How Many Unreleased Songs are Complete Enough for a Release?

I thought I'd start a thread especially for this question.

Please state your opinion with sources or an argumentation at least.

I will also create a list if you can give me a source that an unreleased song is complete/releasable.

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought I'd start a thread especially for this question.

Please state your opinion with sources or an argumentation at least.

I will also create a list if you can give me a source that an unreleased song is complete/releasable.

This is a good idea! Thank you!

A list, with reliably sourced information and back up, would be a wonderful resource to compile.

Re: Men In Black: How finished is it?

I totally accept what you're saying....good points, all; BUT emphasis should be placed on your phrase, PARTIALLY-FINISHED STATE. That's where the problem lies. I think, when fans ask people like Brad and other sound engineers about unreleased songs, they assume that fans are referring to songs complete enough for release and thus, they maintain that there are not nearly as many as people have been led to believe. I think it's important that they tell fans the truth, in this matter and I think that they are telling the truth. Song titles are not songs, finished enough and worthy of release. A chorus, a few sketchy lyrics, a hint of a possibility of a song, or Michael singing the same line, over and over, is not truly a song, in my opinion. It's a song embryo, that's all.

Many of these songs were not finished and/or discarded for a reason. Some of them were just not very good, some of them were not going in the direction that Michael wanted them to go and many of them were not right for the times (not then and not now). In view of the fact that a large section of the fandom does not agree with producers "finishing" Michael's unreleased and unfinished songs and that John Branca stated that we should not expect any new music, or albums any time soon...well...that's a clear hint regarding the big picture, in my opinion.

Can I add to that how LA Reid said there were 20-30 finished songs to choose from or something along those lines? Out of the entire estates inventory just to imagine there are lots of fully completed tracks that havent been handed over to them is wishful thinking imo

Isn't there a list of songs registered with a US songwriting authority (?) by MJ? I know that some unreleased songs have been catalogised there. I'd say it's the bare minimum.

Threw together this list complete with sources.

It should be noted that this list is nowhere near complete. I removed several titles from this list after observing that the sources weren't as rock solid as those in its company. (Let's also not forget that there are almost certainly titles that we do not know are complete, as well as titles we simply have never heard before). Nonetheless, I hope this is a good source for those of you who are curious!

1. Untitled RedOne collaboration #1 (2008) - MOSTLY FINISHED
    NOTE: RedOne has never publicly commented on precisely how many songs he finished with Michael, nor their state of completion or any titles. However, given that has verified that there are "a few" songs that could be released, and he is willing to do so provided the funds go to charity, it is safe to assume that a minimum of two songs exist with enough vocals to be completed.
    SOURCE: RedOne in a 2010 interview

2. Untitled RedOne collaboration #2 (2008) - MOSTLY FINISHED

3. Untitled L.A. Reid/Babyface collaboration (1990) - MOSTLY FINISHED
    NOTE: Reid's commentary on this untitled track does not offer specifics (e.g., the song's exact state of completion), though he explicitly referred to the track as "mostly finished". Until a secondary source suggests otherwise, it will be included here out of fairness.
    Source: L.A. Reid's memoir Sing to Me (2017)

4. "Buffalo Bill" (1983) - FINISHED
    Source: co-writer John Barnes

5. "Chicago 1945" (1984) - FINISHED
    Source: Attendees of a seminar in which the song was played

6. "Can't Get Your Weight Off of Me" (c. 2000) - FINISHED
    Source: Hosts of The MJ Cast, who were shown the completed track by sound engineer Michael Prince

7. "Eaten Alive" (1985) - FINISHED
    Source: Co-writer Maurice Gibb

8. "Elizabeth, I Love You" (1996) - FINISHED
    Source: Partial internet leak of the complete song

9. "Happy Birthday, Lisa" (1991) - FINISHED
    Source: Internet leak of the complete song

10. "Hot Street" (1982) - FINISHED

11. "I Am a Loser" (2003) / "I Was the Loser" (2008) - FINISHED
    Sources: Internet leak of the complete song, sound engineer Michael Prince

