29 August 2008 ~HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL JACKSON!!!~

My Dearest Michael,

The best way to tell you what i feel for you,is by quoting yourself when you say:

"you are not alone,
i am here with you,
though you far away,
i am here to stay",

"You are not alone,
i am here with you,
though we're far apart,
you are always in my heart"...

From the botton of my heart,i wish you all the happiness,Peace and joy in the world.
You deserve it.
Thank you for being who you are and giving me the chance to meet you and to love you.

All my love always,
Yours,
Maria

Even Michael Jackson Grows Up…Doesn't He?

Today 9:05 AM PDT by Joal Ryan

When he was 15, Michael Jackson wondered in song if he'd grow up to walk on the moon. In a way, he did.
Now 50, Jackson is an unrivaled icon—a 13-time Grammy winner with more than 750 million records sold, and a score of moves as instantly recognizable as his songs.
Jackson, the former Jackson 5 prodigy who seemed beyond growing up, much less growing old, told Good Morning America he planned to mark his middle-aged milestone today with a "little cake with my children," adding, "We'll probably watch cartoons."
When asked whether he now had an AARP card—a rite of passage for those soldering on to the golden years—Jackson laughed, "Not that I know of!"
Jackson said he's writing music "all the time," but his music, while still played, still sampled and still covered, has been the sidelight to the carnival of Jackson's life for almost a generation now.
Since being acquitted of child-molestation charges in 2005, Jackson and his three children have flitted about the globe, with stops in the Middle East, Europe and Las Vegas. His music career has stalled—his last new collection, Invincible, was released in 2001; he has not toured, à la his 50-year-old contemporaries Madonna and Prince. And at 25 itself, his signature album, Thriller, is years older than current champions such as Chris Brown.
Still, to GMA, Jackson, now 40 years into his recording career, insisted he was looking ahead, not behind: "I am still looking forward to doing a lot of great things."
As in that song sung when he was a child, Jackson doesn't sound as if cares if he ever really grows up.
"I feel very wise and sage," Jackson told GMA. "But at the same time very young."

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b26579_even_michael_jackson_grows_up8230doesnt.html

You know Mike, as it got closer and closer to this day I wondered what I would say to you.. Would I write you a lengthy comment sharing everything that you mean to me or what.. But here is the day and I am lost for words. Just know that I love you, and I am glad to be around on this mildstone day..

God bless you and Happy Birthday..

Man if I were celibrating it with you.............. FOOD FIGHT! FOR SURE.. And YES I'de get you first.. ha ha!!

To the One and only true King of Pop. I've been watching you perform since I was five, I can remember clearly being on our family living room watching your short films and wanting to dance but all I could do was stand there mesmerized and letting the master do the work. I am proud to be your fan and I as well as you truest fans we'll be with you until the end. Lots of Love!

Happy 5-0 to you Mike you have manage to break records, barriers and still today your music reaches both the younger fans and continue to inspire the older crowd. Mike you are a true living legend. Love you and wish you all the best on your day. God bless.

Happy birthday to the MAN on his special day.

Man, I cannot believe it, MJ is 50 years old. Just awesome. My local radio stations did a special music mix of the MJ/Jacksons/Jackson 5 hits. IT WAS EFFING AWESOME!!! Man, they went back and they played so many damn songs, I was just in awe!! I was loving every minute of it. It reminded me AGAIN that there is only one Michael effing Jackson. This dude, he is just awesome and it is ashame that so many of his haters still wanna hate on this man. It is truly their lost. Anyway, the radio station played "Off the Wall", "Show Me the Way to Go", Dancing Machine", "Liberian Girl", "I Can't Let Her Get Away", "Smooth Criminal", "Butterflies" etc. etc. etc. It went on and on. I was just too damn happy. The radio djs even talked about when MJ came to Philadelphia for the Victory Tour. They thought it was at Veteran's Stadium (which has been demolished) but it was actually the JRK Stadium (that is also demonlished as well), Then, at the end, one of the radio djs wished MJ a happy birthday. I also found out that a local newspaper known as the Philadelphia Tribune did a piece on Michael and the newspaper is not sold in my neighborhood. Damn!! But anyway, Happy B-day once again to Michael! BTW, let me state that when they were playing the songs, I could not believed that MJ had so many damn hits. It was truly something else. It really was. It made my day.

