A Place With No Name (Second Single from Xscape) Discussion

It's sad that the only way Michael's music has been truly promoted is with a duet. It's not like he can't get the high chart spots, I mean the album got to #1 in the UK so it's not like no one cares?!

speechlesslove4michael;4037636 said:
I would pass out if a acapella version was released *_*

Me too!

Allusio;4037682 said:
Or they give defective impression to the general public !!! IMO, MJ has enough haters to criticize and if fans want to express constructive criticism – tweet to MJ online team or write to the Estate, there are ways to. See no point in bashing everything.

Posters have given constructive criticism to Estate/Sony here on this forum and they have listened. This is why Xscape is a superior product to the previous releases.

I will agree the YT comments are being overrun by posters who only want attention. Those posts truly have nothing to do with Michael and more to do with the poster themselves receiving a moment of fame no matter how small and/or fleeting.

Obviously no one patrols the MJ Vevo channel.

Re: L.A. Reid confirms A Place With No Name is the next single (released on August 11)

Good Life (Kanye West)...

Don't Stop the Music - Rihanna
Right Here - SWV
H.O.V.A. - Jay Z

Some others, but from my experience as long as folks don't butcher the song, fans haven't thrown tomatoes at covers/remakes/samples, and certainly don't call it a "rip off" when its quite clearly a cover/remake/sample lol. No one is hiding the fact that APWNN is adapted from America so that person is simply a troll :p

I read a comment the first day from someone who said it sounded like "horse with no name". Somebody told her the back story and she wrote thank you.
So people do use that to inform. But for the last week I've been reading a lot of trash about Michael. I usually watch You Tube without signing on but I logged on and reported some posts. I don't know if that does any good or makes things worse. Maybe I'll get kicked off. I don't know.
Can't Vevo or Estate or Sony do something. These posts have nothing to do with the music or Michael as an artist.

barbee0715;4037823 said:
I read a comment the first day from someone who said it sounded like "horse with no name". Somebody told her the back story and she wrote thank you.
So people do use that to inform. But for the last week I've been reading a lot of trash about Michael. I usually watch You Tube without signing on but I logged on and reported some posts. I don't know if that does any good or makes things worse. Maybe I'll get kicked off. I don't know.
Can't Vevo or Estate or Sony do something. These posts have nothing to do with the music or Michael as an artist.

I understand that it hurts but it is fair to add that YouTube comments to any video of every artist is a place for bashing … Michael is not the only one. Trolls get everyone without exceptions.

Allusio;4037824 said:
I understand that it hurts but it is fair to add that YouTube comments to any video of every artist is a place for bashing … Michael is not the only one. Trolls get everyone without exceptions.

It does not make it acceptable that everyone is bashed on YT. Unfortunately the Internet is a breeding ground for anonymous hatred.

What is the job description of the MJ Online team or whoever uploads videos to MJ Vevo Channel?

In my view, there should be someone who monitors MJ's Vevo channel as there is someone who monitors MJ forums for Estate/Sony.

I think they dont really care about whats being posted, also they have the power to remove any video from youtube they want. Remember Prince's videos are gone.

speeddemon88;4037960 said:
I think they dont really care about whats being posted, also they have the power to remove any video from youtube they want. Remember Prince's videos are gone.

I see no point in removing videos, it will hurt MJ more than comments!

Tygger;4037881 said:
It does not make it acceptable that everyone is bashed on YT. Unfortunately the Internet is a breeding ground for anonymous hatred.

And that is why there should be "someone" who monitors not just MJ Vevo but ALL YouTube comments for every artist.

I’m sure MJ Online team is doing the job they are entitled to do.

If the estate is looking person for youtube to remove all the nasty comments, where can I apply for it:D
I bet it takes quite a long time to go through all the comments on every single MJ videos there.

There is something fans can do too the get rid of those nasty comments.
I have seen some comment hidden with text: "hidden due to low comment rating click here to see"

It is my understanding that if many fans rate to comment with thumbs down, it will become hidden.
Then there is an option Flag a comment as spam, instructions here:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2802027?hl=en

Then there is this thing the way you see comments.
You can view them either Newest first or Top Comments (most thumbs up first).
If you give thumbs up for nice comment, wouldn't that go first if you have it Top comment first?
As far as I can see, stupid pedo comments are not on the top.

Last edited:
LNFSG Official Video, doesn't have so much negative comments...

If the estate is looking person for youtube to remove all the nasty comments, where can I apply for it:D
I bet it takes quite a long time to go through all the comments on every single MJ videos there.

There is something fans can do too the get rid of those nasty comments.
I have seen some comment hidden with text: "hidden due to low comment rating click here to see"

It is my understanding that if many fans rate to comment with thumbs down, it will become hidden.
Then there is an option Flag a comment as spam, instructions here:
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2802027?hl=en

Then there is this thing the way you see comments.
You can view them either Newest first or Top Comments (most thumbs up first).
If you give thumbs up for nice comment, wouldn't that go first if you have it Top comment first?
As far as I can see, stupid pedo comments are not on the top.

