5th December, 2007 Michael Jackson News and Mentionings

I can't upload them for some reason. But if you go to www.michaeljacksonart.com and register, you can find a section on that site that features a bunch of Michael's drawings. They're really quite good, imo. He's super talented. I even have a picture I drew featured on that site.

Michael's so famous, he's as famous now as he was in 1984, and he always will be. He's as relivent today as he was back then and he always will be. He changed the standards, he IS the standard, and everyone knows it. I was thinking today about Michael's music, the songs he wrote, and I again realized, what makes it so special is, it doesn't sound like anything else. No matter what decade it was written in or in which time it was performed, it never mimicked or emulated the sound of the day, it never fell in to the pattern of the popular sound of the day, it always had its own, unique feel and atmosphere. Maybe he used snyths, maybe he used whatever instruments were popular at the time, but the way he organized and placed the cords, the rhythm, the melody, the percussion and vocal sections, the ideas he had for lyrical content, just what he composed and the over all direction, made it sound utterly unlike anything before or since, gave it emotive quality totally different from other music of the era. Talk about ahead of your time. You can't really catogorize it, its not pop, its not funk, its not blues, its not jazz, its not rock, you can't put it in a box, its just Michael's sound, its what he created and continues to create. It just doesn't sound like anything else I've ever heard, that's the mark of a great composition and if you're able to achieve that, then you're a musical genius, and practically everything Michael's ever written has achieved that.

I've thought before about what style he is. To me I would classify him as Funk/Fusion.

Very true about the atmosphere he creates.... Billie Jean is the greatest example, and also the best song ever :D

Back