A place with no name has just been leaked in full!

To me it's rather like he wants to stay in this perfect place that is described in the song, who wouldn't, but then he takes out his wallet with pictures of his family and his girl and gets reminded of them and no matter how tempting this perfect place is he needs to go back to his loved ones.

Yeah, that is definitely another way to look at it. If that's the case then the vibe i'm getting is that the narrator is in a kind of delirium (or coma, like another user posted before me) and that he has a choice to either wake up to his "family and girl" or be in this "place with no name"

Such a brilliant masterpiece! Can't wait for the new album!

What a great song!! His voice is amazing in it. Love the lyrics too. Looking forward to getting this on an upcoming release!

It's okay but not A grade MJ material by any stretch. There have been much better unreleased tracks than this, Behind The Mask, Hollywood Tonight, Al Capone, Much Too Soon, Another Day, Abortion Papers.... all better than this song.

Don't shoot me, just my opinion. Still, it's always good to hear something new.

I agree. It's a nice song but it's nothing that makes me go ''This is amazing!'' like a lot of MJ's other unreleased material. For me personally nothing as topped Do You Know Where Your Children Are when it comes to unreleased material.

Last edited:
Sometimes I wish MJ songs wouldn't leak, even though I've been waiting over 4 years for it...still great song. I really didn't expect the melody to be THAT similar to the original lol. Michael's vocals are awesome! :D

^ I think it's up to par with Blue Gangsta and Slave To The Rhythm. Notice how energetic MJ is in these songs, the way he changes each line he sings (especially in BG and APWNN)

^ I think it's up to par with Blue Gangsta and Slave To The Rhythm. Notice how energetic MJ is in these songs, the way he changes each line he sings (especially in BG and APWNN)

I'm really impressed with his vocals in this song. I put on my best headphones and he sounds amazing to me. Some of the gutteral sounds he makes in that (especially towards the end) are so intense.:blush:

This song is amazing.ACtually I don't know if the song itself but MIchael's vocals are unbelievable!!!!Nobody can sing like him, it's maybe a cliché but it's also so true.His technique is really unique.

OMG! I have died and gone to heaven! Bliss.

Pisces, thanks for alerting me to this.

I'm really impressed with his vocals in this song. I put on my best headphones and he sounds amazing to me. Some of the gutteral sounds he makes in that (especially towards the end) are so intense.:blush:

That third verse onwards, vocally speaking, sounds like it was recorded at a different time to the others. Very Invincible-sounding. Much prefer the first two verses.

That third verse onwards, vocally speaking, sounds like it was recorded at a different time to the others. Very Invincible-sounding. Much prefer the first two verses.

I agree. I think the first two verses are outstanding! I need to listen to it again. You really think it was recorded in two different time periods?

I love it so much. I love the rough vocals, I like the swing of it....that's the only way I can think to describe it. I love the way it flows. Unlike anything he's done before. Brilliant.

^ It's exactly why I didn't want Qbee to delete my thread, because I know so many people miss out.

He sounds beautiful as always! I love this. I've been waiting for this to leak forever.

When I hear MJ sing it's as though suddenly the clouds have parted in the sky and the sun has come out. I feel like a big ray of sunshine appears whenever I hear him. A bit sappy I know lol but I'm always so happy to hear his voice especially when it comes to unreleased music. He really brightens my day.

Thank you Michael!

I must have this on my ipod!

ITA. Esp in Blue Gangsta, Imma go out on a limb and say that Blue Gangsta features one of Michael's best vocal deliveries!

I think this song is a lot better than Al Capone, Much Too Soon, Another Day and certainly Abortion Papers. The remarkable thing is, for a song like this, he sings with the same energy as in Al Capone, and Abortion Papers as far as demo's go. I've finally got the chance to download it and I can't stop listening to it. His delivery is just so amazing through and through. From the ad-libs "A-Yeahhh Yeahhhhh" I love it all. The wait was well worth it.

when I listen his voice on songs like that, i know i would be a fan for ever, since 1983 my dream continue!!!

ITA. Esp in Blue Gangsta, Imma go out on a limb and say that Blue Gangsta features one of Michael's best vocal deliveries!

It really does. He always layered his harmonies so beautifully and "Blue Gangsta" is a great example of this. One of my his best vocal performances ever.

I'm really digging the grittiness of his vocals, especially at the beginning of the track. To me it's got that Bad/Dangerous era feel to it, but with a 2000 and beyond sound to it.

I really think this could do well on radio if it was made into a single. I also think this would make the perfect song to open up the new album. You got the classic sound from the original track from America to start with, then in comes MJ's flavor full blast. Brilliant.

