Spike Lee announces Off The Wall Documentary - Estate Announcement Page 66

Re: Spike Lee announces Off The Wall Documentary

Timbaland should never work on Michael's music again, PERIOD.

Yeah, in your opinion. But the fact is that he did a great job on Xscape, so if he'll be asked to do some work on this release, I would be happy - like many people around the world who were happy with Love Never Felt So Good.

Did anyone asked From Spike via twitter whether that article info is true?

Yeah, that would be very helpful, because this may have been just a rumor. Although, I doubt that he'll answer.

Yeeeeaaahhhh! Can't wait. But I would prefer Dangerous 25/Documemtary as a new project.... :( I would LOVE to see Dangerous 25! :D

Aaaaaaaaaaand of courseeeee it will be awesome if WDAN would get more attention since it's a really good song...

i asked him, don't think he'll respond though.. this could just end up being a documentary quite similar to 'The One'

Yeah, that would be very helpful, because this may have been just a rumor. Although, I doubt that he'll answer.

The source is genuine.

i did. in frantic caps lock. i doubt he'll answer lol
perhaps someone should try the calmer approach ;)

i did. in frantic caps lock. i doubt he'll answer lol
perhaps someone should try the calmer approach ;)
haha. I'm thinking about joining Twitter now.
Maybe Spike can be the go to guy for all these docs.

haha. I'm thinking about joining Twitter now.
Maybe Spike can be the go to guy for all these docs.

he retweeted me once, when i promoted BAD 25 airing on BBC 2 through my Twitter page ;)

Triumph Tour needs to be released! i hope they will also include unreleased song's as well, plus a re-issue of the Live Vinyl!!!
The concert in that video would be great choice. Michael sounds amazing!

Why all the talk about needing to "contemporarize" OTW? Such a blasphemy. OTW is a classic album, please keep the "contemporarizing" craziness far away from it!

I am more liberal about Xscape, but when I see people on an MJ forum excitedly talking about whether Pharrell or Bruno Mars would be better to "contemporarize" OTW I get really, really sad.

Nice to see a new project in the works. Not what I was hoping for but I'm sure it will be great. I hope for a concert release with this as well as some unreleased songs. My hope is they stay away from a bunch of remixes, it does nothing to enhance the music. No over produced crap from Timbaland and company. If Quincy works on some tracks, I'm good with that.

Both Thriller 25 and Bad 25 had remixes by younger artists, so if they do OTW it will probably have some too.

Great news about Spike working on a documentary. He did an amazing job with Bad 25, so I'm looking forward to more information.

I don't want any contemporizing done for this project. If they decide to release some unreleased songs (which they don't have to), I want some of MJ's previous producers (Quincy & Bruce Swedien would be perfect) to finish them for release. But in my opinion unreleased songs are not necessary for this type of release, especially some potential hit material songs that can be released on proper studio album. But they should release whole disc of demos and alternate takes of released songs. Also if there is some unreleasable material, like rough demos, ideas or songs with incomplete lyrics - those type of songs should be released untouched, as demos.

But, be realistic. They are going to do remixes. I'm not talking about contemporizing here, but classic remixes. They are going to happen, like it or not. So if they are happening, it's better to have Pharrell or Timbaland doing them than some DJ's like Afrojack.. or Pitbull!

Both Thriller 25 and Bad 25 had remixes by younger artists, so if they do OTW it will probably have some too.

Exactly. So it's better to have producers like Pharrell and Timbo (even will.i.am) doing them, than some DJs turning classics into techno songs with Pitbull rapping about pregnant women and naming random places.

Why are people asking for remixes???

Were the originals not perfect as they were? No-one, no matter how talented, is going to make DSTYGE, RWY,OTW and WDAN better than the versions already released so why make them worse?

It'll be nice to see Get On The Floor get some attention. I'm surprised it was never released as a single

Off The Wall is Michael's second most praised album after Thriller, enough with his praised albums already, Dangerous and HIStory are his best work, they deserve more recognition and attention they already get. Since Spike was involved with 2 shorts, it'd be more appropriate.

Why are people asking for remixes???

Were the originals not perfect as they were? No-one, no matter how talented, is going to make DSTYGE, RWY,OTW and WDAN better than the versions already released so why make them worse?

No one is asking for them. But they will happen. It's the reality. Also remixes are not being made to be better or worse than originals. They are being made to be different than originals, to remind people of old songs - NOT to replace the originals. So it's better to have good remixes, than the bad ones.

It'll be nice to see Get On The Floor get some attention. I'm surprised it was never released as a single

Actually they could release it as a single now and if the promotion was done well IMO it would do well. It's such a club favourite STILL!

Also it would be nice to have the full version. This unofficial remix has some unreleased parts in it, such as an extra verse. I'd like to have it in original!

https://soundcloud.com/kon/mj-get-kon-the-floor-remix

Or Working Day And Night!

I hope that Spike will do a documentary about every album. It seems unfair to only focus on a few albums and leave some out. It shouldn't just be Michael Jackson albums either. The Jackson's albums are incredibly underrated (Even within the fanbase) and deserve more attention. Especially Triumph and Destiny

No one is asking for them. But they will happen. It's the reality. Also remixes are not being made to be better or worse than originals. They are being made to be different than originals, to remind people of old songs - NOT to replace the originals. So it's better to have good remixes, than the bad ones.

It's not worth the risk. Thriller25? What's the point?

You don't celebrate the Mona Lisa or the Sistine Chapel by getting Rolf Harris to recreate them.

Like I said, the point is to make something different than original but still good, to remind people of old songs. If I were at Epic - I would do remixes. But I wouldn't put them on the CD. I'd put them on itunes or release them with singles as bonus tracks. But they'll put them on the CD. I'm 100% sure, we can bet if you want. Remixing everything is their thing - they'll do it this time too.

But the fact is that he did a great job on Xscape, so if he'll be asked to do some work on this release, I
------------

i would say thats an opinion not a fact just like the person you replied to whos opinion was that timberland did a bad job. everyones opinion
is just that and everyone has a right to it and shouldnt be downplayed because you dont agree with it

its kinda ironic that ppl talk about "contemping" OTW songs. if you listen to all the modern recent releases pharrel etc they are all wannabe OTW songs. So u wanna make the songs on OTW sound like daft punk etc when its them trying to sound like OTW!

Just a thought, Off The Wall has one of the coolest album covers ever.

Dangerous is the best, and most thought provoking, but Off The Wall is the coolest.

Actually they could release it as a single now and if the promotion was done well IMO it would do well. It's such a club favourite STILL!

Also it would be nice to have the full version. This unofficial remix has some unreleased parts in it, such as an extra verse. I'd like to have it in original!

https://soundcloud.com/kon/mj-get-kon-the-floor-remix

Yeah! And then we can totally get rid of some of MJ's vocals, replace them with Bruno Mars's and then we'll have a trendy duet!!!!!!!!!!!1111111one111111!!!!!!!!!

You don't celebrate the Mona Lisa or the Sistine Chapel by getting Rolf Harris to recreate them.

i guess they think its trying to make it hip to the kids. when all it does is show how great the originals are and how rubbish the so called talent of today is.

Back