A Film Release Of Michael Jacksons Bad Tour 1988/89! PETITION | All help needed!

It was planned for release in 1997 but Mj himself shelved it because he wasnt satisfied.

Guys, if this rediculous petition can get 50k signatures, so can ours.

Yeah, I know about the earlier planned release, but if the Estate worked on a 3D version of it later on, then they planned to release it. If Shields viewed Munich in 3D in 2014, then it was worked on beforehand or during that year. Maybe the Xscape album shifted attention away from this project

Also, what's up with Kylie Jenner?

Yeah, I know about the earlier planned release, but if the Estate worked on a 3D version of it later on, then they planned to release it. If Shields viewed Munich in 3D in 2014, then it was worked on beforehand or during that year. Maybe the Xscape album shifted attention away from this project

Yeah I think the whole 3D hype is dead. Branca was asked about any future concert releases a couple years ago I think and his response was "the german one". I dont see any reason to make or release it in 3D imo. If it does get a release it shouldn't be munich or in 3D.

When I seen that I thought I would share here because if 50K people can sign a petition to remove Kylies cameo in a music video we can succeed with ours too lol.

I'm back and almost 6,000 signatures? Cool!

Isn't a Munich release solely a rumor? I mean come on, it's a HIStory Tour concert. Besides, it does not make sense for them to release the concert, even in 3D, even after Michael himself did not support a release of the show during his time.

Off-Topic, Don't Read: On KJ, people have come to the consensus that she simply does not belong in the music video because of, you know, that good ol' Caucasian pigment. I don't know why it's that big of a matter, but let's just say that she has a pretty famous history of "cultural appropriation." She also does not carry a strong presence in the music industry. If that wasn't enough, her and Kendall's brand Kendall + Kylie have been accused of not paying their factory workers in Bangladesh.

In conclusion, she just sucks. But I mean she is related to the Kardashians, so what do you expect?

Yeah I think the whole 3D hype is dead. Branca was asked about any future concert releases a couple years ago I think and his response was "the german one". I dont see any reason to make or release it in 3D imo. If it does get a release it shouldn't be munich or in 3D.

When I seen that I thought I would share here because if 50K people can sign a petition to remove Kylies cameo in a music video we can succeed with ours too lol.
Yeah, while it sounds cool, I do not need to watch Munich in 3D to be bedazzled. At that point, it is a movie instead of a concert. Yeah x2, if that many people can sign a petition for a somewhat ludicrous aim, we can receive more signatures on ours

Isn't a Munich release solely a rumor? I mean come on, it's a HIStory Tour concert. Besides, it does not make sense for them to release the concert, even in 3D, even after Michael himself did not support a release of the show during his time.
It was a rumor until Branca himself has acknowledged the show a few times, and yeah, Michael did not see a need to release it, yet the Estate sees so. Foolish thought process lol

Off-Topic, Don't Read: On KJ, people have come to the consensus that she simply does not belong in the music video because of, you know, that good ol' Caucasian pigment. I don't know why it's that big of a matter, but let's just say that she has a pretty famous history of "cultural appropriation." She also does not carry a strong presence in the music industry. If that wasn't enough, her and Kendall's brand Kendall + Kylie have been accused of not paying their factory workers in Bangladesh.

In conclusion, she just sucks. But I mean she is related to the Kardashians, so what do you expect?
Yikes, I would not want to be her

could it be that bots signing the petition? look at the ones who signed last... the names iPhoneX, iPhone 1st Generation etc...

Would you guys prefer US or Europe concert? I would be fine with both but would be great to see Minneapolis if the full concert was shot on film.

Galactus123;4300488 said:
Would you guys prefer US or Europe concert? I would be fine with both but would be great to see Minneapolis if the full concert was shot on film.

I personally would prefer to see a US concert because I don’t think we’ve really ever seen a Bad Tour concert from there, especially in that first leg.

Snek;4300490 said:
I personally would prefer to see a US concert because I don’t think we’ve really ever seen a Bad Tour concert from there, especially in that first leg.

Don’t know if these shows were fully recorded on film. Would be awesome though.