12. "I Have This Dream" (2005) - FINISHED
    NOTE: This entry refers to the all-star recording, though it is reasonable to assume that a solo version by Michael exists in a mostly completed state.
    Source: Various track participants and featured vocalists

13. "I'm Dreamin'" (2006) - FINISHED or MOSTLY FINISHED
    NOTE: Co-writer and co-producer Will.i.am attempted to submit this track for inclusion on his #willpower album, but was thwarted by Jackson's estate (likely as retaliation for Will.i.am's frequent refusal to release the tracks in any other medium). While this is not an indicator that the song is outright finished, it does suggest it has enough vocals for publication.
    Source: Co-writer/co-producer Will.i.am

14. "If You Don't Love Me" (c. 1989) - FINISHED

15. "It Don't Matter to Me" (1980) - (?)
    NOTE: Anka's sole acknowledgment of this song in 2014 did little more than confirm it exists and could be released in the future. To this end,
    given the state of completion of their other two collaborations ("Love Never Felt So Good" and "I Never Heard"/"This Is It"), it stands to reason the track is,
    at the very least, partially complete.

Source: Co-writer Paul Anka

16. "Jane is a Groupie" (1989) - FINISHED (?)
    NOTE: As this song is nothing more than four minutes of Jackson repeating the title ad nauseam, it may not qualify as a proper song to release on a studio album. Nonetheless, given the reported vocal performance and developed nature of the existing demo, it is included
    Source: Attendees of various seminars in which the song was played

17. "Joy" (1991) - FINISHED or MOSTLY FINISHED
    Source: Producer Teddy Riley and sound engineer Jean-Marie Horvat

18. "Lovely Way" (n/a) - FINISHED or MOSTLY FINISHED
    Source: Remix producer Mark Ronson

19. "Make a Wish" (1982) - FINISHED or MOSTLY FINISHED
    Source: Co-writer Buz Kohan

20. "Neverland Landing" (1983) - FINISHED
    Source: Co-writer Buz Kohan, a reliable individual with access to the track

21. "Niteline" (1982) - FINISHED

22. "Seeing Voices" (1997) - FINISHED

23. "Serious Effect (featuring LL Cool J)" (1990) - MOSTLY FINISHED

24. "She Got It" (1990) - MOSTLY FINISHED

25. "She's Trouble" (1982) - FINISHED

26. "Slapstick" (1982) - FINISHED

27. "State of Shock (duet with Freddie Mercury)" (1983) - FINISHED

28. "The Future" (1980) - FINISHED or MOSTLY FINISHED
    NOTE: The existence of the Will.i.am collaborations was called into question by Estate co-executor John Branca and archivist Karen Langford in 2017, when the two opined that no vocals existed from those sessions. This directly conflicts numerous statements made by Will.i.am between 2006 and 2017,
    as well as his brazen attempt at releasing "I'm Dreamin'" (see above) on his own album. In spite of this, this track is included nonetheless, as Will.i.am has proven himself a more trustworthy commentator than the Jackson estate.

29. "The Toy" (1981) - FINISHED
    Source: Several reliable individuals with access to the track

30. "Throwin' Your Life Away" (1988) - FINISHED

31. "Victory (duet with Freddie Mercury)" (1983) - FINISHED
    Source: Freddie Mercury's personal assistant Peter Freestone

32. "What More Can I Give" (2001) - FINISHED

33. "What's Your Life" (c. 1981) - FINISHED
    Source: Jermaine Jackson's memoir You Are Not Alone

34. "World of Candy" (2003) - FINISHED
    Sources: Michael's father Joseph Jackson, Ex-manager Dieter Weisner, duet partner Nisha Kataria

35. "Work That Body" (1990) - FINISHED

Last edited:
"Can't Get Your Weight Off of Me" (c. 2000) - FINISHED
Source: Hosts of The MJ Cast, who were shown the completed track by sound engineer Michael Prince

Actually they were shown an excerpt from the beginning of the song. They don't really know whether it's complete which you can hear by one of them expressing something like "wow, that actually sounded like a complete vocal track".

It is finished though but it's not something the ****** people would know for certain.

;)

What I can say, is with how obsessive we collectively are, the estate could really utilize us on projects..

