This is it song? Why do fans worry what others think?

BabeBeMine

Proud Member
Iv'e never understood this. Some fans worry about what a DJ or a morning crew on a radio station thinks of a MJ song. Does this make a fan feel better about the song or something that a DJ likes it. If they think the song doesn't fit there radio format who cares. You got the CD and the song and you like it. That's all that matters.

Well, I think the fact is that we do care about what non-fans and other people think of the song, because we wish (well I talk for myself here) that most people will love it, just so they admit they love something Michael did.

Personnally, I would like people to love it, just to bring positiveness back about Michael.
So Yes, I care about what other people think.

I would like songs by him to bring respedt back to him., doesn't it make sense?
I think Michael also cared for others opinions, he wouldn't make an album saying, hey I just wrote songs but I don't care if people like it or not...

So if a popular radio station where you live thinks the song is bad that will affect your decision to like it?

I personaly don't care what people think of the song but I think that after years and years of bashing Michael deserves to get some positive reaction for something he's done from the public.

Personally i love this song and its the perfect song to play once the This is it movie is coming to a end. There won't be a dry eye in the house when this song is being played at the end of the movie and i think it was a great idea of Sony to use this. Think about it, the movie starts with MJ rehearsing, talking backstage, etc and full of life and ends with footage of his death. Would it make sense to end the movie with a dance track? Not Really

I personaly don't care what people think of the song but I think that after years and years of bashing Michael deserves to get some positive reaction for something he's done from the public.

I understand but the movie ends with footage of his funeral. So if im Sony id want the movie to end with a touching song that relates to the movie title. It wouldn't make sense to end the movie with funeral footage and you have this brand new up tempo dance track. Maybe they couldn't find unreleased songs that related to the movie.

Will i am, R Kelly, Ne-Yo. Rumored producers on his new album. I doubt the tracks he did with them related to his potential death that you would play at the end of his movie which ends with footage of his funeral.

I make my own mind up about things :) People will always try to discourage your positive thoughts well I say to hell with them, If I wanted their opinion I would ask for it, simple as that. I love Michael, because I saw the real him who he really is, I like the song, because his voice is truly beautiful :wub:, that's enough for me, that's all I need, haters and others who tend to dislike can buzz off, their not going to ruin this song for me, or ruin Michael for me. Love triumphs all!xx

I don't want others to like the song so I can have an opinion on the song.. come on here! This is a bit rude...
I want people to like the song for Michael.
I would like people to say it's a good song, that Michael is a great artist.. oh anyway.. you believe what you want and you understand it the way you want...

If someone either likes or dislikes Michael or his music it really would not affect my opinion - however, it would be great to hear radio stations etc give this the thumbs up - he's spent far too long receiving negative press from others.

The song might not be this blockbuster dance track that has you and non fans on the dance floor, but it's the perfect song to end on a documentary/Movie 1 and 2 day's before MJ's death. Maybe some radio stations are not getting it.

The radio stations where im from in LA California are getting it and if they weren't i could care less.

i think the OP raised a good question. i think the fans keep underestimating their mass numbers, and, in reality, they make up more the world than non fans. so, what MJ fans think really is what the majority of the planet thinks. so he is getting respect from the people that count. and is there anybody in history who didn't have their detractors? MJ's detractors are indeed, among the worst, and caused him great great pain.

but his fans' passion, more than makes up for it. and if anything, the negativity spurred on more love from fans.

i think the industry changed the way charts were organized, due to MJ's great success, so that the charts couldn't reflect it. so, in reality, the negativity is based on envy, which, in the end, gives MJ the ultimate victory. unless someone envies you, you must not be good at what you do.

and we're smart enough to know that the true number 1 chart position is based on sales, and not a programmer's hate-based negative opinion of Michael. MJ's the best selling artist of all time. that's the genuine chart position..and it exposed that the counterfeit chart positions were featuring 'number 1 songs' by other artists, that were never bought off the shelves.

your song ain't a hit until the consumer hits the store and buys it. MJ never had and never will have a problem in that area.

and, by the way, this gives a good life lesson. we can't get through life worrying what others think.

..on a side note, KIIS FM in los angeles did play the song. once the song is played, that's all that matters, cus we don't hear the 'quiet' reactions of listeners. but you can have the utmost confidence that those reactions are positive for Michael, cus that's how he got to be the best selling artist, in the first place.

Iv'e never understood this. Some fans worry about what a DJ or a morning crew on a radio station thinks of a MJ song. Does this make a fan feel better about the song or something that a DJ likes it. If they think the song doesn't fit there radio format who cares. You got the CD and the song and you like it. That's all that matters.

Sure, it would be wonderful if this "new" song would receive 110% admiration or positivity from all DJ's and whomever, but it really is not worth the negative energy for me to give it a second thought anymore. Let's be honest, Michael Jackson was and will remain a remarkable person on all levels; but he was not everyone's cup of tea regardless of his talent.

I really like the song, the sound/timeframe is my favorite of all of Michael's eras. And, we were informed that it was a song from years ago with some updating, so no surprise there. Some people will be disappointed, some with love it, and that goes for all sectors of the population r/t all of Michael's music. Unless it's a person brand new to Michael's musical legacy/talent/performances, I don't think one song is going to make someone love him more or less considering the music he has already given us, unless they've been living under a rock, or too young to have experienced any of it.

JMO, but respectful of others' opinions.