IMO, Abortion Papers is just ONE OF THE BEST and it certainly fits the category of the ALL TIME BEST songs MJ ever composed. It just needs a little refining but it is already good enough in its demo form.

My dad is so impressed with A Place With No Name as he is already familiar with the original 1972 version. He kept asking me to replay it yesterday when it leaked. I WAS JUMPING IN JOY THE FIRST TIME I PLAYED IT IN OUR MEGA BASS SPEAKERS. :)

1474579_579182805483450_511121301_n.jpg

"A Place with No Name" ~ "This song is like an escape from everyday life, it is a song where one is literally transported" Producer and co-writer of the song Dr Freeze talks about recording the song with Michael. The song is scheduled to be included on a new album of Michael's songs in the new year.

Q: You were playing in the studio or you went to Neverland?

Dr F: Yes, I went to Neverland, to relax and work. We worked a lot there. He had a studio at the farm. So he was working there and sometimes he would say: "Come, let's stop Freeze, go have some fun, go to the screening room, check out an attraction or you will walk in the zoo!" Neverland was a bit like a second home to me.

Q: I did not know you worked at Neverland! It's interesting because we do not have many details about the studio Neverland. It was a professional studio?

Dr F: Yeah, totally, had many professional equipment, Pro Tools, stuff like, you know

Q: Does he work alone

Dr F: Sure, Michael was unbeatable when we were working in the studio.

Q: Actually we know that he really could not play an instrument, so I always wondered if he was able to record anything on his own without the help of studio engineer or producer .

Dr F: He could do it all himself. You know, Michael was truly a "living instrument". He could play a few chords on the keyboard, it was going very well. He also knew programmed beats.

Q: Was the idea. "A Place With No Name" itself a kind of escape, a song where you just close your eyes to find yourself immediately in a wonderful world.

Dr F: Actually, this song was inspired by "A Horse With No Name" by America group. The lyrics of this song are very deep. I wanted to update it, make a version of the 2000s.

Q: You have obtained the rights to the band quickly? Did you ask permission?

Dr F: Ah yes, the American group loved the idea. They found this "update" absolutely fantastic. They were really excited about this project. Compared to what was leaked on the internet, many wonderful items were added to the song by Michael. It is more dense, very dense. Believe me, when you hear it! ..

Q: So you did not [change] it, it will appear as you had finished with him?

Dr F: The song will be released as the latest version in which we worked. It will be drastically different from the leaked (July 2009) and higher. Actually, this song is very cinematic in its form. It would have been a perfect song for a movie like Avatar, because it shows us a wonderful, weird world where people are different, but happy. This song is like an escape from everyday life, it is a song where one is literally transported"

Edited from full interview.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....122158921185843.20499.116222408446161&type=1

But Michael is always amazing..... :girl_sigh:

As much as I feel happy listening to the new song, it's beautiful indeed, I wish John McClain and producers involved cared more not letting the songs to be leaked. When Michael was here, those were rare and now every year a song or two are leaked. What are we gonna have for new albums if people are releasing the tracks unofficially?

Well let's be fair here. While Michael was alive, 25+ songs leaked. I believe there was a day in July 2002 when four or five songs leaked at once. It's not necessarily their fault that songs are leaking. It happens to every artist regardless of who is handling the operation. Not to mention that the one and only snippet of APWNN leaked in July 2009 and then went cold for FOUR AND A HALF YEARS before suddenly dropping out of the blue yesterday.

I really love how he sings "It really looked like a lot of fun!" in verse 3 !!

Vocally this is so raw and so full of energy and simply just GREAT !!

Have now heard the song like a hundred times - I know the lyrics by heart - and I really really love this song!!!

New MJ music still exites me very much! - This song is like an early christmas present!! :)

This is an amazing song! But wait, does this leak mean that this song can;t be on the new album anymore? Or is Dr. Freeze just going to make a new version for the upcoming album like he said before with "Blue Gangster"?

This is an amazing song! But wait, does this leak mean that this song can;t be on the new album anymore? Or is Dr. Freeze just going to make a new version for the upcoming album like he said before with "Blue Gangster"?

This is an old version I believe - so a new version does already exist - and it will be the new version on the new album. (As I understand it. - but still no official statements - all just speculation etc.)

Re: A Place With No Name - Has just been leaked in full!

Oh yeah that was what i was wonderin, if this version was an early version of this song.

Re: A Place With No Name - Has just been leaked in full!

Oh yeah that was what i was wonderin, if this version was an early version of this song.

This is the 1998 version I believe right??

So it is not the latest - most recent - version. - Noone can know if the vocals are the same and only the instruments are different. - Hope it will be released on the new album in a finalized amazing version!! :)

I will go hear some MJ music - MJ Takes me to A Place With No Name!! :)

Back