It should be noted that this list is nowhere near complete. I removed several titles from this list after observing that the sources weren't as rock solid as those in its company. (Let's also not forget that there are almost certainly titles that we do not know are complete, as well as titles we simply have never heard before). Nonetheless, I hope this is a good source for those of you who are curious!
Hey, AlwaysThere.

I picked up these songs from the book Xscape Origins, missing from your list, where the songs were basically confirmed since they are coming from the guys working on the songs.

Tomboy - 85
What You Do To Me - 85
Throwing Your Life Away - 87
Crack Kills - 86
Changes - 80s (rough vocals though)
Hot Fun in The Summertime

Not the first time we hear about these, but just more confirmation. I interpreted it as in these are complete, minus

Don't forget Craze which MP mentioned in the ****** episode. He had it, but gave no information on it. Might be a track. There are tons of stuff out there, really.

Last edited:
I guess we can add Lovely Way:

According to Mark Ronson he produced the song for the "Michael" album but it didn't make the final cut. He also said that Lovely Way is in the Vein of “Good Bye Yellow Brick Road” (Elton John) and “Imagine” (John Lennon)

This means it must be a finished or mostly finished song

1. Untitled RedOne collaboration #1 (2008) - MOSTLY FINISHED
    NOTE: RedOne has never publicly commented on precisely how many songs he finished with Michael, nor their state of completion or any titles. However, given that has verified that there are "a few" songs that could be released, and he is willing to do so provided the funds go to charity, it is safe to assume that a minimum of two songs exist with enough vocals to be completed.

2. Untitled RedOne collaboration #2 (2008) - MOSTLY FINISHED

3. Untitled L.A. Reid/Babyface collaboration (1990) - MOSTLY FINISHED
    NOTE: Reid's commentary on this untitled track does not offer specifics (e.g., the song's exact state of completion), though he explicitly referred to the track as "mostly finished". Until a secondary source suggests otherwise, it will be included here out of fairness.
    Source: L.A. Reid's memoir Sing to Me (2017)

4. "Buffalo Bill" (1983) - FINISHED
    Source: co-writer John Barnes

5. "Chicago 1945" (1984) - FINISHED

6. "Can't Get Your Weight Off of Me" (c. 2000) - FINISHED

7. "Eaten Alive" (1985) - FINISHED
    Source: Co-writer Maurice Gibb

8. "Elizabeth, I Love You" (1996) - FINISHED
    Source: Partial internet leak of the complete song

9. "Happy Birthday, Lisa" (1991) - FINISHED

10. "Hot Street" (1982) - FINISHED

11. "I Am a Loser" (2003) - FINISHED

12. "I Have This Dream" (2005) - FINISHED
    NOTE: This entry refers to the all-star recording, though it is reasonable to assume that a solo version by Michael exists in a mostly completed state.
    Source: Various track participants and featured vocalists

13. "I Was the Loser" (2003/2008) - FINISHED
    Source: Sound engineer Michael Prince

14. "I'm Dreamin'" (2006) - FINISHED or MOSTLY FINISHED
    NOTE: Co-writer and co-producer Will.i.am attempted to submit this track for inclusion on his #willpower album, but was thwarted by Jackson's estate (likely as retaliation for Will.i.am's frequent refusal to release the tracks in any other medium). While this is not an indicator that the song is outright finished, it does suggest it has enough vocals for publication.

15. "If You Don't Love Me" (c. 1989) - FINISHED

16. "It Don't Matter to Me" (1980) - (?)
    NOTE: Anka's sole acknowledgment of this song in 2014 did little more than confirm it exists and could be released in the future. To this end,
    given the state of completion of their other two collaborations ("Love Never Felt So Good" and "I Never Heard"/"This Is It"), it stands to reason the track is,
    at the very least, partially complete.

