What song(s) suprised you the most?

analogue

Proud Member
I don't mean surprised you by how good it is, but by how different it is from the usually MJ sound. I know that Michael liked to surprise people, but are there any songs that made you think ''Wow, Mike sure pulled a curve ball with this one''

Morphine for me
Definitely this.
I always kinda dismissed BOTDF (even though I love the title track) but when I heard Morphine I was just shocked by how unusual it was. The ballad section in the middle especially caught me completely off guard. HIStory and BOTDF are two albums where I wish they'd have just been standalone releases rather than being coupled with hits and remixes. Maybe then they'd garner the respect they deserve and be recognised as being some of his most interesting and personal work.

Definitely the song Abortion Papers. I was really surprise of this song existence. Back when Bad 25 was coming out. Especially since it is not listed any where in my For The Record book. And I have the revised version of that book. Where other unreleased songs of his are mention in the book. I wonder why this song wasn't mention.

BadTour87;4161531 said:
Whatever Happens

Definitely! :)

But, my mouth was hanging open at hearing ...

If You Don´t Love Me

... for the first time :lol:
It sounds like he wrote and played that with a former High School Band "Michael & the Waves" or something. :woohoo:

No offence! :lol:

Last edited:
Shout because he was basically rapping on that track. Also Superfly Sister and She Got It, the lyrics on these songs are kind of risque.

Morphine is the obvious choice, I think. I don't think many people saw MJ making a song like that.

2000 watts, I didn't believe it was MJ when I first heard it years ago lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shout. How fast he is on that song.

I'd also have to add on Morphine and Little Susie.

Back