100 Worst Album Covers - HIStory - #7

I'm also not to crazy about the album cover either. However, I don't think it should have been number 7 on the list when there is plenty of others before Michael on that list who have far worst covers than his. HIStory isn't that bad of a cover compared to #85, now number 85 should have been number 7 instead. LMAO. Thanks for posting.

Its not terrible it stands out for me in his discography

I could care less about a list created by some random person to be honest.

Well I cannot really take this listing serious at all - some of the covers on there aren't bad at all. This listing is all about bashing the artists on the cd's not about the cover at all. this is a list just to make a list. poor Prince is on there several times and even hits the nr 1 spot.

what I think about the history cover? well it ain't good and it ain't bad...

Yeah I just read the little quote on there beside the album cover on the web page. tisk tisk tisk!

I've always liked the cover because to me it shows Michael is strong and there and no one can bring him down,but maybe that's just me?

I really don't see anything wrong with the album cover. I happen to like it especially since I have a poster of it up on the one wall in my MJ shrine (room). And I also have a cloth poster of it as well. But for it to be at number 7 is really crazy since I have seen far more worst album covers on that list.

I think the History cover shows mike in a powerful, concrete state. He's saying he wont be brung down and hes the king.

I like the History album cover, so I don't think it should be on any "worst album covers" list. The album cover for Michael on the other hand - well, I'm not a fan of that one.

The cover is ok, it fits the promotion very well.

Statues placed all over the world. The HIStory promo video with the huge MJ statue etc.

I think it's a fine cover. - WAY better than Invincible.

Michael has some 'BAD' album covers (groan) but I don't think HIStory's terrible! I'm not overly fond of 'Michael', 'Invincible' or 'Blood on the Dance Floor', but I'm not sure any of them are awful enough to be rated 'worst' :p

The best MJ covers are Dangerous and Michael.

I love it. The cover makes sense in context with the album--the title was HIStory, and the cover reflected the concept beautifully. Think about it--most statues, etc. are made in honour of/dedication to historical figures. The promotion for the album was absolutely genius as well, with the statues placed everywhere, and the masterful tour.

Looking at it as an artistic concept, the cover of the album was brilliant, and it was symbolic of the political/historical nature of some of the songs, which is why that album stands out in the entire MJ discography.

I love it. The cover makes sense in context with the album--the title was HIStory, and the cover reflected the concept beautifully. Think about it--most statues, etc. are made in honour of/dedication to historical figures. The promotion for the album was absolutely genius as well, with the statues placed everywhere, and the masterful tour.

Looking at it as an artistic concept, the cover of the album was brilliant, and it was symbolic of the political/historical nature of some of the songs, which is why that album stands out in the entire MJ discography.

Agreed.

I like the History cover. I more like the Dangerous cover, but History is not bad at all. I don't care much about this list. The History cover shows Michael as the powerful person he was. So I think it's absolutely perfect.

They are wrong ,Michael's covers are masterpiece themselves ,even before we listen to the contains ,and the one who put him
N°7 is really missing something ,he/she is stupid to put Michael's art with others!
The world of today has no feeling what's the art is ,tomorrow we will see "Dangerous cover" in top 10 of something ,may God bless Michael with those criminals that they want to make him worst.

The HIStory album cover fit the concept of the album and the promotion perfectly, its not the best cover, but it doesn't deserve to be on that list, every one of those albums on that chart are worse than HIStory.

Oh look, Jermaine made the list!! #64 :lol:

106100.jpg

Prince deserved his place on that chart, most of his album covers are hideous!

I find that this cover is the worst of all the covers of Michael's albums. I like the statue of Diana, but not at all the final rendering with the bad lighting, the background, etc...

The worst of all albums seems to me to be too severe though. I personally consider that we can always do worse. But honestly the cover I don't find it beautiful at all.

Back