Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "POP REGALIA -The Style of Michael Jackson" an ART Book dedicated to Dennis Thompkins

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,408 Times in 4,516 Posts

Default "POP REGALIA -The Style of Michael Jackson" an ART Book dedicated to Dennis Thompkins

Im so excited. This is something I have been waiting for a long time now. I have made several requests for such a book on Michael Bush's face book page and now Im so suprised and happy that a book about designs and making of Michael Historical costumes and wardrobe is now a reality. This needed to be written for Michael's Legacy and for posperity.

"POP REGALIA -The Style of Michael Jackson" an art book
    dedicated to the memory of Michael’s costume designer Dennis Tompkins.

Michael Lee Bush

thank you all for the kind words with the passing of Dennis Tompkins I'm pround to announce "POP REGALIA-The Style of Michael Jackson" an art book dedicated to the memory of Dennis..... it will be a behind the scenes look at the art form of designing and tailoring of Michael's costumes from our time working with The King of Pop. It will be kinda like your personal museum of his clothing. A visual feast for the eyes!!!! Fasten your seatbelts!!!!!!!! look for the upcoming page here on facebook.....

L.O.V.E. survives
    so we can Rock forever *

Blog Facebook Twitter Youtube Tumbler

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to qbee For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 113
    Overall activity: 37.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,972 Times in 1,401 Posts

Default Re: "POP REGALIA -The Style of Michael Jackson" an ART Book

Really looking forward to this. I hope it will be 'encyclopaedic' in coverage with LOTS of pictures! Thank you in anticipation, Mr Bush, and I am only sorry that Dennis is not here to see this wonderful project come to fruition.
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 409
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: "POP REGALIA -The Style of Michael Jackson" an ART Book

Oh this is PERFECT! :happy: I like Michael Bush and Thank him so much for this.

Michael is THE style icon

I'll L.O.V.E.You Michael... Forever & Always.

I Tinkerbell, Riley, Becca, Seven, Melissa, Apples, Katie.
    L.O.V.E.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 82Thriller84 For This Useful Post:

elusive moonwalker

Default Re: "POP REGALIA -The Style of Michael Jackson" an ART Book dedicated to Dennis Thompkins

sounds great

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,902 Times in 912 Posts

Default Re: "POP REGALIA -The Style of Michael Jackson" an ART Book dedicated to Dennis Thompkins

I will gladly pass...as far as I am concerned, he can do what I told Frank Cascio to do with his book, which is to shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

And people wonder why these fools keep exploiting MJ's name.

I'd buy a 100 Man in the Music...before I give my money to Bush or Cascio...or Jermaine..or Latoya.....or any other nutjobs who think releasing a book exploiting their connection to MJ is all they need to fill their pockets.
    Last edited by Memefan; 28-12-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,153 Times in 557 Posts

Apart from subject what makes this book different from Man In The Music?? It's no doubt going to be positive so why slate it before it's even been written?!

It's a positive f**king book for crying out loud!!!!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thrillerchild For This Useful Post:

elusive moonwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Memefan View Post
    .I will gladly pass...as far as I am concerned, he can do what I told Frank Cascio to do wtih his book, which is to shove it where the sun doesn't shine.And people wonder why these fools keep exploiting MJ's name.... That's why.I'd buy a 100 Man in the Music...before I give my money to Bush or Cascio...or Jermaine..or Latoya.....or any other nutjobs who think releasing a book exploiting their connection to MJ is all they need to fill their pockets.
    true but u dont need to buy it to see the pics and hear the stories.its an intresting book interms of what its about. makes u wonder if denis didnt want to do this book cause whys bush anouncing it so quick

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,902 Times in 912 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thrillerchild View Post
    Apart from subject what makes this book different from Man In The Music?? It's no doubt going to be positive so why slate it before it's even been written?!

It's a positive f**king book for crying out loud!!!!
    I wouldn't support anything Dennis, Tompkins, Faye do even if they wrote about MJ in the most glorious way.

Quote Originally Posted by elusive moonwalker View Post
    true but u dont need to buy it to see the pics and hear the stories.its an intresting book interms of what its about. makes u wonder if denis didnt want to do this book cause whys bush anouncing it so quick
    I guess you have a point...and most probably it will go in the same dumpster along side Latoya's & Cascio's.

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 164
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I wouldn't support anything Dennis, Tompkins, Faye do even if they wrote about MJ in the most glorious way.

I guess you have a point...and most probably it will go in the same dumpster along side Latoya's & Cascio's.
    So what you suggest is that we should stop buying EVERYTHING thta is about Michael so ppl stop making money on his name ??? stop buying books, memorabilia, cds, and so on no matter if is possitive or negative?
    Everything that makes money with Michael's name is bad???? :mello:
    I am sorry that is not only unreasonable, but also unrealistic and just not how world works.

In the other hand I am very happy about this book! Michael was a Fashion Icon and I loved how he dressed! I am dying to know what inspired him and where he got his fashion ideas!

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pg13 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,356 Times in 536 Posts

Now this is a book I will look forward to, all the history of the costumes throughout the years.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,756 Times in 966 Posts

I was irked at both of them when they sold the Thriller jacket, but after Dennis Thompkins passed away, I've wondered whether it was due to personal problems or money issues. Does anyone know if Dennis was ill for a while, and needed the money for himself or his family? I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt.

This is a book I'd love to see, but as always will wait for reviews and the promotion of the book.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I think it is very important work for Michael's costumer to chronicle his work with MJ. I don't find it exploitative at all. Historians in later time will be thrilled to have a first-person work like that from which to study Michael's life. Much better than a secondary source......

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to piperdarcy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

I will gladly pass...as far as I am concerned, he can do what I told Frank Cascio to do with his book, which is to shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

And people wonder why these fools keep exploiting MJ's name.

I'd buy a 100 Man in the Music...before I give my money to Bush or Cascio...or Jermaine..or Latoya.....or any other nutjobs who think releasing a book exploiting their connection to MJ is all they need to fill their pockets.

It's your right not to buy the book but you could avoid using some terms that you do.

-"Michael was so different and unique as both an artist and a person, that many people couldn't wrap their minds around him. He didn't fit into the boxes we like people to fit into. So instead they reduced him, caricatured him, exploited him, and denied him of his complexity, depth, humanity, and artistry." -

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Here is a dazzling style exploration of the King of Pop. Every visual aspect of Michael Jackson is shown. The result is a stunning photographic feast spanning nearly half a century. From his makeover as a little boy in the Jackson 5 at Motown, his early TV appearances and Saturday morning cartoon. His album images from Off the Wall to Thriller to Invincible and the outfits from all his record breaking World tours The origins of the crystal glove and the white socks. Working with stylist Rushka Bergman and designers Andre Kim and Andre van Pier as well as Balmain and Givenchy. How his dancing and clothing style has influenced other artists including Justin Timberlake, Beyonce.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xtarlight and Mpenziwe For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran

"Please hold. All muses are busy right now, but your inspiration is important to us..."
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,803 Times in 561 Posts

Looking forward to it. The arrival at court for example were the only brief glimpses of those magnificent outfits created for Michael. You don't see William Morris style tapestry on a man's arm (armband) everyday...

This book will find a loving home right next to Bruce Swedien's "In the Studio with Michael Jackson" and "Man in the Music".
    Can't wait!
    “And the sun and the moon sometimes argue over who will tuck me in at night. If you think I am having more fun than anyone on this planet, you are absolutely correct.” ― Hafez

“It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive.” C. W. Leadbeater