Comedians who make sick jokes about Michael

analogue

Proud Member
I'm not talking about the plastic surgery or vitilgo kind of jokes. I'm talking about the child molester jokes. Comedians who made/make a living off of saying ''Michael Jackson was a child molester''
How do you feel about these? Do you find them sick and disgusting, or do you think it's no big deal because it's only a ''joke''?

I'm not an overly sensitive MJ fan, and I can deal with dumb plastic surgery jokes, but molester jokes is where I draw the line. Those false allegations drove Michael to an early grave, and those comedians who made those sick ''jokes'' didn't help

I personally don't like any kind of joke because most ot those come from thinking and saying bullshit about Michael. But anyone who do so about child molestation/rape are twisted fuks IMO.

And I doubt that real child molester victims finds these ''jokes'' funny either

Pedophilia jokes are not funny, period, end of subject.

And I personally take exception to plastic surgery, vitiligo jokes. Vitiligo and Lupus are diseases-no one would crack jokes about someone with cancer, would they? And I don't appreciate ANY humor that is at the expense of another person-at all. No matter who it's about. Not funny at all in my opinion and I refuse to watch those kinds of comedians.

This is why I love Chris Tucker lol

You can be funny without being an asshole :p
But yeah I don't think making fun of things in a malicious light that directly affects people's lives is funny. Lupus, vitiligo or any disease - and ESPECIALLY child molestation. I mean really, even if i believed MJ was guilty, in what planet would that be funny?

That's what i've been saying for a long time. Joking about someones vitiligo condtion is like joking about a person who has cancer, alzheimers, etc.

One comedian that comes to my mind is Katt Williams. I'm appalled by the way he degraded MJ. Sometimes i wish MJ would have retorted back but you know, you can't fight ignorance with ignorance.

Sometimes i just think for myself, if we consider these stand up comedians that takes vile and derogatory jabs at other people as classless characters, how about the people in the audience commending and applauding at these so called "jokes"?..

Last edited:
Very few comedians make tasteful jokes that are not disrespectful and are truly funny and is about or includes something about Michael. But I have no tolerance for jokes that attacks his or, anyone's for that matter, character or jokes related to abuse of any kind (granted jokes about substance about are a lot more "light-hearted", for lack of a better word, it still hits home for I've had one to many loved ones suffer horribly from it).

I really think most "comedians" nowadays are into twisted and derogatory "humor" to make people laugh which is sad. Most of them rely on causing controversy on bringing people down at the expense of their disgrace and I assume fans of those so called comedians share their twisted and narrowminded view of things which make them sheep.

Very few comedians make tasteful jokes that are not disrespectful and are truly funny and is about or includes something about Michael. But I have no tolerance for jokes that attacks his or, anyone's for that matter, character or jokes related to abuse of any kind (granted jokes about substance about are a lot more "light-hearted", for lack of a better word, it still hits home for I've had one to many loved ones suffer horribly from it).
This is very true.

Also, I am not very sensitive when it comes to the offensiveness of jokes, I just don't really find most of these jokes to be funny. I never did. Jokes about child molestation just aren't clever.

The primary problem a lot of people have with comedy, is that as soon as particular words are mentioned (like, 'rape' or 'suicide') they automatically take the stance that the joke is intended to be derogatory of solely offensive. This is not the case. Satire and parody are both fundamental techniques of rationalising or understanding certain scenarios. One that is commonly misunderstood by MJ crazies is the infamous South Park episode, which was more an send up on the mistreatment of black people by law enforcement organisations.

And before anyone get on their moral high-horse in an attempt to make some frivolous debate, I am a writer and a comedian, I have a fairly good idea what I'm talking about.

MJ was fair game for jokes.

I actually watched a Katt Williams special with some girlfriends a while back,but I immediately turned it off once the MJ jokes came on. It was highly disrespectful,and in no way,shape,or form was it funny.
Chris Rock has done it,Kathy Griffin (who I love,but forgave) has done it,but made up for it after 2009,and the list goes on. Bottom line: it's not something to take personal,and 99.99999% of the time,it's a joke,but again,it's still highly disrespectful and should be taken very seriously,especially the molestation jokes.
How any comedian can make fun of something as serious as child molestation is absolutely ghastly.

