13 Mar08: MJ news and mentioning

Rasta Pasta

Proud Member
images

MJ News in review for
13 Mar 08

Jackson Lawyer: Neverland Ranch Saved
By NEKESA MUMBI MOODY – 1 hour ago
Michael Jackson has refinanced Neverland ranch in time to save his famed California spread from a public auction that was scheduled for later this month.

Jackson attorney L. Londell McMillan told The Associated Press on Thursday that the pop star has worked out a "confidential" agreement with Fortress Investment Group, LLC. The deal allows him to retain ownership of the famed property in Los Olivos, Calif.
"Neverland and MJ are fine," McMillan said.

An auction date had been set for March 19 because of $24.5 million the singer owed on the 2,500-acre spread northwest of Santa Barbara.
A source close to the singer who requested anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter said it's not clear whether Jackson will keep Neverland. Jackson has not lived there since his acquittal on child molestation charges in 2005.
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hZNgbrgnco68wdSY5q0bFdgp2MYgD8VCL7G00

Michael Jackson's family seek Devon hideaway

By Martina Smit

Last Updated: 12:34pm GMT 13/03/2008

The family of Michael Jackson, the pop star, may move to Devon to escape the media spotlight.

The singer's older brother Tito, a judge in the BBC One duet contest Just The Two Of Us, has spent the weekend house hunting in the town of Barnstaple in the West Country.
wjackson113.jpg
Michael Jackson (left), who shot to fame as part of The Jackson 5 (centre), likes Devon
as 'no-one bothers him', says his brother Tito (right)"We hope it will be a family hideaway where my brothers and sisters can escape the media attention when we need to," the actor told he told the North Devon Gazette newspaper.
Jackson, 54, added that the move would make sense because of his television work in Britain. "Michael likes North Devon, too, as no one bothers him."
He confirmed that the pop star, along with their brother Jermaine and other Jackson siblings, have privately visited Devon in recent years.

"My family love the wonderful countryside and friendly people."
A few years ago Michael Jackson headlined a fundraising event at the Exeter City Football Club, to the amazement of thousands of fans of the Devon club.
Before the pop star achieved fame in his own right, the clan shot to fame as The Jackson 5 in the 1970s with hits such as ABC and I Want You Back.

Tito Jackson's friend Matt Fiddes, a celebrity bodyguard who lives in the area, said the actor put in offers on two properties.

"Tito has been staying with me in north Devon, and he and his family love the area. He likes it because it is so laid back after the hassle of California."
Mr Fiddes, who has known the Jacksons for about 11 years since being introduced by spoon bender Uri Geller, said his friend came to north Devon with the "mission" of finding a "getaway" home.

"It's definitely going to happen," Mr Fiddes said.

"Tito spoke with Michael on the phone the other night and all the family are certain that this is the area where they want to find a UK family hideaway."
He added: "The family is very close, so I do not see why we should not see them in north Devon in the future."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/03/13/wjackson113.xml

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>THERE ARE 77 articles on this move to Devon

[SIZE=-1]Jackson 'looking at hideaway in UK' [SIZE=-1]The Press Association[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Jackson family buys Devon retreat [SIZE=-1]Digital Spy[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Jackson beats it to Devon [SIZE=-1]Metro[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]MTV.uk - Contactmusic.com[/SIZE]

Mentionings..........

[SIZE=-2]Hollywood.com
Janet Jackson Hit with Flu; Cancels “SNL” Appearance
[SIZE=-1]Hollywood Today Newsmagazine, CA - 14 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Jackson, who is the sister of “King of Pop” Michael Jackson, began her recording career in earnest in 1982 with the release of her self-titled debut album. ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Mariah Carey Replaces Janet Jackson on “SNL” [SIZE=-1]eFluxMedia[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Jackson's Flu Too Nasty for SNL [SIZE=-1]Dose.ca[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]*****************************[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-2]CNN-IBN[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]I became the Michael Jackson of Australia: Bhajji[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]CNN-IBN, India - 3 hours ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Suddenly, I became the Michael Jackson of Australia. Wherever I looked in the papers, it was Harbhajan Singh, whether it was the first page, ...[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Thriller 25
YOU are the Star of Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” Video

By GreasyGuide on Mar 11, 2008 in Greasy News

3 close up photos of yourself is all it takes to be the new star of Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” video. Think of Elf Yourself but with scary monsters and you get this latest online tool which is sure to be a huge hit. Check out the video below to see it in action. Then visit www.MichaelJackson.com/mythrillervideo to create your own video.
Powered by ScribeFire.

