A place with no name has just been leaked in full!

Pentum

Dark Lady H2O
A Place With No Name - Has just been leaked in full!

This is so amazing, guys, I am really shaking writing this

Edit:

My take:

?
?A Place With No Name - Lyrics

[Verse 1]

As I drove across on the highway
My jeep began to rock
I didn't know what to do, so I stopped, then got out, and looked down, I noticed I've got a flat
So I walked out, parked the car like sideways
So I can find, what I can fix

I looked around, there were no cars on the highway
I felt a strange feeling, like a mist, so
I walked down, toward the end of the road
And in the fog, a woman appeared
She said don't you worry my friend, I'll take care, take my hand, I'll take you there

Wooo!

[Chorus]

Take me to a place without no name (No name)
Take me to a place without no name (Without, no name)

[Verse 2]

As she took me right through the fog
A scene of beautiful city appear
Of where kids are playing and people are laughing and smiling and nothing to fear
She says this is the place where no people have pain, with love and happiness
She turned around, looked down in my eyes, and started crying, and grabbed my hand, you've got a friend

Hooo!

[Chorus]

Take me to a place without no name (No name)
Take me to a place without no name (A place without, place without no name)
Take me to a place without no name (Take me, take me, place without no name)
Take me to a place without no name (A place without)

Hooo!
Yeah!
Doggone!
Hooo!

[Verse 3]

She started liking me, kissing me, and hugging me
She didn't really, really want me to leave
She showed me places I've never seen, and things I've never done, it really looked like a lot of fun
I've seen the grass, and the skies and the birds, and the flowers, surrounded by the trees
This place is filled with love and happiness, how in the world, could I wanna leave

So then I went in my pocket, took my wallet all out
With my pictures of my family and girl
This is the place that you choose to be with me
When you thought, you could be in another world

Oooh!

[Chorus]

Take me to a place without no name (Doggone, take me, no name)
Take me to a place without no name (See, a place without no name)
Take me to a place without no name (Take me, doggone, place without no name)
Take me to a place without no name (See, a place without, no, no, no)

[Outro]

Na na na nanana nanana na na (Na, na, a place without no name)
Na na na nanana nanana na na (A place without no name)
Na na na nanana nanana na na (Na, na, na, a place without no name)
Na na na nanana nanana na na (See, a place without)
Na na na nanana nanana na na (Take me, take me, take me, a place without no name)

Last edited:
So happy right now!!! Woo-hoo!! This is amazing.

This song is amazing. Vintage Michael! The wait for the full version was worth it. If this isn't on the next album, something is seriously messed up. I think this is by far the best "unreleased" track out there...better then Blue Gangsta and Slave 2 The Rhythm (2 songs I love to death and think should be on the next album also)

I've wanted this song since the very moment I first heard it!! The only track I've wanted all of this time and its finally out there. I hope it becomes a single. So catchy, amazing.

You can post youtube videos but not soundcloud that has download links on mainboard

It's okay but not A grade MJ material by any stretch. There have been much better unreleased tracks than this, Behind The Mask, Hollywood Tonight, Al Capone, Much Too Soon, Another Day, Abortion Papers.... all better than this song.

Don't shoot me, just my opinion. Still, it's always good to hear something new.

Great song!

So what do you think happens in this song? The mysterious woman takes him to a better world, but does he at the end still decide to leave to be with his family and his girl (whether that's a partner or a daughter) even though he could stay in this perfect world?

Last edited:
It's pretty nice, I'll need a few more listens to LOVE it but wow his voice sounds amazing, really raw and sexy. Thank you :D

Wow, just like that, out of the blue!

I think this deserves a big thank you to Michael! I don't know if you can get this message, but I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for constantly cheering up my life!!!

I imagine something like this,
He is actually having a car accident, but doesn't realize it. what he sings about is like dream/imagination. in the end he realize even if this is the most beautiful place in the world, he has family and girl ,that he loves and miss. so, he comes back/awakes and sees what trully happened, people helping him, police and ambulance.
or he is in hospital and awakes from coma.

OMG!!!! Even my dad is in awe hearing MJ's version. He knows the original 1972 version "A Horse With No Name" so well. And he is impressed with this. The vocals are so nice!!!

As much as I feel happy listening to the new song, it's beautiful indeed, I wish John McClain and producers involved cared more not letting the songs to be leaked. When Michael was here, those were rare and now every year a song or two are leaked. What are we gonna have for new albums if people are releasing the tracks unofficially?

Updated lyrics after double checking with Spino's version :)

I hope its still up by the time I get home. Tries to listen on my phone but the video kept stopping mid-song. From what I hear, I love the grit Michael uses. I didn't expect that to be on a song like this, I imagined "I Am The Loser"-esque vocals.

I like the song it's a typical Michael song, the lyrics are a bit way down but other than that it's fine!

WOW!!

This is REAL MUSIC !!

I mean, not like todays crap music - THIS IS IT - THIS IS MUSIC!! - This is Michael Jackson!!

Michael Jackson - Thank you for the music!!