Source: Co-writer Paul Anka

17. "Jane is a Groupie" (1989) - FINISHED (?)
    NOTE: As this song is nothing more than four minutes of Jackson repeating the title ad nauseam, it may not qualify as a proper song to release on a studio album. Nonetheless, given the reported vocal performance and developed nature of the existing demo, it is included
    Source: Attendees of various seminars in which the song was played

18. "Joy" (1991) - FINISHED or MOSTLY FINISHED
    Source: Producer Teddy Riley and sound engineer Jean-Marie Horvat

19. "Make a Wish" (1982) - FINISHED or MOSTLY FINISHED
    Source: Co-writer Buz Kohan

20. "Neverland Landing" (1983) - FINISHED
    Source: Co-writer Buz Kohan, a reliable individual with access to the track

21. "Niteline" (1982) - FINISHED

22. "Seeing Voices" (1997) - FINISHED

23. "Serious Effect (featuring LL Cool J)" (1990) - MOSTLY FINISHED

24. "She Got It" (1990) - MOSTLY FINISHED

25. "She's Trouble" (1982) - FINISHED

26. "Slapstick" (1982) - FINISHED

27. "State of Shock (duet with Freddie Mercury)" (1983) - FINISHED

28. "The Future" (1980) - FINISHED or MOSTLY FINISHED
    NOTE: The existence of the Will.i.am collaborations was called into question by Estate co-executor John Branca and archivist Karen Langford in 2017, when the two opined that no vocals existed from those sessions. This directly conflicts numerous statements made by Will.i.am between 2006 and 2017,
    as well as his brazen attempt at releasing "I'm Dreamin'" (see above) on his own album. In spite of this, this track is included nonetheless, as Will.i.am has proven himself a more trustworthy commentator than the Jackson estate.

29. "The Toy" (1981) - FINISHED
    Source: Several reliable individuals with access to the track

30. "Throwin' Your Life Away" (1988) - FINISHED

31. "Victory (duet with Freddie Mercury)" (1983) - FINISHED
    Source: Freddie Mercury's personal assistant Peter Freestone

32. "What More Can I Give" (2001) - FINISHED

33. "What's Your Life" (c. 1981) - FINISHED
    Source: Jermaine Jackson's memoir You Are Not Alone

34. "World of Candy" (2003) - FINISHED
    Sources: Michael's father Joseph Jackson, Ex-manager Dieter Weisner, duet partner Nisha Kataria

35. "Work That Body" (1990) - FINISHED

Thank you very much for all of this work! There are quite a few on there that I personally wouldn't count as finished ("Jane is a Groupie"), or release worthy ("If You Don't Love Me"), and a few that were one-offs, never to be performed (or used) ever again, as ordered by Michael....like "Elizabeth, I Love You" and "What More Can I Give" (I love this one though).

I'm not sure about the Will.i.am tracks....has he ever actually said there are full lyrics, because I don't think so?? He keeps talking about songs that he'll never release, which is frustrating to me and pointless. Judging by what Will.i.am has put out, himself, in recent years, I'm not sure that a Will.i.am/MJ collaboration would be "all that", any way. In addition, I'm not sure what the Estate would have to gain from saying there aren't any lyrics, if there actually are?? One would think it would be better to have more viable songs available than less.

Brian May said that none of the songs recorded by Michael and Freddie Mercury together ("Victory", "State of Shock", "There Must Be More to Life Than This") were ever finished.

Also, aren't "I Am a Loser" and "I Was the Loser" the same song?

Question should be which songs are finished AND GOOD. There are a lot of unreleased finished ones that probably not many besides hardcore fans will be able to enjoy.

They should do something with Sunset Driver though (besides including it on some forgotten Box Set). That's such a great catchy song with that Off The Wall vibe that a lot of the new artists have been trying to copy in the last years. But it would probably need another buzz factor like having another big name involved (like Timberlake in Love Never Felt So Good) to get it heard by the masses. Another car commercial maybe? :D

Glad everyone is enjoying the post! I'll be updating it whenever I need to :)

Tomboy - 85
What You Do To Me - 85
Throwing Your Life Away - 87
Crack Kills - 86
Changes - 80s (rough vocals though)
Hot Fun in The Summertime

Don't forget Craze which MP mentioned in the ****** episode. He had it, but gave no information on it. Might be a track. There are tons of stuff out there, really.