CLICK THE LINK TO SEE THE VIDEO
http://greasyguide.com/2008/03/11/you-are-the-star-of-michael-jacksons-thriller-video/

Last edited:
Is Discipline under Sony/ATV? Didn't see it listed when I clicked on the link.

thanks for all the updates.. I all ready will wait for 2marrows.. :)

yes Janet is with Def Jam but some of the writers on her album are under Sony/ATV.. so depending on the % agreement they have with Sony/ATV.. Sony/Michael Jackson will be making some change $$$ off that album
The album ain't selling much so there ain't much change to get. It only sold 67 in UK last week apparently.^_^

The album ain't selling much so there ain't much change to get. It only sold 67 in UK last week apparently.^_^

well, there is always Alicia Keys album as well as the soundtrack for Juno.. and Hannah Montana...to take up the slack

last 2 albums did not sell very well.. That sucks but I hope somehow she gets the idea that she's changing her sound too much and get back to what she does best..

I personally think it's her thinking that Dupree is so talented that she trusts him musically.. Well with her music, he just does not pull it off..

Where is Terry Lewis when u need em' :unsure:

Good news folks. I've just been watching PYT on Youtube. I was reading the comments under the video, guess what~!!! Nearly every comments I read said that they watched the American dance crew and which led them to search for the songs. Well, it is no surprise that the albums went right back up the charts. They are loving the song to bits and praising to crew for dancing so well to ot. I recon much more albums will be sold for dancing purposes.

Last edited:
http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

YOUR WEAKEND TOP 10 PREVIEW: Three records on next week’s chart will be in six figures, and all are debuts (no surprise there). Def Jam/IDJ rapper Rick Ross has the inside track for #1 on a projected 175-180k, followed closely by Sony BMG’s Now 27 with 165-170k. Geffen’s Snoop Dogg is a lock for #3, trending toward 120-125k, after which it gets iffy. Jack Johnson (Brushfire/Universal Republic) and Alan Jackson (Arista Nashville) are both looking 50-55k-ish, followed by the 45-50k trio of debuting Fat Joe (Virgin), Michael Jackson’s Thriller (Sony/Legacy) and Sara Bareilles (Epic). The rest of the Top 10, projecting 35-40k, will likely consist of Janet Jackson (Def Jam/IDJ), Now: The ’80s (SBMG) and Erykah Badu (Universal Motown). (3/14a)

YOUR WEAKEND TOP 10 PREVIEW: Three records on next week’s chart will be in six figures, and all are debuts (no surprise there). Def Jam/IDJ rapper Rick Ross has the inside track for #1 on a projected 175-180k, followed closely by Sony BMG’s Now 27 with 165-170k. Geffen’s Snoop Dogg is a lock for #3, trending toward 120-125k, after which it gets iffy. Jack Johnson (Brushfire/Universal Republic) and Alan Jackson (Arista Nashville) are both looking 50-55k-ish, followed by the 45-50k trio of debuting Fat Joe (Virgin), Michael Jackson’s Thriller (Sony/Legacy) and Sara Bareilles (Epic). The rest of the Top 10, projecting 35-40k, will likely consist of Janet Jackson (Def Jam/IDJ), Now: The ’80s (SBMG) and Erykah Badu (Universal Motown). (3/14a)
Hold up. Are they saying that MJ's Thriller is slated to chart higher than Janets' Descipline next week? That would be embarassing for Janet, wouldn't it, esp since MJ has been there for 5 weeks>^_^

It's not Michael's fault that Thriller 25 will rank higher than Janet's "Discipline". It's her fault for not releasing a worthy album. I mean "Discipline" is much better than "20Y.O", "Damita Jo" and probably "All For You" but it's clear that everyone wants the Janet of "Rhythm Nation", "Control", "Janet" back...

Last edited:
Thanks for all the news!
We appreciate all your work that goes towards collecting and sharing it with us all.

ps - I think the new Janet album is Brilliant, definately a return the the older style of Janet, not like the last two much at all.

It's not Michael's fault that Thriller 25 will rank higher than Janet's "Discipline". It's her fault for not releasing a worthy album. I mean "Discipline" is much better than "20Y.O", "Damita Jo" and probably "All For You" but it's clear that everyone wants the Janet of "Rhythm Nation", "Control", "Janet" back...

All for you is a fantastic album!!

Not only Michael's own album .. but Sony/ATV is repping 70% of the top 10 albums... loving it!

You aint nevah lied! I want the old Janet back!

And do yall see what is happening with T25? It is actually selling more records than the previous weeks. I am now beginning to believe that Micahel might even take this thing to platinum status. Forget gold!

Here we go again. :lol: Come on, Michael! :punk:

Thanks to all for the updates.

Thanks for the news.

It looks like T25 is still on the charts! AMAZING!!!!

Back