A NEW MJ Hologram Is Arriving!

mkgenie has proven their credibility before, I'm sure.

This is worrying news.

I completely understand why some fans are not in favour of having a hologram perform Michael Jackson songs (because it simply isn't Michael) and I also understand why some fans do want to see the hologram (it might be the only chance or first chance to see a ''Michael-like person'' perform his songs in a way Michael Jackson performed it or close to how he would have performed it)
Anyway, personally I'd like to see the hologram because I've never seen Michael myself, and even though it doesn't perfectly resemble Michael, you still get close to the real Michael Jackson experience, in my opinion, although it would absolutely lack his spirit and soul, which is something that can never be brought back by anyone.

This is exciting news! Please keep us posted on further developments.

Dan;4148243 said:
On May 5, an announcement came from Executive Chairman of Pulse Evolution Corporation at the Canadian Music Week that the company is working on a new virtual Michael Jackson which is looking much more realistic than their version from the 2014 Billboard Music Awards!

john-textor-259x300.png

Canadian Music Week welcomed keynote speaker John Textor, Executive Chairman of Pulse Evolution Corporation (PLFX), pioneer and leading developer of hyper-realistic digital humans for holographic live performances, virtual reality, augmented reality and artificial intelligence, as part of this year’s Digital Media Summit on Thursday, May 5. Widely credited as the pioneer of the new industry of Holographic Entertainment, he is responsible for the 2012 appearance of Virtual Tupac Shakur at the Coachella Valley Music Festival and the 2014 performance of Virtual Michael Jackson at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards, the latter generating more than 35 million YouTube views and 98 billion Internet impressions worldwide. In 2015, PLFX’s new hologram music industry secured ‘pop culture status’ as Textor and his partner Frank Patterson were parodied in the ‘Hologram episodes’ of the globally successful animated sitcom, South Park.

Currently, Textor is active in the development of entertainment properties across a broad spectrum of venues and technology platforms. In addition to his leadership in the extended uses of photo-realistic, digital humans, he is also currently a Producer of Art Story, an original animated feature film currently being developed by Disney veteran filmmaker Aaron Blaise, as well as Producer and Executive Producer of Ender’s Game, a science fiction fantasy film released in November 2013.

The 30 minutes talk happened at the Digital Media Summit in Toronto, Ontario, at 2:30 p.m. on May 5, 2016.The Digital Media Summit is Canada’s premier social media and interactive marketing conference. It is presented in conjunction with Canadian Music Week in Toronto and features thought leaders in the digital and social media space. Textor featured in a keynote interview entitled “Master of Surreality.” The interviewer was Ted Cohen, managing partner of TAG Strategic and a former Sony Music executive.
In March, 2016, Pulse Evolution announced a landmark partnership with Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment. Pulse and Fuller — the British impresario who created the American Idol franchise and has worked with the Spice Girls, Amy Winehouse, Annie Lennox, and David and Victoria Beckham — aim to combine the highest quality visual imagery, including hyper-realistic digital humans, with the most advanced and rapidly evolving display technologies to create immersive content for stage, virtual reality, augmented reality and artificial intelligence.
Earlier this year, Pulse Evolution received investments from China’s Original Force Computer Animation Co. Ltd. and Shanghai U9 Game Co. Ltd., both of which are portfolio investments of Tencent Holding Limited, a $200 billion global conglomerate.

13140521_10153846368934213_1883054966_n.jpg

Source: Sean Guedes

A world tour is a dreadful idea. He has passed, whoring his image out and getting people to pay to see an impersonator as if he's "come to back to life" is no worse than the Michael album fiasco.

A world tour is a dreadful idea. He has passed, whoring his image out and getting people to pay to see an impersonator as if he's "come to back to life" is no worse than the Michael album fiasco.

They COULD completely digitally render him, but I just think it's too soon after the other hologram f*** up to do something as big as a world tour.

I heard from industry insider there's a World Tour coming. I will let you know if I have more details.
I don't doubt you, but we also heard that there were world tours, Apollo shows with Whitney Houston, Billie Holiday and Jackie Wilson about to happen last year. Their families were all supposedly on board.
But nada.

The only reason I'd like a tour is to make it easier for me to see it.. aside from that I don't think it's the best idea, it should be in a theater designed specifically to make the hologram look as authentic as possible.. Which means specific stage sizing, seat angling, best lighting as possible.. Usually 3D work works best in its specified room that was built for it.. Or 3D picture designed specifically for the room it will be displayed in..

When you tour, every theatre or arena is different..

