, I was like "Excuse me...Sir.....Sir...excuse me"....but they just kept ignoring me, so I just walked away. :( I mean, I didn't dare to tap them on their arm or anything because i thought they'll punch me if I touch them, so that's why I kept saying "excuse me sir"...but either they were deaf...or just rude. :mello: I was finally able to give the presents to a security guard from the hotel though the day after the demo. So I hope MJ got all the presents. Since my friend and I had no place to stay in London, we stayed in front of MJ's hotel all night (because we figured that would be the safest place to be in the middle of the night). So around 2-3 am this one security guard came out and we chatted with him for probably an hour or so. :lol: He was really nice and we just talked about everything with him and had a really great conversation actually. Kind of unexpected to have a great convo with some security guard in the middle of the night in front of some hotel in London! :lmao: We talked about music, hobbies, our studies, jobs...you name it! :lol: He said he was into opera and loved to ride his motorcycle on his free time and he had a daughter, etc....He was cool. And he told us MJ was extremely nice and polite and the security guard told me that I should give the presents to the hotel security during the day and they'll give them to MJ's bodyguards. He said that it was MJ's orders...but he also said that security does check all the presents first, and if it's something "inappropriate"...MJ will never see it. Anyways, that security guard from the hotel was cool. Very nice. And it was great to be able to chat with him for so long because we were REALLY tired so it made the time go by a bit faster.

:hysterical: That is so true... he had his good moods too, though.

He was very close with Michael. One time during the HIStory tour, I was talking to Wayne in the hotel lobby, and Michael called him on his cell phone. I was like :swoon: and kept reallllly quiet while they were speaking... lol. Wayne talked to Michael like brothers do, you know. Not like you'd talk to your 'boss' at all. I thought that was great.

Btw... still wondering if Wayne is related to mayor Nagin of New Orleans, does anyone know?

I can remember MJ calling Teddy (Lakin) in Munich 1999. :lol: Teddy was out in front of the hotel and talking to fans and then his phone rang and he was like "Shhh...it's Michael!"....and the fans started yelling "HIIIIIIIII MICHAEL!!!!!!!!!!!! WE LOOOOOVE YOU!!! WHOOOHOOO!!!!! MIKE; YOU'RE THE BEST", etc....so that Teddy wasn't able to hear a thing: :lol: It was pretty funny. :lol:

No idea if Wayne's related to that "other Nagin". :scratch:

Last edited:
I have only seen him on fotos - he seems to be a kind person. While reading this thread I am asking myself if Basheer is still there :D He is such a cool and nice man . :D

he supposedly was let go.

ive always wondered that. isnt wayne from N.O thats what i heard. is nagin a common name? i havnt heard of it much

Last edited:
things change...the old bunch was a really really friendly environment....but it had to be..they were on tour, you have to talk to people sooner or later f your are on a plane like for 8-9hours...twice a week...with the same group of people..

I think Salute to the BGs and lets not forget MR. B.B himself, what a great guy he was! RIP!

On a similar note, back when Wayne was bodyguard there was a tall black guy with a bald head named Yannick, I think it was?? Anyone know what happened to him, and have any fans got any good/bad stories about him?

I never saw Bill Bray, but I heard he was almost like a father-figure for Michael...

And yeah, Yannick was MJ's bodyguard with Wayne. Skipper, Wayne's brother, took Yannick's place...I think Yannick left around 1997-98. I saw Skipper and Wayne in 1998. I liked Skipper too. He seemed nice and very professional too.

I never saw Bill Bray, but I heard he was almost like a father-figure for Michael...

And yeah, Yannick was MJ's bodyguard with Wayne. Skipper, Wayne's brother, took Yannick's place...I think Yannick left around 1997-98. I saw Skipper and Wayne in 1998. I liked Skipper too. He seemed nice and very professional too.

Yannick was amazing... I was really sad when he left. The last time he was there was in South Africa, that was 1997 wasn't it? He had a natural authority about him, so that people just automatically listened to him, without him raising his voice or anything.

As far as I know - well what was said at that time was that Yannick wanted to spend more time at home with his wife and start a family, without travelling around the world and having to be at Michaels back and call 24/7. He was spotted working at a gym in LA a few years later, I have no idea what he's doing now.

And yeah, kudos and RIP to good ole' Bill Bray too... :agree:

Yannick left when the HIStory tour ended!

