A NEW MJ Hologram Is Arriving!

It's "Don't" not Dont. Is your apostrophe broken? Fix it!

Apply cold water to burned area.... Damn, you're savage.

Just found this on YouTube.
I have no idea what the description of the video or the title of the video says other then hologram, but I'm sure it's just a fanmade 3D rendering of MJ, and from what I can see of it it looks like it may be better then what was at the Billboard awards. :rofl:

I sincerely hope it's not fanmade or something, because this looks promising. I really like it.

^ Its hard to say since it's not a straight shot of his face and you can visually tell it's a digital person.. it's a good mold for sure though!

The body looks wrong. Like its legs are too short or something. It should have a dancer's body like Michael.

Just found this on YouTube.
I have no idea what the description of the video or the title of the video says other then hologram, but I'm sure it's just a fanmade 3D rendering of MJ, and from what I can see of it it looks like it may be better then what was at the Billboard awards. :rofl:
Head is the only part that is CGI or something. The body is just someone wearing the Black or White clothes.

So, hypothetically speaking.
If that vid I posted is a leak of the new hologram how do y'all feel about it?

It has the same problems as the STTR hologram - an impersonator's body with a CGI MJ face. As soon as that stationary impersonator starts dancing the illusion will be ruined.

It has the same problems as the STTR hologram - an impersonator's body with a CGI MJ face. As soon as that stationary impersonator starts dancing the illusion will be ruined.
True!
I hope whatever new hologram they debut isn't a hot mess like the STTR one though.
They just can't do that to us again. :/

I think instead of Holograms it would be more beneficial and believable if the technology was used for film.. That way movements with MJ's face would be more believable.. on stage an impersonator would be forced to dance and no film cuts/angle changes etc. to make things more believable. No one would 100% pull off MJ in believability on stage.. They'd have better luck for a music video with minimal dancing etc.. just great facial CGI

If they have to use an impersonator at all then just forget it.

That is absolutely not acceptable. Not again.

It would be emotional af if for the debut of the new hologram they had it perform WYBT and at the end have an angel hug the MJ hologram as it dissolved into golden sparkles.
All of this is only if they can get the hologram to look like him and not something out of the uncanny valley tho.

It would be emotional af if for the debut of the new hologram they had it perform WYBT and at the end have an angel hug the MJ hologram as it dissolved into golden sparkles.
All of this is only if they can get the hologram to look like him and not something out of the uncanny valley tho.

Uncanny valley is easiest avoided by making it obvious the hologram is NOT MJ.
The Billboard hologram did not suffer from this issue because it blatantly obvious to any fan that the 'hologram' on stage (actually it was a projection NOT a hologram at all) was an impersonator.
The more the hologram resembles MJ the more uncanny it will be. We are many, many years away from defeating the uncanny valley issue through accuracy and fooling the observer into thinking they're seeing a real person. As good as current technology is they can't currently recreate one important aspect. That thing you can 'see' in somebody's eyes. CGI eyes are incredibly detailed and vivid but there is always something missing. That thing you can't quite put your finger on. I think it's best described as the person's soul.

Uncanny valley is easiest avoided by making it obvious the hologram is NOT MJ.
The Billboard hologram did not suffer from this issue because it blatantly obvious to any fan that the 'hologram' on stage (actually it was a projection NOT a hologram at all) was an impersonator.
The more the hologram resembles MJ the more uncanny it will be. We are many, many years away from defeating the uncanny valley issue through accuracy and fooling the observer into thinking they're seeing a real person. As good as current technology is they can't currently recreate one important aspect. That thing you can 'see' in somebody's eyes. CGI eyes are incredibly detailed and vivid but there is always something missing. That thing you can't quite put your finger on. I think it's best described as the person's soul.

Yeah, it's actually peppers ghost (a very old technique that uses reflection), but for the sake of the thread I say hologram (hologram is also easier to type then peppers ghost).:)
I agree with you about the human soul thing too.:yes:

^ Pink - I'm not used to your new signature pic. I keep when scrolling seeing it and think you're someone else... I like it though!

A hologram would be only be perfect if every performance was like Remember the Time at the Soul Train Awards.

Problem solved. :shifty:

A hologram would be only be perfect if every performance was like Remember the Time at the Soul Train Awards.

Problem solved. :shifty:

True.
No dancing means no chance for messing up and having the hologram look like it's playing QWOP.
giphy.gif

It would be really cool for them to somehow adapt the actual Remember The Time short film to a hologram performance projected onto a glass screen tho.
The whole dance sequence would be perfect for such a thing IMO the only set back would be the fact that as seamless as it looks that the choreo wasn't really done in one take.:lol:

Last edited:
Michael didn't know how to not dance lol! he dance in that seat and even still stood up for about 3 seconds..

Back