I get satire, and I think there have been some great skits that has done satire of MJ well without degrading his character or him as a human being. There's a line between comedy and bullying. And I'm also putting myself in the shoes of real people who have to deal with rape and child molestation, i doubt that making light of those issues is funny to them.

Yes, I will admit it IS possible to make jokes about these things that might actually be tactful if you're smart about it. But most comedians aren't, and thats where MJ fans get mad. Telling jokes turns into just straight up bullying and its not really funny - if it was done to ANYONE, not just MJ.

And I think it says something that comedians, after MJ died, either try to make up for it or attempts at an apology. It means that they knew that what they didn't wasn't cool. But it shouldn't be after the person dies that this comes to light. If it was all fun in games, then it shouldn't matter if the person died or not, its all 'jokes.' But just like any type of bullying - words hurt. And so do what those comedians say.

The primary problem a lot of people have with comedy, is that as soon as particular words are mentioned (like, 'rape' or 'suicide') they automatically take the stance that the joke is intended to be derogatory of solely offensive. This is not the case. Satire and parody are both fundamental techniques of rationalising or understanding certain scenarios. One that is commonly misunderstood by MJ crazies is the infamous South Park episode, which was more an send up on the mistreatment of black people by law enforcement organisations.

And before anyone get on their moral high-horse in an attempt to make some frivolous debate, I am a writer and a comedian, I have a fairly good idea what I'm talking about.

Have you seen The Katt Williams portion where he talks about MJ?

I slightly agree with you. Eddie Murphy on delirious was humorous and satirical, even when Chris Tucker joke about Michael he does it with dignity and makes harmless jokes that doesn't demean Michael's character. Then on the other side we have people like Robin williams,(May he rest in peace), saying tasteless and ugly things, and Katt Williams, Dave Chappell, Jay Leno and the rest.

Have you seen The Katt Williams portion where he talks about MJ?

Then on the other side we have people like Robin williams,(May he rest in peace), saying tasteless and ugly things, and Katt Williams, Dave Chappell, Jay Leno and the rest.

I've seen the Katt Williams bits, I don't think much of them, but there are clearly people out there who do. Jay Leno was nothing but his typical hack-garbage method of comedy. Robin Williams, on the other hand, was particularly funny and to some extent, clever. It was well thought-out and admirably constructed.

The issue that a lot of people have with art, is that it is so subjective that morality isn't really a factor. Reception changes that, of course, but not during its construction.

The more frightening part about when MJ fanatics bitch about people joking about Michael, is that they can't see why he is the punchline. The dude was weird. That's a fact. Even past the tabloid bullshit, you'd have to be pretty deluded not to acknowledge that. People aren't going to do the in-depth research that so many of us have, and we shouldn't expect them to.

Robin Williams made people happy with the joke he told about Michael. He took something that has cause people a lot of hurt and pain, reconstructed it and satirised it into something that briefly brought joy to people. Comedy is a beautiful thing. And that's exactly why I believe anything can explored through this wonderful vessel of free speech.

Would I have take the path Robin did with that kind of material? No. But I've talked and written about some very contentious thing, including depression and suicide, and there are plenty of people who would take issue with that even before I've gotten to the punchline.

If comedians want to joke about how ''weird'' Michael was then I don't care. It's the child molester ''jokes'' that I hate

If comedians want to joke about how ''weird'' Michael was then I don't care. It's the child molester ''jokes'' that I hate
So... You expect your average, everyday person to just assume that a 40 year old man, who hangs around with children a lot, who is then accused of child molestation is innocent?

If it was anyone else, the denial of guilt wouldn't be so prominent. And the jokes would be far more justifiable to a lot of this forum's inhabitants.

So... You expect your average, everyday person to just assume that a 40 year old man, who hangs around with children a lot, who is then accused of child molestation is innocent?

If it was anyone else, the denial of guilt wouldn't be so prominent. And the jokes would be far more justifiable to a lot of this forum's inhabitants.

