have you ever succumbed to the power of a jingle?

Proud Member
i mean, i heard this jingle on the radio for 'tapatio' hot sauce. i never tried the stuff before, but solely because of a jingle that i can't get outta my head, i went and bought the stuff. how in the world can i possibly buy something i know nothing about, based on a jingle which i wasn't thata fond of? it just so happens that it repeated over and over in my head...lol

why oh why do i have to 'tap into the taste tapatio ohhh'? lol!!

It happens for everyone sometimes I think.
People just don't want to admit it! ;-)

"Nytol will help you get your z's." & "Stretch it out, out... Caramello".

These are commercials from the 80's and their jingles have stuck with me for years.

"5.8.8 - 2.3.0.0.....Empiiiire" - old carpet commercial that I still know the jingle to. I think only people in central Illinois would know that one.

And does the "5 dollar footlong" song count too, because that one is gonna be in my head for quite some time.

There are others, but I don't feel like making a fool out of myself today, lol!

"5.8.8 - 2.3.0.0.....Empiiiire" - old carpet commercial that I still know the jingle to. I think only people in central Illinois would know that one.

And does the "5 dollar footlong" song count too, because that one is gonna be in my head for quite some time.

There are others, but I don't feel like making a fool out of myself today, lol!

i've heard both of those. lol..

Those FreeCreditReport.com jingles
The Mentos the Freshmaker jingle
The Kit-Kat bar jingle

But those jingles were crafted to be catchy and get stuck in your head

But some aren't original and were never intended to be in a commercial but still get stuck in my head because of the commercial like Geico with "Somebody's Watching Me" and Swiffer with "Baby Come Back"

"The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup!" - Classic...

"tuuuum, tum, tum, tum" - Tums

"What would you do for a Klondike bar?"

And you can't forget all the Oscar Meyer songs!

Those FreeCreditReport.com jingles
The Mentos the Freshmaker jingle
The Kit-Kat bar jingle

But those jingles were crafted to be catchy and get stuck in your head

But some aren't original and were never intended to be in a commercial but still get stuck in my head because of the commercial like Geico with "Somebody's Watching Me" and Swiffer with "Baby Come Back"

i was falling over myself trying to get here in time to mention the freeeee creditt report dot commmmmmm jingle..lol, but you beat me to it. and, yes..i shoulda made it clear that i am referring to songs specifically written for commercials, not hit songs turned into commercials. lol

"The best part of waking up is Folgers in your cup!" - Classic...

"tuuuum, tum, tum, tum" - Tums

"What would you do for a Klondike bar?"

And you can't forget all the Oscar Meyer songs!

indeed..lol..every last one of em a classic!

sometimes i feel that the corporations miss the boat, where they get a song that sounds great, and decide to scrap it. there was one for a school of broadcasting. the school is named CSB(columbia school of broadcasting). i guessi it's out here in cali, but the jingle, wordwise goes...'csb..get connected go csb..dot commm!!' lol..you gotta hear the music to appreciate it. if i can find it, i'll put it here.

yea those empire commercials are good i got one old 90s one memorized still with the bunny hop theme song and the guys in bunny suits are hopping singing

next day installation..samples at home..and you wont make your payments..til next year.
(well its funnier with the music

fillet o fish mc donalds commercial

::plastic fish singing on the wall::

give me back that fillet o fish.. give me that fish
give me back that fillet o fish.. give me that fish
what if it were you hanging up on this wall..
if it were you in that sandwich you wouldn't be laughing at all!

and yes i got the fillet o fish thanks to that commercial.

I remember "Plop plop fizz fizz. Oh what a relief it is", lol. But I've never bought anything advertised in a commercial, because it's a lot of stuff I don't have any use for. I don't know why people fall for advertising.

I remember "Plop plop fizz fizz. Oh what a relief it is", lol. But I've never bought anything advertised in a commercial, because it's a lot of stuff I don't have any use for. I don't know why people fall for advertising.

You've 'never bought anything advertised in a commercial'? You're on a computer, though. Microsoft, Apple, Dell etc all do commercials.

You've 'never bought anything advertised in a commercial'? You're on a computer, though. Microsoft, Apple, Dell etc all do commercials.
I didn't buy the computer, it's a used one my mom got from her job. The job bought new computers and gave the old ones away to employees. I've bought a Midnight Special DVD set off an informercial, if that counts. Other than that, no.

Back