Jackson-Wonder connection

So I was reading through the Jungle Fever liner (Stevie Wonder's soundtrack album to the movie), and look who does backing vocals on a few of the songs on the album...

A-274693-1255874545.jpeg

Darryl Phinessee

and

Dorian Holley

A-279485-1167097371.jpeg

http://www.discogs.com/Stevie-Wonder-Jungle-Fever/release/1972335

Am I the only one hearing elements of Stevie's 'Pastime Paradise' during MJ's 'We've Had Enough'?

Am I wrong?

Am I crazy?

[youtube]b0S4SiLxt1s[/youtube]
[youtube]R53Ubm4txus[/youtube]

Marty In LA

Last edited:
Am I the only one hearing elements of Stevie's 'Pastime Pardise' during MJ's 'We've Had Enough'?

Am I wrong?

Am I crazy?

One of my all-time favorite Stevie songs... I set a short film to it once.

I think I see what you mean, the driving repetition in the roughly 3rd part of maybe four parts. Plus the emotion in both songs is so strong... both are very powerful.

Last night I was looking for any evidence that MJ and John Lennon ever even met; none yet, but MJ's friendship with Sean Lennon makes me wonder. My two fallen idols.
Mike was friends with Yoko, that's how he knew Sean.

no body here mention anything about ''All I Do'' ??

Hey I love Just Good Friends and Get It also, I just dont see it being on par with TGIM or Ebony and Ivory.

I prefer "Just good friends" to the "Girl is mine". I love Stevie and Michael together more than Michael and Paul together. I LOVE Stevie anyway. Not just as an artist but also as a genuine, true friend of Michael all through his life! Thank you, Stevie!

They both sang "With a child's heart" as children.

Stevie's version:

Michael's version:

Back