"Tomboy" and "What You Do to Me" were originally listed, though I couldn't find any sufficient evidence to verify that they were vocally complete. Xscape Origins acknowledges that they both exist with at least partial vocals, but that's where the trail ends. Same goes for "Crack Kills" -- definitely exists in a recorded state (as per Joseph Vogel), but the level of completion is unknown. And I believe MP confirmed somewhere that only a portion of "Hot Fun in the Summertime" exists, which explains why Mary J. Blige and D'Angelo were brought in for Xscape.

I completely forgot about "Craze" though! I'll do some research on that one. Thank you!

I guess we can add Lovely Way

I always forget "Lovely Way"! Added :)

Question should be which songs are finished AND GOOD. There are a lot of unreleased finished ones that probably not many besides hardcore fans will be able to enjoy.

They should do something with Sunset Driver though (besides including it on some forgotten Box Set). That's such a great catchy song with that Off The Wall vibe that a lot of the new artists have been trying to copy in the last years. But it would probably need another buzz factor like having another big name involved (like Timberlake in Love Never Felt So Good) to get it heard by the masses. Another car commercial maybe? :D

Who are we to determine what the general public would enjoy? We can't even firmly assess what the hardcore fans would enjoy, given that the Estate included Michael's original demos on Xscape specifically for us, and yet there are a substantial number of fans who prefer at least one of the remixes over the originals.

I cannot disagree more with the notion of "Sunset Driver" being reissued on a studio album. There's no reason to choose that song over something we haven't heard before and, fantastic as it may be, the likelihood of a reissue doing anything to increase the social awareness/appreciation of it is incredibly low. The Estate tried to do the same thing on Michael with "The Way You Love Me" (another massively under-appreciated song), and that song doesn't carry any more weight than it did when it was first released in 2004. At this juncture in Michael's posthumous career, pretty much everything released has the strong chance of being forgotten months after it comes out. The Estate needs to stop chasing sales and charts and start making quality products.

Mikky Dee;4217804 said:
There are quite a few on there that I personally wouldn't count as finished ("Jane is a Groupie"), or release worthy ("If You Don't Love Me"), and a few that were one-offs, never to be performed (or used) ever again, as ordered by Michael....like "Elizabeth, I Love You" and "What More Can I Give" (I love this one though).

This isn't a list of release-worthy songs — that would be entirely subjective and wouldn't do any good in the way of informative commentary. This is more of a reference catalog of titles known to have fully/mostly developed vocals that COULD be released, should the Estate ever feel obligated to do so. Fan favorite or not, if it has vocals, it's being included!

(Side note: I feel "What More Can I Give" could be used again, given that the original roll-out was compromised by the infighting between Michael and Sony and sorta fell to the wayside. I'd rather "I Have This Dream" finally be heard, but either would suffice, especially in the current political/social climate.)

I'm not sure about the Will.i.am tracks....has he ever actually said there are full lyrics, because I don't think so?? He keeps talking about songs that he'll never release, which is frustrating to me and pointless. Judging by what Will.i.am has put out, himself, in recent years, I'm not sure that a Will.i.am/MJ collaboration would be "all that", any way. In addition, I'm not sure what the Estate would have to gain from saying there aren't any lyrics, if there actually are?? One would think it would be better to have more viable songs available than less.

Will.i.am has been incredibly flip-floppy over the years. He bounced from refusing to release anything out of respect for Michael's artistic process, to being willing under the condition that Katherine contacted him personally, to attempting to shoehorn one of the tracks onto his last album. He's been very consistent over the past decade that SOMETHING exists in the form of vocals, though he's never specified the exact quantity.

Nothing the Estate says holds any weight in my opinion. Their comments are far too frequently contradictory to statements by third parties, questionable when put in context, or blatantly incorrect. (Consider when they asserted that several of Michael's sound engineers and producers verified the authenticity of the Cascio tracks just days before Cory Rooney claimed the exact opposite.) Branca and Langford's claim that there are no existing vocals from the Will.i.am sessions is a brazen lie in that it not only contradicts everything Will.i.am has said over the past 10 years, but also it fails to remember that "I'm Dreamin'" was at one point a release candidate. There is a fine line between a track having no vocals whatsoever and a track not having sufficient vocals to be released.

My theory? The Estate doesn't have the vocals, so they assume they must not exist. Will.i.am always insisted Michael kept hold of his vocals after recording sessions, and it's rather evident that the Estate doesn't have access to everything.