The only reason I'd like a tour is to make it easier for me to see it.. aside from that I don't think it's the best idea, it should be in a theater designed specifically to make the hologram look as authentic as possible.. Which means specific stage sizing, seat angling, best lighting as possible.. Usually 3D work works best in its specified room that was built for it.. Or 3D picture designed specifically for the room it will be displayed in..

It's also my opinion on it.

Like how the theatre for Captain EO was designed specifically for that movie.
Maybe they need to develop the technology for a traveling 3D stage design.

A World Tour? Now, that is something that turns my stomach as it leaves quite a BAD taste simply cause it looks like its just 'cashing in' on the Copyright name. :ph34r:

I know, it would be nice for the ones who never saw MJ Live but you have to admit it sounds a little 'off' to go see a Hologram LIVE. What would the Billboard say then... "MJ is back" :blink: Nah, I would definitely see the CGI Hologram in cinema. They could do that worldwide too like "This is it" but a world tour is a BIG :puke: for me.

I know, it would be nice for the ones who never saw MJ Live but you have to admit it sounds a little 'off' to go see a Hologram LIVE. What would the Billboard say then... "MJ is back" :blink: Nah, I would definitely see the CGI Hologram in cinema. They could do that worldwide too like "This is it" but a world tour is a BIG :puke: for me.

At that point you might as well just watch an actual concert.

At that point you might as well just watch an actual concert.

I know LOL. It's confusing, isn't it? :eek:

I am 'excited' about the Hologram though. I love technology and I was really 'wowed' when I saw that latest one. It definitely looks awesome but still I'm a bit 'sceptical' :pirate: when it comes to making $$$ on MJ behalf. I think its more about 'principals' here.

TBH, one of my main worries about the hologram is that they'll have it do duets with other holograms, or current artists.
That would be cringeworthy.

I'm not at all here for MJ performing with Elvis, or Justin Timberlake LOL.

Last edited:
I know LOL. It's confusing, isn't it? :eek:

I am 'excited' about the Hologram though. I love technology and I was really 'wowed' when I saw that latest one. It definitely looks awesome but still I'm a bit 'sceptical' :pirate: when it comes to making $$$ on MJ behalf. I think its more about 'principals' here.

That's a good way to look at it :)

Not gonna happen lol

We were supposed to be getting dangerous 25 and u think this hologram will happen ..ha!

^ Yeah I do believe the hologram will happen.. people are more driven to push technology than re release.. not just MJ but I promise you more holograms will come! Has very little to do with pleasing the fans and more to do with coming up with "impressive" technology

It will happen, because my source is a promoter. but of course not this year.

It will happen, because my source is a promoter. but of course not this year.

Thanks for the info MKGenie.
I remember all the accurate information you have provided all these years and there is no doubt there is truth in what you are saying. It is of course possible that the MJ Estate will change their mind and that this won't happen, BUT for now they ARE planning to do this.

I'm not excited about this though....

If there were a good way to produce an MJ 'Hologram' I'm sure they would have done it by now but we had STTR featuring an impersonator and then the Cirque 'hologram' featuring an impersonator. I don't think a new one will be any better, partly because of the limitations of the source material. Unless they can get hold of the motion capture data used to create the Ghosts skeleton they have to work from film and there would be VERY few (if any) film clips that feature a complete performance where the camera captures the whole of MJ's body. Unfortunately MJ did not plan for a hologram to be made and didn't capture performances in the right way to make it possible. Even if they had the skeleton data, that is only one performance! Also, don't forget the video and audio quality of MJ's best performances is not good enough to create a presentation that meets current audience expectations. In the 90s I read that the HIStory tour was recorded in HD but HIStory era MJ will not sell tickets like Victory/Thriller, BAD or Dangerous. Whatever happens, the 'hologram' will heavily rely on CGI and impersonator(s), I'm sure of it.

I was in Hollywood the other day and saw that a hologram theatre is opening with a Billy Holiday show.. Who knows, maybe they will work on various artists and have them displayed there

Dear mkgenie, THANK YOU for handing us your information!

You always have been reliable in the past, so there's no reason question you.

Especially since it's so quiet on the news front regarding future projects/releases.

Do you have info on any other official/estate/sony projects for 2016/2017?

I would definitely want to see the MJ hologram, since it in a way still captures a glimpse of what an actual performance would or might have been like, although it still would be very different. Nonetheless, it will still be the closest we can get to Michael now. Especially for fans and non-fans who wanted to see MJ live but who never got the chance to, now get the chance to experience a Michael-like performance.

Back