I wrote a short analysis a time ago when i heard the writers demo. Seeing as they are the same i thought i could share it here :)

Let me start by saying that the title really says it all. Micheal always fancied the idea about escapism. He talked about it all the time, and this topic comes up on a lot of songs. It has led me to the conclusion that this song is the afterlife. They are talking about a place filled with marvel and wonderment and where there is no forms or abbreviations of pain. Lets take a deeper look into the lyrics and its connotations:

" She said, don't you worry my friend ill take care, take my hand. Ill take you there "

Who is this woman that appeared nowhere? Why it is almost as if he is talking about an angel. Throughout the song you can conspicuously hear her trying to convince him that "this is the place to be" almost as if he has ambivalent feelings about leaving in the first place.

"Where kids are playing and people are laughing and smiling and no ones in fear. She said this is the place where no people have pain, and there's love and happiness. She turned around look down on my eyes and started crying, she grabbed my hand, you got a friend".

These are some beautiful lines. You see, her world is the opposite of the world we see and live in today. There are no children dying in schools, neglection does not exist, there is no fear about isolation and alienation, everybody is playing together. Its just the pure magic of togetherness and happiness.

Something we should pay attention to is that she describes the purity of the world by using children as a euphemism. Michael always said that the innocence of children are the purest thing in this world, So to really illustrate for him how authentic and pure her world is she decides to use children as a euphemism.

"I've Seen the grass and the sky and the birds, and the flower surrounded by the trees"

He is really portraying a vivid picture of this world. Grass, flowers, animals. It sounds a lot like some sort of paradise. By now he is no longer contemplating whether he should stay or leave. He is ready, and for the first time we get to know that this man actually has a family (He got a picture of them in his wallet) so the reason why he has strenuous feelings about leaving could be because what he is leaving behind him. Throughout the song he keep bringing up his fondness of this world so there is no questioning that he doesn't believe in it, but there was something still holding him back from fully embracing it.

"This is the place that you choose to be with me, when you thought you can be in another world "

Just after he takes out the picture of his family there is another voice (presumably this woman) saying that this is what he choose, don't feel remorse or sadness, just think about it, you can be in another world free from despair in all forms. This is the world that he was describing throughout the whole song. What is interesting is that this song is sung from his perspective almost as if the verses are the thoughts that are going on inside his head.

"Take Me To A Place With No Name "

There is no name for this place. There is no road map or destination for this fantasy place. He just ends up there somehow. This place, for me, somehow makes me think of an afterlife. We don't know anything about life after death, we don't know the name of the place we will be in nor the destination. But what we do know, from biblical scriptures, myths, cultural beliefs, are that that place will be much more beautiful, loving and joyous than the current world that we live in.

I wrote a short analysis a time ago when i heard the writers demo. Seeing as they are the same i thought i could share it here :)

Let me start by saying that the title really says it all. Micheal always fancied the idea about escapism. He talked about it all the time, and this topic comes up on a lot of songs. It has led me to the conclusion that this song is the afterlife. They are talking about a place filled with marvel and wonderment and where there is no forms or abbreviations of pain. Lets take a deeper look into the lyrics and its connotations:

" She said, don't you worry my friend ill take care, take my hand. Ill take you there "

Who is this woman that appeared nowhere? Why it is almost as if he is talking about an angel. Throughout the song you can conspicuously hear her trying to convince him that "this is the place to be" almost as if he has ambivalent feelings about leaving in the first place.

"Where kids are playing and people are laughing and smiling and no ones in fear. She said this is the place where no people have pain, and there's love and happiness. She turned around look down on my eyes and started crying, she grabbed my hand, you got a friend".

These are some beautiful lines. You see, her world is the opposite of the world we see and live in today. There are no children dying in schools, neglection does not exist, there is no fear about isolation and alienation, everybody is playing together. Its just the pure magic of togetherness and happiness.

Something we should pay attention to is that she describes the purity of the world by using children as a euphemism. Michael always said that the innocence of children are the purest thing in this world, So to really illustrate for him how authentic and pure her world is she decides to use children as a euphemism.

"I've Seen the grass and the sky and the birds, and the flower surrounded by the trees"

He is really portraying a vivid picture of this world. Grass, flowers, animals. It sounds a lot like some sort of paradise. By now he is no longer contemplating whether he should stay or leave. He is ready, and for the first time we get to know that this man actually has a family (He got a picture of them in his wallet) so the reason why he has strenuous feelings about leaving could be because what he is leaving behind him. Throughout the song he keep bringing up his fondness of this world so there is no questioning that he doesn't believe in it, but there was something still holding him back from fully embracing it.

"This is the place that you choose to be with me, when you thought you can be in another world "

Just after he takes out the picture of his family there is another voice (presumably this woman) saying that this is what he choose, don't feel remorse or sadness, just think about it, you can be in another world free from despair in all forms. This is the world that he was describing throughout the whole song. What is interesting is that this song is sung from his perspective almost as if the verses are the thoughts that are going on inside his head.

"Take Me To A Place With No Name "

There is no name for this place. There is no road map or destination for this fantasy place. He just ends up there somehow. This place, for me, somehow makes me think of an afterlife. We don't know anything about life after death, we don't know the name of the place we will be in nor the destination. But what we do know, from biblical scriptures, myths, cultural beliefs, are that that place will be much more beautiful, loving and joyous than the current world that we live in.

To me it's rather like he wants to stay in this perfect place that is described in the song, who wouldn't, but then he takes out his wallet with pictures of his family and his girl and gets reminded of them and no matter how tempting this perfect place is he needs to go back to his loved ones.

Back