Brian May said that none of the songs recorded by Michael and Freddie Mercury together ("Victory", "State of Shock", "There Must Be More to Life Than This") were ever finished.

Never finished =/= vocally incomplete

Four of the eight songs on Xscape, despite having fully realized vocals, are by definition "unfinished". (One song, "Love Never Felt So Good," isn't even vocally complete — Michael mumbles rather frequently throughout the whole track!) The two leaked Mercury collaborations are much the same. With some polish, both "State of Shock" and "There Must Be More to Life Than This" could be fashioned into full songs.

Also, aren't "I Am a Loser" and "I Was the Loser" the same song?

They are! I included both for the sake of transparency, though it would make more sense to combine them. Good point!

What More Can I Give was available for download as an MP3 for like two days. It was released [albeit for a very short time period!!]

They are! I included both for the sake of transparency, though it would make more sense to combine them. Good point!
I am sure you know that the chorus was re-recorded for I Was The Loser, but yeah, basically the same song, but a newer version.

There is so much material out there. If it's not a fully completed track like the thread is asking, then it's an alternate version, a demo of a song, etc. It can all be released in some shape or form in a proper respectful manner like many other dead artists. Box sets of demos, alternative, uncomplete songs with video/concert stuff, studio footage, high quality footage, interviews, you name it. For example a History era box set, where the highlights are maybe 3-5 complete songs, and the rest demos, mumbling stuff, alternative versions, etc. There possibilities are endless, really.

There are so much stuff out there, man. I mean, how many unreleased songs do we have that are leaked? Tons of demos and alternative versions from Thriller era and Dangerous era, enough to fill 2-3 projects. And that is just songs

Edit: By the way, AlwaysThere, didn't you have a longer list than that earlier? With more songs?

Last edited:
What More Can I Give was available for download as an MP3 for like two days. It was released [albeit for a very short time period!!]

"What More Can I Give" came out in late October 2003, almost two full years after it was recorded. The music video was relegated to a single awards ceremony and was available as an MP3 purchase for a few days (as you said). There was absolutely no promotion and the release was botched in every possible way. That song above most others deserves a better platform.

We know that I'm Dreamin is ...

a) a duet with Will rapping
b) not finished vocally so Will.I.Am thought of making a duet out of it

Does anyone know for sure? I guess it was a duet but I have no proof for that beside of Will wanting to put it on #willpower

I don't think Will would lie about it... But I really wonder who has the vocal tracks

Firstly thanks AlwaysThere, your posts are always (pardon the pun) really insightful

I just wanted to ask about, Willing and Waiting, Angel, Michael McKellar, Turning Me Off and Alright Now. Do you know anything about how complete these are please

Firstly thanks AlwaysThere, your posts are always (pardon the pun) really insightful

I just wanted to ask about, Willing and Waiting, Angel, Michael McKellar, Turning Me Off and Alright Now. Do you know anything about how complete these are please

Thank you so much! As far as those titles:

"Willing and Waiting" - Babyface featuring Michael Jackson (chorus vocals only).
"Michael McKellar" - a demo was recorded, though I have no clue how complete it is.
"Alright Now" - recorded with John Barnes circa 1984.

No clue about "Angel" or "Turning Me Off" though :/

Thank you so much! As far as those titles:

"Willing and Waiting" - Babyface featuring Michael Jackson (chorus vocals only).
"Michael McKellar" - a demo was recorded, though I have no clue how complete it is.
"Alright Now" - recorded with John Barnes circa 1984.

No clue about "Angel" or "Turning Me Off" though :/

Perfect thank you. Shame about Willing and Waiting I had high hopes for that being complete after Brad's comments. Thanks for replying dude

wait wait wait............. MJ said in AMA 2002 Rodney Jerkins is a genius....... and I personally think that it would be a great feel if we could get any song from producer Rodney Jerkins..........

* why didnt we got any song related to children and earth and environment?
we need MJ's soul material song....... the songs which spreads a sense of awakening......
like people of the world, children holiday, from bottom of my heart...... all these king of song you know........ this would be a great reference!

anyone have any info. about the unreleased songs from producer rodney jerkins??? there is some info about reworked version of CHEATER???