And yeah, I miss Wayne too! He was a bit scary in the beginning, but one time, in Munich, I was running after Michael's car... when he left the hotel on the way to the concert... I was the only one who kept up, all the others had given up and when they stopped at the traffic lights I caught up with them! Wayne looked at me, smiled and gave me the thumbs up! LOL I was so shocked by his reaction and the fact that I actually caught up with the car (the running was only an obligatory thing, because everyone did it.... I didn't really think about what I would do, if I would actually catch up, it was my first time running after Michael's car... well, okay, I did it in Amsterdam the year before too, but that was a different occasion... that I stood there not knowing what to do!

Geez, I was so green back then... anyway, suddenly I remembered 'Ticket, I have a ticket with me', so I took out the souvenir ticket and motioned to Wayne to pull down the window, which he did, I screamed in "Hi Michael!" (Duh!) and gave the ticket to Wayne, asking Michael to sign it, so he handed it back to Michael and asked me if I had a pen.... damn it, I had no pen and the traffic light was turning green, so they drove away with my ticket! Argh!

Hamid was filming everything from the rooftopwindow and when I saw him outside the stadium I asked him about the ticket and if he could retrieve it for me, and that ass said, that he didn't see me... yeah right... he just was filming me all the time! Asshole!

Anyway, we knew somebody from Sat1 and he gave me a free ticket, so at least I didn't have to buy another one! I didn't see Wayne again in Munich, but the next time I saw him in London he greeted me... and from that time on he greeted me whenever he saw me!

Last edited:
I do remember all of them very well, we had a lot of experiences with them on the HIStory tour, mostly good ones, they were strict, but fair, and really took care of Michael AND the fans. I think MJ had quite a good relationship with his bodyguards, we saw them joking around together sometimes, but when things became serious, they were really doing their job. Not an easy job, taking care of MJ and dealing with all this chaos he causes in public.

Yannick left when the HIStory tour ended!

And yeah, I miss Wayne too! He was a bit scary in the beginning, but one time, in Munich, I was running after Michael's car... when he left the hotel on the way to the concert... I was the only one who kept up, all the others had given up and when they stopped at the traffic lights I caught up with them! Wayne looked at me, smiled and gave me the thumbs up! LOL I was so shocked by his reaction and the fact that I actually caught up with the car (the running was only an obligatory thing, because everyone did it.... I didn't really think about what I would do, if I would actually catch up, it was my first time running after Michael's car... well, okay, I did it in Amsterdam the year before too, but that was a different occasion... that I stood there not knowing what to do!

Geez, I was so green back then... anyway, suddenly I remembered 'Ticket, I have a ticket with me', so I took out the souvenir ticket and motioned to Wayne to pull down the window, which he did, I screamed in "Hi Michael!" (Duh!) and gave the ticket to Wayne, asking Michael to sign it, so he handed it back to Michael and asked me if I had a pen.... damn it, I had no pen and the traffic light was turning green, so they drove away with my ticket! Argh!

Hamid was filming everything from the rooftopwindow and when I saw him outside the stadium I asked him about the ticket and if he could retrieve it for me, and that ass said, that he didn't see me... yeah right... he just was filming me all the time! Asshole!

Anyway, we knew somebody from Sat1 and he gave me a free ticket, so at least I didn't have to buy another one! I didn't see Wayne again in Munich, but the next time I saw him in London he greeted me... and from that time on he greeted me whenever he saw me!

:lol: :lol: You're so funny!!! :lol: I love reading your stories!! :lol: If MJ is ever going to have a concert or any kind of apperance or anything and we are both going we definately have to meet!! You make me laugh! :kickass:

And you gave your CONCERT TICKET for MJ to sign and they drove AWAY with it??! :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: That is so funny! :lol: I can just SEE the look on your face as MJ is driving away with YOUR concert ticket!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

What comes to Hamid....It seems he films fans but does not remember anyone he was filming. :lol: I mean, he was filming STRAIGHT to my direction at the Sony Demo in London in 2002 after MJ told him to...and I had a big a** banner, so it was kind of hard NOT to notice me...especially if you were filming the exact spot where I was from a few feet's distance....:lol: But when we saw him at MJ's hotel the NEXT day and asked if we could leave a video message for Michael, he was like "Were you guys at the demo?"...and I was thinking "Uhm....DUH....you were FILMING the exact spot I was in from about 6 feet away....Are you telling me you didn't see me or can't remember my face?" :doh: :lol: I guess he is so concentrated on the "bigger picture" and making sure the quality is good, etc. that he doesn't really pay attention to the actual PEOPLE he is filming. :scratch:But he was VERY nice though. It completely surprised me. He was extremely patient with me and my friend, very helpful and very very sweet. Like I've said millions of times before...I am EXTREMELY shy....and I hate to be filmed more than anything, but Hamid was just extreeeeemly nice to me and my friend and made us feel really comfortable. I have nothing but good things to say about him.

