A NEW MJ Hologram Is Arriving!

I was in Hollywood the other day and saw that a hologram theatre is opening with a Billy Holiday show.. Who knows, maybe they will work on various artists and have them displayed there
Interesting that the Billie hologram is still in the works bc I haven't heard anything since last year. I wonder if the theatre is being designed specifically for holograms.

^ Well I did not see the inside but the outside is being worked on currently and it does look like it's going to be a stationary showcase.. As in a new attraction to Hollywood!

I am going to go out on a limb and guess that they would have featuring artist per season depending on when/what hologram finish

If holograms are a matter of time I do wish Michael’s to be really ground breaking. I’d love to see MJ being a leader here! He would love it, IMO.

Allusio;4169276 said:
If holograms are a matter of time I do wish Michael’s to be really ground breaking. I’d love to see MJ being a leader here! He would love it, IMO.

Agreed.
A lot of people shooting down the idea don't know what it would mean for MJ and his legacy.
If done correctly this could boost his sales, boost his streaming, and give many people a chance to somewhat have the experience of seeing the greatest entertainer to ever grace a stage live.
But it has to be done RIGHT.
I don't want a repeat of the Billboard awards.
That was a hot mess AT BEST.

If I try to walk THROUGH Michael and I bump into a projector sheet, it's NOT a hologram lol...

The 'hologram' technology as we've seen it has been around for decades.. in theatre they have used it for a very long time. Using a thin sheet to project while actors/dancers interact with the visual on the screen making it look somewhat 3d... yes new age lighting has made things look better but, same stuff that's been around...

The technology for MJ is more so developing an interactive 3D face that actually look like him.. Does not seem like much has been improved outside of that except lighting etc... (to my knowledge)

One thing that would help is having that screen on a moveable track.. (forward an backwards) that way they would be able to have him move closer and further back on the stage without the limitation of zooming etc.

Pink Diamond Princess;4169342 said:
Agreed.
A lot of people shooting down the idea don't know what it would mean for MJ and his legacy.
If done correctly this could boost his sales, boost his streaming, and give many people a chance to somewhat have the experience of seeing the greatest entertainer to ever grace a stage live.
But it has to be done RIGHT.
I don't want a repeat of the Billboard awards.
That was a hot mess AT BEST.

Yes, that was not perfect but IMO that was something to start with and I’m sure a lot of people did their best! It was not like they had technology to do it better but didn’t. I’m glad they tried to be innovative. They took a risk and that was right, IMO!

If they really do it - and I am sure they will - let's just hope they do it right this time.

Just imagine if they finally got it right
cb944a6f95ee552f5fd80a10e0d62316.jpg

I'm all for this......while far from perfect, I enjoyed the Billboard music awards hologram. It gave kind of a feel that the music and performances are still very much "alive", at least that is what I got from it. As technology ever improves, we will likely see some very innovative and amazing things down the line. I'm in the camp with those that feel these kind of productions are a great thing for future generations to experience what we always could see on broadcasts and VHS/DVD/Blu-ray, but now taking it to a whole new level for those that never got to see him live in person!!

I mean could they not at the very least take a single (front facing camera shot) from a performance and utilize that?

Now knowing that there's not really much of a chance of archived music being released, yet having Branca still say that there's some exciting projects to expect in 2017 I wonder if the new MJ hologram is one of those things.

I don't really think the technology is good enough.
But if they do it, I hope they use live music from his previous tours and not album versions edited to sound live.

Only songs he never performed live could be edited to sound live. - But not really sure if that would work.

Just found this on YouTube.
I have no idea what the description of the video or the title of the video says other then hologram, but I'm sure it's just a fanmade 3D rendering of MJ, and from what I can see of it it looks like it may be better then what was at the Billboard awards. :rofl:

Last edited:
Just found this on YouTube.
I have no idea what the description of the video or the title of the video says other then hologram, but I'm sure it's just a fanmade 3D rendering of MJ, and from what I can see of it it looks like it may be better then what was at the Billboard awards.

Is your "a" broken? You're always writing 'then' instead of 'than'. Not just in this post but probably in every other post, too.
Very confusing to read for non-native-English speakers.
Sorry for the nitpicking but it's so damn confusing when you have to read the same sentence several times.

Is your "a" broken? You're always writing 'then' instead of 'than'. Not just in this post but probably in every other post, too.
Very confusing to read for non-native-English speakers.
Sorry for the nitpicking but it's so damn confusing when you have to read the same sentence several times.

I understand that your a non-native English speaker, but when I'm on MJJC I'm not sitting there grammar policing myself or anyone else, nor do I want anyone else to grammar police me.
MJJC is an internet forum where I come to chill and talk about MJ, so if I do type then instead of than I really don't care.
I mean really, "Is my "a" broken?"
That was so damn rude.
Instead of saying that rather sarcastic and passive aggressive remark you could've just said something much more kind and respectful but no you just had to ask me if my "a" is broken. :/

Last edited:
I understand that your a non-native English speaker, but when I'm on MJJC I'm not sitting there grammar policing myself or anyone else, nor do I want anyone else to grammar police me.
MJJC is an internet forum where I come to chill and talk about MJ, so if I do type then instead of than I really don't care.
I mean really, "Is my "a" broken?"
That was so damn rude.
Instead of saying that rather sarcastic and passive aggressive remark you could've just said something much more kind and respectful but no you just had to ask me if my "a" is broken. :/

Is your "a" broken? Fix it!

Digital tuff guy lol!! behind a computer... no need to try to bully.. bullying behind a computer is so weak..

I hope there is never another hologram ever. To think we have had one already and still not a high quality concert release. Save the embarrassment and scrap the idea all together. Talk of not releasing unrelease music anymore and give us another hologram?I will certainly be checking out if that the case. I already have all the stuff MJ released while alive, I will survive.

^ you're going to be so sad cuz they're coming and once the technology gets right.. it will be overdone

Does anyone have even half an idea what the words in the title of that video and in the video's description says?

The title: "Michael Jackson isn't dead. Hologram 2017"

The description: "They say that this will be the new Michael Jackson hologram that will premiere in 2017... Along with his return. I'm not confirming anything. I'm just passing along the information."

Back