* why didnt we got any song related to children and earth and environment?
we need MJ's soul material song....... the songs which spreads a sense of awakening......
like people of the world, children holiday, from bottom of my heart...... all these king of song you know........ this would be a great reference!

I agree. - And if there isn't a new one in a releaseable shape - they should include We've Had Enough on the new album. That song is more relevant than ever and deserves to be more known.

We've had enough...... it is also a track from producer Rodney Jerkins...... just listen to the all tracks of RJ in Invincible album (Heartbreaker, Threatened, Unbreakable ??, Invincible, YRMW, Privacy??)..... all these tracks are well arranged..... each of them contains a huge funk, a unique sense of music.... and the way he blends synth and the sounds of crash..... is just amazing.... The best outtake of invincible album is XSCAPE in my opinion which was also produced my RJ.
I am telling you guys..... RJ is still underrated....
Any unreleased material from RJ would be great....

**********************RAMPAGE*********************

A song called RAMPAGE, was worked around 1999, MJ with RJ...... RODNEY JERKIN's intagram contains a snippet of the song..... which he called a "JOINT"

He captioned, "This is a joint I was creating for MJ back in 1999 called rampage". He doesnt indicated the completeness of the song, so we cant say anything about the vocals and adlibs and all that stuff........ you can listen the sample here https://www.instagram.com/p/BbDo3u5BfOE/
In case if you are concern with the MJ's opinion about RJ https://youtu.be/bbf4KhiHQGU, he said RODNEY JERKINS, I THINK YOU ARE A MUSICAL GENIUS.

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

There is so much material out there. If it's not a fully completed track like the thread is asking, then it's an alternate version, a demo of a song, etc. It can all be released in some shape or form in a proper respectful manner like many other dead artists. Box sets of demos, alternative, uncomplete songs with video/concert stuff, studio footage, high quality footage, interviews, you name it. For example a History era box set, where the highlights are maybe 3-5 complete songs, and the rest demos, mumbling stuff, alternative versions, etc.

There is no way I would buy a box set of mumblings and song embryos, sorry. Lol.
I'm also quite torn over whether that actually would be respectful to Michael's body of work.

As much as I want to hear everything, sometimes I don't know if I should, because it kind of dilutes the brilliance of what is already there. Does anyone else know what I mean? I dunno...maybe I'm rambling.

:shutup:

We've had enough...... it is also a track from producer Rodney Jerkins...... just listen to the all tracks of RJ in Invincible album (Heartbreaker, Threatened, Unbreakable 😍😍, Invincible, YRMW, Privacy😲😲)..... all these tracks are well arranged..... each of them contains a huge funk, a unique sense of music.... and the way he blends synth and the sounds of crash..... is just amazing.... The best outtake of invincible album is XSCAPE in my opinion which was also produced my RJ.
I am telling you guys..... RJ is still underrated....
Any unreleased material from RJ would be great....

**********************RAMPAGE*********************

A song called RAMPAGE, was worked around 1999, MJ with RJ...... RODNEY JERKIN's intagram contains a snippet of the song..... which he called a "JOINT"

He captioned, "This is a joint I was creating for MJ back in 1999 called rampage". He doesnt indicated the completeness of the song, so we cant say anything about the vocals and adlibs and all that stuff........ you can listen the sample here https://www.instagram.com/p/BbDo3u5BfOE/
In case if you are concern with the MJ's opinion about RJ https://youtu.be/bbf4KhiHQGU, he said RODNEY JERKINS, I THINK YOU ARE A MUSICAL GENIUS.

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

I love all of the songs with a Rodney Jerkins influence. More like these would be gooooooood.

There is no way I would buy a box set of mumblings and song embryos, sorry. Lol. I'm also quite torn over whether that actually would be respectful to Michael's body of work, too.

As much as I want to hear everything.....sometimes I don't know if I should....because it kind of dilutes the brilliance of what is already there??

Does anyone else know what I mean? I dunno...maybe I'm rambling. :shutup:

I know what you mean exactly and I have the same conflictions. \He only released 6 solo albums and a remix record as a man, simply due to his perfectionism

Back