A Place With No Name (Second Single from Xscape) Discussion

New Jeep commercial features APWNN!! Just saw it today on a sports' website. I almost fell over I was soo excited. It sounded soooo good!

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));
Post by Michael Jackson.

Sounds like a contest? its a map of America in the background. Glad to see something going on though! Estate clearly hasn't backed down!

More promotion for APWNN. Let's hope we can get somewhere with this one.

I would have thought a contest, except for the word "live". They really like to tease don't they?

I just heard a place with no name on the radio for the first time! In a place I would never have guess to hear it in. At the mechanics shop! lol! It was jamming sounded so good. Such a great song I hope for success, it deserves it.

It frustrates me that the version of the song from the video hasn't been released on iTunes.

It frustrates me that the version of the song from the video hasn't been released on iTunes.

You mean the shortened version of the song from the music video? Why would they release that version on iTunes?

You mean the shortened version of the song from the music video? Why would they release that version on iTunes?
I guess it would give those of us who have bought the album someing to buy to support the single. At the moment there's nothing.

I guess it would give those of us who have bought the album someing to buy to support the single. At the moment there's nothing.

Rather have an extended or instrumental version tbh. Regardless, you can support it still by gifting the song to friends :)

Rather have an extended or instrumental version tbh. Regardless, you can support it still by gifting the song to friends :)
Thank you. I honestly hadn't thought of that. That's great idea. I'll get onto that today.

Unfortunately this song is just not catching on. It's time to think about the next single, if there is going to be one. I feel Xscape with 2pac would be the best choice. Chicago is a great song but I dont believe it would chart well on all formats. I really don't understand why APWNN flopped so to speak. Anyways fall is apon us. I still think there is a chance for Xscape 2.0 with a few new Jerkins tracks. That may be why APWNN wasn't supported very well.

APWNN "flopped" cause it didnt get the boost LNFSG got even though it needed it more (being a solo song)

Last edited:
I still don't get why STTR didn't get radio play after the Billboard Awards. I thought it would be a huge hit.

I still don't get why STTR didn't get radio play after the Billboard Awards. I thought it would be a huge hit.

It's not smart to have 2 singles out at the same time. Maybe they should have had "hologram" (1983 Mike) performing Love Never Felt So Good on stage with Justin Timberlake.

I don't know anything about record strategy. But I just thought they should strike when the irons hot. And STTR was a HOT song.
I'm old enough to remember when Billie Jean and Beat it were both out and they didn't do too bad.

Is it weird that no DJ has remixed APWNN for the clubs?? LNFSG remixes were good, especially the Morales ones. So what are they waiting for with APWNN?

I don't know anything about record strategy. But I just thought they should strike when the irons hot. And STTR was a HOT song.
I'm old enough to remember when Billie Jean and Beat it were both out and they didn't do too bad.

Billie Jean was released January 2, 1983
Beat It was released February 14, 1983

That is 1 month and 12 days.

Love Never Felt So Good was released May 2, 2014
Slave To The Rhythm performance was May 18, 2014

That is just 16 days!

Maybe they should have released Love Never Felt So Good much earlier and then second single Slave To The Rhythm just before the performance/album release. Or other way around - release Slave To The Rhythm in April when the song became popular because of Sony Xperia Z2 commercial and then release Love Never Felt So Good before the album release.

Back