And yeah...Wayne was cool! He looked "scary", so you didn't wanna mess with him, and yet he was so nice to fans, but tough when needed. Actually......now that you mentioned MJ being in teh same car with Wayne.....I never thought of it before...YOu know, when Wayne took my present when the van drove by....I wonder if MJ was in the same van! :wild: :lol: I mean, the windows were so dark I couldn't see into the vans...and there were two that drove by...the one Wayne was in was the only one that had a window down, and I could just see Wayne..So I wonder if MJ was in that car! :wild: Imagine if he was....then he would have gotten my present right away! :clapping::wild: :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah, at least it's amusing for others to read, right?! ;) I kinda felt like a dork! ;)

Hmm, part of me thinks we have already briefly met, about 4 years ago... but another part of me (LOL) kinda thinks I might be mixing up the user name or drawing the wrong connection in my brain! Are you from... hmm, Denmark or was it Belgium (I know that's not really close... but that's how my brain works! LOL)?

When it comes to Hamid, yeah... I can imagine that he can't remember faces when there is a crowd, sometimes I too have problems remembering faces, but not when I'm the only person! Besides, as a cameraman and photographer you usually have a good memory for faces and stuff.... and I talked to him before several times... so it wasn't like it was the first time he saw me! Anyway, I told him I was the guy who was trying hard to make a dork out of himself about 20 mins earlier and he declined to help me... but I've noticed that he's always been nicer to girls than to guys... so he's an ass! I'm glad he's gone!

Well, usually Wayne is in the same car than Michael! So when Michael really was going somewhere, he definitely was in the car! You missed your chance saying "Hi!" to him! :cheeky:

4 years ago...as in 2004? I haven't been to any MJ events since 2002...And no, I'm not from Denmark or Belgium. :lol:

Hamid was nicer to girls than to guys...? Well, I can't really say....hard to tell. I mean, he filmed some guys too when we were there and I can't say he would have been rude or mean to them or anything. And my friend and I were taking SO MUCH of his time because we didn't really want to be filmed and he was just soooooooooo patient with us, which reeeeally impressed me. :yes:

Who is Hamid?? Was he also there in London ´06??? :D Cause there was a camera-man filming the fans lool :D

4 years ago...as in 2004? I haven't been to any MJ events since 2002...And no, I'm not from Denmark or Belgium. :lol:
Hmm, okay... another dork moment! ;) I thought it might be that I'm mixing up screen names with another long time poster.... but for the life of me I can't come up with that other user name, it's also someone I've seen on the board many times, but apparantly not lately... otherwise there would ring a bell... anyways, I'm rambling... yeah, we have to meet up one of the next events!

Hamid was nicer to girls than to guys...? Well, I can't really say....hard to tell. I mean, he filmed some guys too when we were there and I can't say he would have been rude or mean to them or anything. And my friend and I were taking SO MUCH of his time because we didn't really want to be filmed and he was just soooooooooo patient with us, which reeeeally impressed me. :yes:
Yes, he's patient with girls! ;)

Who is Hamid?? Was he also there in London ´06??? :D Cause there was a camera-man filming the fans lool :D
No, he sued Michael in '04/'05... it seems he's history! He was Michael's personal cameraguy from like '96 to '04... you can see him in the "Take 2 - The footage you were never meant to see" special!

Hamid always was a two-faced b*tch... and he was only 'nice' to girls that he thought would sleep with him.:puke:

But since we're reminicing on tour-people now anyway... my fave MJ-cameraman was Joe Wilcox... talking about someone genuinely nice! :wub:And very professional too... the kind of person Michael needs more of in his (work)life!

Anyone here old enough to remember Ed from the Bad tour? I remember how shocked I was the first time he (as any of Michaels people) pointed a camera at me and said: 'do you have a message for Michael?' Weeeeeeeee........ Good memories:clapping:

Back