If someone either likes or dislikes Michael or his music it really would not affect my opinion - however, it would be great to hear radio stations etc give this the thumbs up - he's spent far too long receiving negative press from others.

I think it depends on if you are in to shorterm or longevity. Shorterm, your popular local DJ might be like this is the BOMB. Longevity the song might relate more to mature audiences and ppl who have gone through difficult times but the DJ might be like this is ok. MJ can make a song where i can't understand the entire lyrics but if the vocals are TIGHT and it's a slow touching jam, im crying in a split second.

Now if you want a song similair to Justin Timberake, Chris Brown, Usher then maye they should have released a track that related towards that audience.

Funeral at the the end of the This is it Movie.....That wouldn't make sense but that would be your choice. Dance track with MJ and footage of his death

I think it depends on if you are in to shorterm or longevity. Shorterm, your popular local DJ might be like this is the BOMB. Longevity the song might relate more to mature audiences and be a long lasting song for years and ppl who have gone through difficult times. MJ can make a song where i can't understand the entire lyrics, but if the vocals are TIGHT and it's a slow touching jam, im crying in a split second.

Now if you want a song similair to Justin Timberake, Chris Brown, Usher then maye they should have released a track that related towards the young radio audience.

Personally i thing this is the perfect song to end the movie

If you only care about the opinion of a DJ and a popular radio station then why argue about the longevity of his music. When all you care about is the temporay of a DJ and that station.

MJ could make songs that last for 3 weeks if you want. Do want that?

I can care less what a DJ or the media have to say about MJ Period! If I had I wouldn't be a fan because they know nothing! I remember when You rock My World was played for the first time and instead of the DJ saying anything positive about the song he instead after the song played insulted MJ on his looks by saying "I wonder if he gotten whiter!"

Or another DJ on Billboard mag saying that MJ should have took out Break of dawn song from invincible because he liked it better! So it's really whatever with this people! It's only their opinion they DON'T care about the public or the artist!

I personally LOVE the song!!! I just pre-ordered the This Is It CD at amazon.com on sale for $9.99

I don't care about what anyone has to say about Michael's new song or any other song, but I do care about what Michael wanted to bring out with the music, which is a positive message around the world. And that can only happen through the mass- media, radio-stations, DJs etc. because they control the masses. I'm talking about marketing here and making some publicity on the new material. If you don't have the means, your voice could not be heard around the world.

I can careless I loved the song Michael sounds way better than that lady who every the hell that person is. cause he/she sounds corny

I don't let others' opinions influence me on whether I like the song or not (I love TII). It just would be lovely that there's a generally positive attitude toward Michael! I became a Michael fan in 1999 when I was 8 or 9 years old. I bought Invincible I think in 2001 or so? I was a bit young to remember the reception of the album or anything like that. Ever since I've been a fan - even though I wasn't as committed as you all are (I am as into Michael now than anyone IMO!) - I never heard a good thing about Michael, whether to do with his music or not. Just this once I would really love to hear a generally positive reception toward Michael. Not that it influences my opinion on him because I love him so much, always have. It would just really help the general perception toward him if this single is successful.

i know this has been covered elsewhere - but can we actually buy TII single in any format?

I don't let others' opinions influence me on whether I like the song or not (I love TII). It just would be lovely that there's a generally positive attitude toward Michael! I became a Michael fan in 1999 when I was 8 or 9 years old. I bought Invincible I think in 2001 or so? I was a bit young to remember the reception of the album or anything like that. Ever since I've been a fan - even though I wasn't as committed as you all are (I am as into Michael now than anyone IMO!) - I never heard a good thing about Michael, whether to do with his music or not. Just this once I would really love to hear a generally positive reception toward Michael. Not that it influences my opinion on him because I love him so much, always have. It would just really help the general perception toward him if this single is successful.

You voiced exactly my thoughts. :yes:

I don't want DJs or the public bashing a song just because they think ill of Michael. Yes, people like or dislike a song regardless if they are a fan of the artist or not. I am aware that you can't force people to like a person.
In the last years there was nothing positive in the news about Michael, whether is was about his private life or his music. I just want people to be open minded. It makes a big difference to record sales when a song is played often on the radio or not. I just want Michael to get the respect he deserves.

I can understand if your a teenager and still in to top 9 at 9 countdowns and worrying if Mj was 1# but as a adult who cares.

^^ teens are the future and they are influenced by what famous people/ people they admire say. so how mj is portrayed does matter.

as soon as i heard it, i knew it was recorded in the dangerous era...but some of his vocal choices (when he ends a verse) he sounds like the victory era. i like the song, and i think its awesome that this song will be used at the end of the movie, especially when they show his funeral..ya, there wont be a dry eye for sure. ugh i cant believe he is no longer here in the flesh..but i still feel him around and in music forever

i think its funny when mj uses his "message" songs such as "unbreakable" and "this is it" and somehow puts a girl involved in the song as if its really about the girl lol. we all know that unbreakable was about his personal life and "this is it" has more message to it then a girl. mj always made me laugh in a positive way, his ways are so cute... i love u mj!

btw, i do care what others think to a certain extent, especially when dj's know about music and the goodness of it, and then they think mj's "new" music is no good...ahh it gets to me. however, even though all of mj's music is timeless, this song was obviously not done. for instance, billie jean is an AWESOME song, but if you heard it in the making, you wouldnt like it as much. so with that said, it doesnt bother me much if that dj didnt like it. im sure if mj was still in the flesh he would have remade it etc. mj has his way around music folks ;) ahhh he is just so tight!

Back