I don't give a crap what the average person thinks. I was just giving my opinion on that subject

The problem with the jokes is that they perpuate the stereotypes and lies about Michael. And this leads to the general public dismissing a not guilty verdict of a trial and instead believing that there is no smoke without fire. Plus spiteful and ignorant jokes in general about anyone with different views or looks are wrong. They lead to prejudice, segregation and bullying. If you laugh along then you are part of the problem not part of the solution. Please don't fuel hatred.

I don't give a crap what the average person thinks.
So you're giving an opinion on art without taking into account social consensus?

Well, based on that, I'll take on your attitude. I don't care what you think. Your approach to creative expression is clearly so narrow, you're not willing to be challenged by something confronting, which is a fundamental factor in the way we as humans develop and see the world.

So you're giving an opinion on art without taking into account social consensus?

Well, based on that, I'll take on your attitude. I don't care what you think. Your approach to creative expression is clearly so narrow, you're not willing to be challenged by something confronting, which is a fundamental factor in the way we as humans develop and see the world.

There's a difference between creative expression and bullying

Are you serious on Robin Williams material being "clever"? It was straight up bullying and degradation of his character. Eddie Murphy was satirical on his routines about MJ, you know they were so unreal that you're cracking up. He never degraded his character or fed the masses with bullshit like most of them do when they joke of him. Williams constantly or any other MJ hater who made a career smearing him feeding the public Michael molested children, what was the difference? I don't see it, unless double standards come out. And no one has a pass from me if they joke about child molestation, as analogue said, it's doubtful real victims of that crime find it funny.

Comedians don't have to degrade people's character to be funny, the truth is most of them do.

One that is commonly misunderstood by MJ crazies is the infamous South Park episode, which was more an send up on the mistreatment of black people by law enforcement organisations.

Which SP eposide? The first MJ part or the second? I agree about the first one which was called Jeffersons. That actually seemed to imply MJ was unfairly treated by authorities - well, in it's own SP way. The second however, which was made after his death and it was about his spirit going into one of the kids or something, did seem to imply he was a child molester. I found this second one more offensive.

I did not see anything exceptionally "clever" in Robin Williams' jokes either. In fact, it was just the same ol', same ol' MJ jokes again - his skin, allegations and in not even a particularly well thought out way IMO. But each to their own.

The only ones the come to mine are Katt Williams and Dave Chappell, not Robin Williams, his jokes were not harsh, he just made some light humor in my opinion, he did make one joke that was slightly harsh, but still he was carefull. My favorite joke about MJ though, is the one Robin Williams made with the nose, he goes "Michael, we have some of your possessions here" {MJ} "Okay" "One African American nose, and three others" (MJ) "Two of those are mine, one's LaToya's". I just find it to be funny personally, I like humor like that, he wasn't really being a a**h*le, but he was being a j*ck*ss, a wise cracker, he was being funny.

I hate it if anybody tells "jokes" about that topic. It isn't funny. Child molestation is not funny. If you are the victim (in this case it is Michael, in other cases really molestet children)or not. It is the wrong topic to make fun of. Period.

It is not appropriate to tell jokes about child molestation and common sense should tell everyone that making fun of people with illnesses, whether it is vitiligo or other, makes no difference. In fact, I find that kind of "humour" repulsive. Unfortunately some comedians that names have been mentioned here, have not mastered the art of making fun of themselves. They use other people's misfortune to make money, and it is one form to put down those unfortunate people.

One of the name that should be mentioned here is Chris Rock.
Here is his latest of what he has to say about Michael if you can stomach him
http://www.vulture.com/2014/08/watch-chris-rock-on-the-approval-matrix.html

So we've all noticed. As robin williams admitted after mj's death 'it was like bitch slapping a paraplegic'. With mj it crossed the line into bullying, bullying that's continued after he's dead - jmo.

Anyone who uses people's disgraces/misfortunes to make a living "joking" about it is a straight up asshole and bully call them Chris, Dave, Seth, Katt, Robin, etc. In Michael's case it contributed to the lynching mob who has considered him a criminal and monster.

Back