How Many Unreleased Songs are Complete Enough for a Release?

"What More Can I Give" came out in late October 2003, almost two full years after it was recorded. The music video was relegated to a single awards ceremony and was available as an MP3 purchase for a few days (as you said). There was absolutely no promotion and the release was botched in every possible way. That song above most others deserves a better platform.

I've been listening to it a lot lately. It's a really beautiful song but would have to be re-recorded.

I remember someone calling the song 'Victory' "a turd of shit" he did with freddie mercury i think it was brian may

Here is the complete list of Darkchild material (R. & F. Jerkins, LS Daniels) worked on during the INVINCIBLE-Sessions:

Michael Jackson - Chicago 1945
Michael Jackson - Get Around
Michael Jackson - Heartbreaker [released]
Michael Jackson - Invincible [released]
Michael Jackson - Kick It
Michael Jackson - Maybe We Can Do It
Michael Jackson - Pressure
Michael Jackson - Privacy [released]
Michael Jackson - The Pain
Michael Jackson - Threatened [released]
Michael Jackson - Unbreakable [released]
Michael Jackson - You Rock My World [released]
Michael Jackson - We've Had Enough [released]
Michael Jackson - Xscape/Escape [released]

Source: The former website of darkchild.com

Here is the complete list of Darkchild material (R. & F. Jerkins, LS Daniels) worked on during the INVINCIBLE-Sessions:

Michael Jackson - Xscape/Escape[released]

Was there stated how complete they are?

Michael Jackson - Xscape/Escape [released]

You forgot to add the song "Rampage" . A couple of month ago Rodney Jerkins put the intro of the song online on his instagram or twitter, i don't remember exactly.

You forgot to add the song "Rampage" . A couple of month ago Rodney Jerkins put the intro of the song online on his instagram or twitter, i don't remember exactly.

is can't get your weight off of me produced by rodney jerkins

"Rampage" was a draft, Michael did not record it. Rodney never claimed that, too.

"Rampage" was a draft, Michael did not record it. Rodney never claimed that, too.

It's quite obvious from his caption too. I've got no idea where fans generated this idea that it's a song MJ even looked at.

well I have a question for those who say Michael did not record anything for "Rampage"... Is it me or does it not sound like Michaels voice at the end of the clip we heard from Rodney? last split second before it cuts off, it sounds like Michaels voice singing "I"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbtUyNO3AEc

thoughts?

I don't find any legitimacy in that list of Rodney Jerkins outtakes. The only resource I've managed to find is this 8-bit fan website from 2003 that lists those titles without any references. For whatever reason, it also completely omits "Escape" and "Can't Get Your Weight Off of Me".

"The Pain" is authentic, and "Chicago 1945" was dabbled with during the Invincible sessions (though I have no idea whether or not it was with Rodney), but everything else seems too sketchy for me to consider.

well I have a question for those who say Michael did not record anything for "Rampage"... Is it me or does it not sound like Michaels voice at the end of the clip we heard from Rodney? last split second before it cuts off, it sounds like Michaels voice singing "I"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbtUyNO3AEc

thoughts?

Sounds nothing like Michael to me. The tone of that split-second vocal sounds unnatural and pitched-up, almost chipmunk-esque. I'd wager that it's either (a) a vocal/synth sample, or (b) a stand-in vocalist (likely LaShawn Daniels, who did most of the submission demos) with an obscene level of vocal processing.

I don't find any legitimacy in that list of Rodney Jerkins outtakes. The only resource I've managed to find is this 8-bit fan website from 2003 that lists those titles without any references. For whatever reason, it also completely omits "Escape" and "Can't Get Your Weight Off of Me".

"The Pain" is authentic, and "Chicago 1945" was dabbled with during the Invincible sessions (though I have no idea whether or not it was with Rodney), but everything else seems too sketchy for me to consider.

Sounds nothing like Michael to me. The tone of that split-second vocal sounds unnatural and pitched-up, almost chipmunk-esque. I'd wager that it's either (a) a vocal/synth sample, or (b) a stand-in vocalist (likely LaShawn Daniels, who did most of the submission demos) with an obscene level of vocal processing.

May be its a writer's demo or something like that.....

I've seen the site (http://darkchild.com/) myself back then. It was - and still is - his official site. ;)
Chicago 1945 was listed with a typo as "Chicago 145".

Really? Interesting! I had honestly never heard this. I had always been led to believe that it was from that fan site.

Shows how much I know! Thanks for the info :)

Really? Interesting! I had honestly never heard this. I had always been led to believe that it was from that fan site.

Shows how much I know! Thanks for the info :)

It's a pity I've lost my screenshot somehow. The site used FLASH so you don't get to see how it looked like with the Internet Archive Wayback Machine.

I have an information about a song named "Ekam Satyam", meaning "the one that is true". Its a song produced by AR RAHMAN. MJ worked on this song when He was in my country BHARAT. AR RAHMAN one recalled the song and said, " ots a low tempo song".

AR RAHMAN is singing in SANSKRIT, and MJ in ENGLISH

I AM HOPING THIS SONG MAY HAVE VOCALS, APPROPRIATE VOCALS FOR RELEASE.

foralltimerishi;4218180 said:
I have an information about a song named "Ekam Satyam", meaning "the one that is true". Its a song produced by AR RAHMAN. MJ worked on this song when He was in my country BHARAT. AR RAHMAN one recalled the song and said, " ots a low tempo song".

AR RAHMAN is singing in SANSKRIT, and MJ in ENGLISH

I AM HOPING THIS SONG MAY HAVE VOCALS, APPROPRIATE VOCALS FOR RELEASE.

I read somewhere that MJ was going to perform it at the MJ and friends show in Munich back in 1999. But it wasn’t in the end.

Seeing as it will be Michael’s 60th birthday this year does anyone think it’s likely we’ll see a new project being announced. Maybe a new album?

I think we will see some kind of project this year.

I think Thriller 3D - and maybe Ghost 3D are pretty safe this halloween.

BUT - will there be more? Maybe a new album? or a new version of This Is It? I hope so.

I think there will be something this year.

AmitLal92;4218338 said:
Seeing as it will be Michael’s 60th birthday this year does anyone think it’s likely we’ll see a new project being announced. Maybe a new album?

I'm not expecting an album, but I do think there'll be something this year. I can't decide whether the Estate would want to do something BIG for Michael's 60th birthday, or in 2019 for the 10th anniversary of his passing, or both.

I'm not expecting an album, but I do think there'll be something this year. I can't decide whether the Estate would want to do something BIG for Michael's 60th birthday, or in 2019 for the 10th anniversary of his passing, or both.

I hope they do something for both. But I don't think it will be an album either. For the 60th anniversary, we will probably get Thriller 3D & Ghosts 3D. For the 10th anniversary, probably some unreleased rehearsal footage from This Is It of songs like Stranger In Moscow, Dangerous etc.

Let’s just hope any new release will be creative. IMO 3D is a absolute waste of money and effort. I think we will see a album sometime in the next year, Sony has to make a return on their investment.

Smooth72;4218396 said:
Let’s just hope any new release will be creative. IMO 3D is a absolute waste of money and effort. I think we will see a album sometime in the next year, Sony has to make a return on their investment.

Their main investment is the distribution of the albums and songs that made MJ a star, they get a lot of revenues from his old classics.
Unlike what many fans have been falsely believing, NEW material is not what generates large sums of money.

Hope that Estate will official release "I Am A Loser"/"I Was A Loser"
I love that song, I love the lyrics...

Back