Last edited:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL!!!!!

I think its good for him if he's comming out on MTV awards. Not as a performer but as a presenter. Because, The ppl. cant handel his power of being the best. he should just go slow and let the people get used to hm (a legend, the best of all). If he doesnt go, well, thats his choice, he knows whats best for himself so Michael, Do what your heart tells you!

Brooks & Dunn, writer react to song being played after Obama HISTORICAL speech

Sony/ATV (Michael Jackson) Songwriters

The first song played after Sen. Barack Obama's historic speech on Thursday at the Democratic National Convention in Denver was Brooks & Dunn's "Only in America," which provided the backdrop as Obama was joined onstage by his family and his running mate, Sen. Joe Biden and his family...

"Seems ironic that the same song Bush used at The Republican Convention last election would be used by the Obama and the Democrats now," said the duo's Kix Brooks in a statement. "Very flattering to know our song crossed parties and potentially inspires all Americans"...

Lyrics -

"Sun coming up over New York City/ School bus driver in a traffic jam/ Starin' at the faces in her rear view mirror/ Looking at the promise of the Promised Land/ One kid dreams of fame and fortune/ One kid helps pay the rent/ One could end up going to prison/ One just might be president.

The chorus is, "Only in America, dreaming in red, white and blue/ Only in America, where we dream as big as we want to/ We all get a chance, everybody gets to dance/Only in America."

Said Cook of the line, "One just might be president,": "That line was playing when his family walked out. Wasn't that great?"

Cook had set his Tivo to record the speech--not because he thought "Only in America" would be played, but because he knew he would love Obama's speech and would want to see it again. He had no idea the song would be used until he heard it along with everyone else.

"I knew the second the intro started playing that's what it was," he said. "I had an inkling of a thought that might happen though, because there was a 'Newsweek' article with a picture of Obama that said, 'Only in America.' In fact, somebody gave it to me in a frame and I have it in my office at (Sony ATV) Tree. "

$$$

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080829/TUNEIN/80829023/1005/ENTERTAINMENT

Aug 29, 2:24 PM EDT

Michael Jackson at 50: `The best is yet to come'

NEW YORK (AP) -- Michael Jackson marked a personal milestone Friday: his 50th birthday.

The 13-time Grammy winner, who has sold more than 750 million albums, told ABC News' "Good Morning America" that he's "looking forward to doing a lot of great things. ... I think the best is yet to come in my true humble opinion."

Jackson talked to ABC by phone Thursday.

"People see some of the things I do and they say, `Why don't you show this to the world? People don't know you do these things.' And maybe I will," he said.

Jackson said recording the blockbuster albums "Thriller" and "Off the Wall" were the happiest times of his life.

"That meant very much to me and seemed to be received so beautifully by the public and the world. You know, I enjoyed it very much," he said.

As for his birthday plans, "I'll just have a little cake with my children and we'll probably watch some cartoons," he said.

Jackson, a twice-divorced father of three, said he aims to provide a normal life for his children.

"I am letting them enjoy their childhood as much as possible. ... I let them go to the arcade and go to the movies and do things. I think that comes naturally. I want them to get to do things I didn't get to do," he said.

"I get pretty emotional when I see them having a wonderful time," he said.

Jackson was asked if he had received a membership card from AARP, which focuses on the needs and concerns of those 50 and older.

"Not that I know of!" he said, laughing.

---

ABC is owned by The Walt Disney Co.

---

On the Net:

http://abcnews.go.com/

*I LOVE IT THIS...

"Michael Jackson at 50: `The best is yet to come'

WOWWWWWWWW!!!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...KSON?SITE=NVLAS&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Last edited:
Back