This Is It vinyl

Dangerous 1991 HIStory

Proud Member
4 vinyls set will be released.
Why are there 4 vinyls? Will there be some new stuff on it, that is not on the CD's?

this is sooo annoying! They're rushing everything so much! I can't even think of it what will come more. 4 vinyls of the ''new'' demos? bs >.

Emm....price including shipping to my country for this 4lp set is:
Total €100.62 EUR $145.26
They are not serious.... and if i buy CD album from mj.com it cost me 75€ :S
Must be a mistake or something...

Last edited:
I really wanted to buy this and have it delivered to the UK BUT it was an extra £30 just for the shipping costs which took it to over £68!!! WHY can't it be on sale in the UK to save on postage charges???

Sony is really funny... CD 2 will be litteraly empty.

And now they will release 4 vinyls?
Here is my guess:
Disc 1 and 2: Greatests Hits
Disc 3: This is it
Disc 4: Demos

shame about the import duties we all have to pay, but i want them so badly

I hope they will be available in the shops around the world..so everyone will have a chance to get them for a normal price...

I've made up my mind I'm buying the Vinyls, I'm a sucker for Vinyls and I've never bought one in my entire life lol but the 2disc sony can keep it.

I was thinking of buying the vinyls but really, I will not be paying for it unles they are distributed here in EU as well...There's demos which I do want to hear and the poem...TII song is not really a complete song...its a demo...sounds like one at least. MJ had only done the piano and singing according to the news, the rest is added by the estate and really, you can hear it. The song starts MJ speaking...surely taken when he was much younger...then the song was more recent....

I was expecting a bit more than this. They should stop doing these songs if they can not do any better....At least it would be nice to have all the old producers and the people MJ worked with doing the songs....I feel the vinyl is not really worth all the taxes and customs charges...

So is the Vinyl set not available in shops/online (as in Amazon, HMV, etc)? I would definately buy it from one of those, but direct from MJ.com will clearly be much more expensive and they'll lump excessive P&P on top too.

I also wonder why they need 4 Vinyls when clearly 3 would have been enough, as the website makes it clear the tracklisting is the same as the CD.

So is the Vinyl set not available in shops/online (as in Amazon, HMV, etc)? I would definately buy it from one of those, but direct from MJ.com will clearly be much more expensive and they'll lump excessive P&P on top too.

I also wonder why they need 4 Vinyls when clearly 3 would have been enough, as the website makes it clear the tracklisting is the same as the CD.

I could not find it from Amazon...not yet anyways...do tell me if you can.

I couldn't find it on HMV this morning, but then I didn't even realise this was going to be released on vinyl until earlier today, so perhaps Amazon and HMV didn't either and Sony have only just announced it? Would explain why it's not released the same day as the CD.

At least it would be nice to have all the old producers and the people MJ worked with doing the songss...

i agree. where is Bruce and the other producers that mj worked with in the past.

I wonder whether Bruce was involved in this project
?

4 vinyls set will be released.
Why are there 4 vinyls? Will there be some new stuff on it, that is not on the CD's?
A record can't hold much music. A full 80 minute CD takes 2 records. A record can hold about 45-50 minutes without quality being lost. Any more information over the 45-50 minutes put on a record, the lower the sound quality is. This is one of the reasons "Leave Me Alone" is not on the vinyl or cassette. This is also why "Billie Jean" & "The Lady In My Life" were shortened and why old albums are short compared to today. If you notice, on the 2001 remasters, on "Off The Wall, Thriller, and Bad extra material was added, but on "Dangerous" (which filled up the entire CD), there's no extra stuff. On the Motown albums re-releases, they put 2 albums on 1 CD, plus 1 or 2 extra songs.

Last edited:
This is also why "Billie Jean" & "The Lady In My Life" were shortened

Are you saying these tracks were edited specifically for the vinyl releases (if so, this is news to me), or do you mean MJ and Quincy took the vinyl time limitations into consideration when recording Thriller and that is why these tracks are shorter than their demos?

Are you saying these tracks were edited specifically for the vinyl releases (if so, this is news to me), or do you mean MJ and Quincy took the vinyl time limitations into consideration when recording Thriller and that is why these tracks are shorter than their demos?

There were no CDs in 1982, the songs had to be shortened to fit into the playing time of a record, cassette, & 8-track, which were the only formats at the time. Well there were reel-to-reel tapes (which could hold more time than the other formats), but not many people bought those, just people with high end stereo systems. They could have used the unedited versions, but then "Thriller would have to be a 2 record set, which in general doesn't sell as much a single LP. The full version of "Billie Jean" was released as a maxi single.

There were no CDs in 1982, the songs had to be shortened to fit into the playing time of a record, cassette, & 8-track, which were the only formats at the time. Well there were reel-to-reel tapes, but not many people bought those, just people with high end stereo systems. The full version of "Billie Jean" was released as a maxi single.

Ah, I getcha, you're talking about the 'extended' version which appears on the 12" Mixes and, more recently, Visionary and the UK 3-disc KoP.

Disc one features the original album masters of some of Michael's biggest hits arranged in the same sequence as they appear in the film. The disc ends with two versions of the never-released "This Is It." This song is featured in the film's closing sequence and includes backing vocals by Michael's brothers, the Jacksons.

Disc two offers previously unreleased versions of some of the artist's classic tracks. This disc also features a touching spoken word poem from Michael Jackson entitled "Planet Earth" that has never been heard before.

I cant wait!!!!

Ah, I getcha, you're talking about the 'extended' version which appears on the 12" Mixes and, more recently, Visionary and the UK 3-disc KoP.

The uncut "Lady In My Life" wound up being on this Rod Temperton compilation. If you had a early version of the Thriller album, it had the lyrics for the longer versions of "Billie Jean" & "The Lady In My Life". So apparently the songs were cut at the last minute, and Quincy has said this many times. There was an extra verse from Vincent Price on "Thriller", but I don't know if was going to be used. It was put as an extra track on the 2001 version.

A record can't hold much music. A full 80 minute CD takes 2 records. A record can hold about 45-50 minutes without quality being lost. Any more information over the 45-50 minutes put on a record, the lower the sound quality is. This is one of the reasons "Leave Me Alone" is not on the vinyl or cassette. This is also why "Billie Jean" & "The Lady In My Life" were shortened and why old albums are short compared to today. If you notice, on the 2001 remasters, on "Off The Wall, Thriller, and Bad extra material was added, but on "Dangerous" (which filled up the entire CD), there's no extra stuff. On the Motown albums re-releases, they put 2 albums on 1 CD, plus 1 or 2 extra songs.

I know that. :)
But those songs could have easily been put on the 3 vinyls. :)

Back