A NEW MJ Hologram Is Arriving!

Honestly, it doesn't matter how it looks - it's obviously going to dance not like Michael, but like an impersonator they will do motion capture from. If they are going to sell this as an MJ hologram, that's just deception. I feel sorry for young fans who will spend money on this sham.
Yes. If you want to see someone else doing MJ moves, buy a ticket for the nearest fan party - it will be a lot cheaper. Many fans have a problem with impersonators (I personally don't), but at least they bill themselves as what they are - impersonators. If this hologram idea were to happen, it will say 'MJ' on the ticket. They're not going to mention that you're going to see Earnest Valentino with CGI layered on top of his face - we already saw this in the way the STTR hologram was marketed. Furthermore, it will be shown in much bigger arenas or at much bigger events than a fan party or a Las Vegas show where a few people attend for a beer and a laugh. A disturbing thought...

Imagine that.. his songs finished up by others, performed by an impersonator made into a hologram.. That's reducing his art to a gimmick, it has nothing to do with Michael anymore.
This is exactly what happened with Slave To The Rhythm. The only thing missing were the vocals being performed by a vocal impersonator, but they already got that base covered with the Cascio tracks.

Honestly, I think people need to accept that Michael is dead. He gave us so much during his lifetime, why can't we celebrate that? This idea of pretending that he is still alive by showing projections of an impersonator doing new dance routines, and focusing on releasing 'new' songs with modern (non-MJ) production rather than outtakes as he left them, is just ridiculous. Neither are ever going to be anything like the real thing. It is also insulting and damaging to Michael's image, firstly because it communicates that Michael is basically replaceable: his music can be replaced by the work of other producers, his dancing by a projected impersonator, and they even tried to replace his vocals. And secondly, because Michael never got the chance to sign off on some impersonator performing a remixed version of an old demo he worked on as 'Michael Jackson'.

It is one thing to release a bunch of outtakes and say 'okay, Michael did not want these released, but now that he is no longer here, we feel it needs to be shared with the world as they provide a great insight into what he was working on' and then present material as he left it. It's a totally different thing to go 'listen to the NEW MJ song/Michael Jackson returns at the Billboard Awards', etc and then present work he basically had almost nothing to do with.

There is still so much to learn about the work Michael did himself. Why are we wasting our times with diluted crap?

As I've stated before please don't do this hologram stuff. It is disrespectful to Mj the Slave performance was terrible. I felt embarrassed watching it. Mj was the greatest ever, leave it at that. If you want to see Mj live release a full HD concert not some gimmick.

I don't think this 'hologram' would be getting nearly as much crap by fans if they would just not advertise it as such.. 'hologram' if they called it a fan experience and along with impersonator they are trying to bring MJ to stage as realistic as they can.. It would be more welcoming, we all know it's not MJ's movements so if we went in as if we are going to watch 'Legends in Concerts 2.0' type deal,(impersonator show) than we'd just be like. "That's interesting, wish I could see how it turns out"

There's no point in any of it if they just use an impersonator to mimic his movement.

There was a reason Michael was considered by many as one of the greatest dancers who ever lived. You can't get that by just going up to any old Joe in the street and asking him to copy it. The resulting 'performance' is just embarrassing. If they can overcome that one hurdle, I'll probably not object as this kind of thing just seems inevitable now. To me, Michael's movement is more important than getting his facial features right which is funny because at the Billboards they clearly spent time on getting the face like Michael's and just used an impersonator for the dance.

They could use footage like this if they have the full concert from this angle:

That STTR hologram didn't look like 3D so they could use videos like this with real Michael.

^ God that would be awesome.. I wonder if they have from facing only footage from This Is It.. that would be cool to use that way

1. it would feel more LIVE being how he looked most recently
2. Would stem from footage we have never seen

^ God that would be awesome.. I wonder if they have from facing only footage from This Is It.. that would be cool to use that way

It's better than using an impersonator, but it's a rehearsal ultimately.

I'm one of the few who didn't mind the Billboard hologram (except for the face). I liked the fact that he did different choreography and wore a different outfit also designed by Bush.
It just needed a lot of work. I just think these should be used sparingly as a special effect and NOT advertised as seeing the "real thing."

I also think the hologram should always look like Michael in his prime-between Bad and early Dangerous. Just like he used Elizabeth Taylor in her "Cat" prime for his 'Leave me alone' vid.