Snek;4300490 said:

The most complete shows we have from US leg are Kansas and Houston. We know that APOM and MITM at least exist on film from Minneapolis. As of what we know right now, it seems like only 1 or 2 UK shows exist in full. If the online team says they know about Warren then they must know about the film he worked on. All I know is this release needs to happen and if we keep pushing it will be worth it. :)

could it be that bots signing the petition? look at the ones who signed last... the names iPhoneX, iPhone 1st Generation etc...

Yeah this is odd. Not a good look for the petition but the overall numbers are great!!

As a max level bot whose weakness is CAPTCHAs, I can confirm this. *sad bot noises*

An American concert would be great since the London show is already released.

The Estate aren't going to make a business decision based on a few thousand potentially dodgy signatures on an online petition. For things like this to have any potential influence they need hundreds of thousands or millions of signatures.

The Estate aren't going to make a business decision based on a few thousand potentially dodgy signatures on an online petition. For things like this to have any potential influence they need hundreds of thousands or millions of signatures.
They could at least discern the hint of the fans' wishes, even if they choose to disregard it and not follow it. Oh, and yeah, this petition indeed needs more attention and signatures for it to actually make a change (haha song references). Keep spreading and signing everyone!

They could at least discern the hint of the fans' wishes, even if they choose to disregard it and not follow it. Oh, and yeah, this petition indeed needs more attention and signatures for it to actually make a change (haha song references). Keep spreading and signing everyone!

Yeah I think Estate might start thinking about it if they see a petition with 10 000 signatures.

Wembley 88s petition is what started it all before.

MJ taught us to keep the faith!

I'm not familar with change.org.
What name does appear when you uncheck the box to not show your name?
Does it say something like "'Anonymous' signed the petition"? Or maybe then they simply use the device someone signed with as a name.

Didnt the estate release bad wembley concert already though with the bad25 release

I think this should be mentioned here too. Warren Eagles had edited VHS copy of the concert at some point:
https://twitter.com/warreneagles/status/1292981451969814528

"My first grading experience was working on Michael Jackson's BAD tour. The concert film was shot on 35 and 16mm film but never released."

"No, It was all finished. I had a VHS copy for years, wish I still had it"

Estate should have the original film or at least VHS version of it.

Galactus123;4300753 said:
I think this should be mentioned here too. Warren Eagles had edited VHS copy of the concert at some point:
https://twitter.com/warreneagles/status/1292981451969814528

Estate should have the original film or at least VHS version of it.

Lots of shoulda woulda coulda happening for this campaign.

The reality of the situation is that we’ve got no idea what still exists. Yes at one point in time the film reels existed. But do they still exist? Are they in MJE possession? Are they in releasable condition?

dam2040;4300769 said:
Lots of shoulda woulda coulda happening for this campaign.

The reality of the situation is that we’ve got no idea what still exists. Yes at one point in time the film reels existed. But do they still exist? Are they in MJE possession? Are they in releasable condition?
All valid questions. We just dont know. In 2012 they were still cataloging everything. 8 years later they should know about the vaults.

Like you Said, the old wembley petition is what got july 16 released. The estate knew we wanted an unedited wembley show and thats what we got for the most part.

We have been digging up clues and sources on what was filmed and passed it on to the online team. They should know what we want especially with the growing signatures. :)

Here is another reply from Warren stating Michael was there quality controlling his work..

https://twitter.com/warreneagles/status/1292981685177315328?s=19

"Mr Jackson sat through every session QCing all my work:)"

I wish he still had the VHS tape also. I do believe Michael would have stored the film and tour documentary efficiently enough, time does allow degrading of such items though. One can not be sure right now though of course.

I shared the petition on few forums. I hope many sign it. Everyone should share this on other forums they visit if they have Michael Jackson thread.

Robbsaber01;4301193 said:
Does Taj know about this?

I’ve asked him via Twitter a couple of weeks ago when HappyLee finished the trailer to support our project, but he didn’t respond.

IMWhizzle;4301196 said:
I’ve asked him via Twitter a couple of weeks ago when HappyLee finished the trailer to support our project, but he didn’t respond.
By Tweet or by DM?

Back