Edit to add: I think the new choreography helps stop comparisons to the REAL Michael. Nobody can dance like him, because it's so natural even if it is choreographed. Many talented and trained dancers can do Gene Kelly routines, but nobody can dance like the real Gene Kelly. So I think they should stick with totally different routines that are just reminiscent of Michael.

Last edited:
^ we differ there.. matter of opinion, while I get why you'd want to see him in his 'prime' to me.. I'd want to watch and basically try to amerce myself into it as if I'm watching him in that moment.. For me it would be visually easier History and on... But I get it!

They could use footage like this if they have the full concert from this angle:

That STTR hologram didn't look like 3D so they could use videos like this with real Michael.

The footage wouldn't look clear enough, and the frame rate isn't fast enough to create the super lifelike illusion.

If anything, they could maybe use it as a source to motion capture the movements I suppose. But then, who knows if theres enough footage from this angle of enough full songs.

They just need to find a better impersonator for the motion capture dancing. Whoever they got for STTR was no good

^ I get ur point but on the other end.. it would look much believable than what we've seen from MJ holograms thus far...

Fans can even animate moves on Miku Miku dance with anime characters dancing

Note how comprehensive this one is (it even has Ghosts, You Rock My World and Billie Jean live moves as well):

Yep bring on the bad era :yes:

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

They just need to find a better impersonator for the motion capture dancing. Whoever they got for STTR was no good

No impersonator could ever be good enough. Just look at the guy with the werewolf mask on the History tour. He's an amazing dancer and he's doing all the moves right, yet you can tell right away it's not Michael because Michael had such a unique way to move, it's not even about getting the moves right. The only way the illusion could work for me is if they use real Michael Jackson moves, not an impersonator's moves.

The STTR one had me all kinds of nervous but the minute that curtain lifted.. my lord.. I was laughing so hard. All that hype! I felt so sorry for the Estate. Keep this one in some lab and away from public viewing and all will be good.

Some ways they may be able to get MJ's dancing right.

And I'm sure that whatever program they use to animate the holograms are much more advanced then the ones in those videos....

This whole concept would only be interesting if they'd be able to turn footage of the real Michael into a hologram, but I guess that's far from what it'll be.
---------------------

Totally agree. I totally dont understand the point of holograms excisting in this format if they arent/dont use footage of the actual real person.its a wasted and pointless exercise otherwise imo.as anyone can go see an impersonator show. Why would you want to see an impersonator on a big screen. Might aswell get a live band and put concert footage on a big screen and recreate it that way

They need to fix the left side of his face. If u cover it up with ur thumb on the left its perfect but cover the right side up & it looks like that 2014 hologram

I think that if it's done right that some of the people naysaying right now might change their minds. :)

The Billboard tragedy (because it was truly a tragic mess) has left such a bad taste in people's mouths about the hologram that many people now hate the idea in general.
I guess first impressions really did matter in this case. :)

They need to fix the left side of his face.
If u cover it up with ur thumb on the left its perfect but cover the right side
up & it looks like that 2014 hologram
You're right. I could see that something wasn't right before I tried your move, but couldn't pinpoint it.
Wow!

I didn't like the idea nor the result of the hologram in 2014 and I don't like it now.

I'll judge it when I see it.

BUT I am very sceptical... I'll give it the benefit of the doubt though. Maybe they can somehow transfer MJ's live concert and musicvideo moves into a hologram. That might work - BUT if it's an impersonator, no way... That could never work.

But as long as I/we do not know how they will make it it's too early to make judgement. - I was not too impressed with the 2014 STTR hologram performance. It could maybe be a good PR thing though... - So maybe when a new all new album is released they will use this as a promotional tool.

In order for ppls to go and see this it has to have Michael moves no impersonator if you are going to have a hologram that look like Michael then they need to have it move like Michael if that does not happen them like the post above mention it is a waste of time.

This whole concept would only be interesting if they'd be able to turn footage of the real Michael into a hologram, but I guess that's far from what it'll be.
---------------------

Totally agree. I totally dont understand the point of holograms excisting in this format if they arent/dont use footage of the actual real person.its a wasted and pointless exercise otherwise imo.as anyone can go see an impersonator show. Why would you want to see an impersonator on a big screen. Might aswell get a live band and put concert footage on a big screen and recreate it that way

I agree too with your post 100% what the use.

They need to fix the left side of his face. If u cover it up with ur thumb on the left its perfect but cover the right side up & it looks like that 2014 hologram

I see what you mean the right side the eyebrow to me is up more the left side is perfect.

13140521_10153846368934213_1883054966_n.jpg

Back