I always hit the thumbs down button and even report some of the comments (especially the comments from some users by whose profile names and pics they look like they are dedicated on spewing vile and hate on MJ). The old YT was better with the rating system. Now it doesn't even show after rating something down anything happens or not. "Thriller" comments section is infested with haters and trolls. Seeing that it is a very important video in musical history, I thought YT or the Estate would take better care in monitoring it since it is also the only official video on YT. I guess even they have no control on things like this. The best we can do is ignore them. And also its heartening to see more number of people defending MJ.

JEMFTV;4037972 said:
LNFSG Official Video, doesn't have so much negative comments...

IMO it is because it gets more attention from general public with Tweeter …
and haters are always more active with something promising.
APWNN is a great song and the video is not cheap but beautiful and can be a competitive, it is not just a tribute video.

IMO MJ fans should be ready to the things like this, that not only some fans will criticize with no reasons but haters too… and the best of what we can do is to support the video or the song. Some people will always find something to criticize and it is not a problem of the “product” or “no control” over comments – it is someone’s nature, I guess.

Although I would like to see artists to be more protected. IMO YouTube “management” should be the first to think about it !!!

I always hit the thumbs down button and even report some of the comments (especially the comments from some users by whose profile names and pics they look like they are dedicated on spewing vile and hate on MJ). The old YT was better with the rating system. Now it doesn't even show after rating something down anything happens or not. "Thriller" comments section is infested with haters and trolls. Seeing that it is a very important video in musical history, I thought YT or the Estate would take better care in monitoring it since it is also the only official video on YT. I guess even they have no control on things like this. The best we can do is ignore them. And also its heartening to see more number of people defending MJ.

I think who ever is in charge of Michael's Vevo channel can block people who post vile and hateful comment, but that requires them t hire a person(raises the hand) to clean up those comments and blocking people.
I did a little comparison, and all current artists have those hateful comments and they don't have anyone to clean up comment section, so I suppose MJ is not above anyone else when it comes cleaning up comments.
If there is people spewing shite over Beatles and Elvis youtube videos, then there are people hating MJ too.

Bubs;4037985 said:
I think who ever is in charge of Michael's Vevo channel can block people who post vile and hateful comment, but that requires them t hire a person(raises the hand) to clean up those comments and blocking people.
I did a little comparison, and all current artists have those hateful comments and they don't have anyone to clean up comment section, so I suppose MJ is not above anyone else when it comes cleaning up comments.
If there is people spewing shite over Beatles and Elvis youtube videos, then there are people hating MJ too.

Thank you for saying this! That is what I was trying to say … It is a problem of YouTube for ALL artists, not just Michael. So the whole system should be changed. But I guess it would be close to impossible.

Allusio;4037987 said:
Thank you for saying this! That is what I was trying to say … It is a problem of YouTube for ALL artists, not just Michael. So the whole system should be changed. But I guess it would be close to impossible.

Youtube is hiding behind freedom of the speech but there are steps that channel owners can do to block hateful comments. I just think hiring someone going through all the MJ video comments (just in case they do, raising my hand again:)) requires full time person and about 100 years worth of work.

Just for comparison, Nicky Minaj or whats her name, released video (don't ask my comment about it:)) and comments there are as vile and hateful as Michael's

Allusio;4037964 said:
And that is why there should be "someone" who monitors not just MJ Vevo but ALL YouTube comments for every artist.

I’m sure MJ Online team is doing the job they are entitled to do.

Allusio;4037987 said:
It is a problem of YouTube for ALL artists, not just Michael. So the whole system should be changed. But I guess it would be close to impossible.

A comment can be removed from YT by the author and the page owner. In most cases the record company owns the page. They are not concerned with negative comments as any attention is welcomed unless it directly effects sales.

Sony may not be willing to have someone monitor the pages of their artist however; the Estate could employ someone to do so for MJ Vevo channel or tailor the job description of online team members as they are online as it is.

They could pioneer this and then other artists can have their pages cleaned as well. Some fans would do it for free. That type of anonymous hatred can be stopped easily.

I have only heard APWNN once on the radio in Denmark - and it was the demo/original version they played !!

never heard it anywhere yet. what a shame really. stupid radios...

ohh let me see, the Bashir documentary comes first to my mind. I dont see how that would hurt Michael?

The talk is about the official MJ channel. The official MJ channel does not have the Bashir documentary.

The talk is about the official MJ channel. The official MJ channel does not have the Bashir documentary.

I mean generally estate has the power to do whatever they want and control whats being posted on youtube. This happens every day, videos are removed because of number of reasons. "hateful content " is one of them. But now im going too off topic :) sorry for that.

Forgot to mention that Prince videos have been removed because that is what Prince prefers. He is behind it.

I will give the song about 4 weeks before I judge anything. I have to say after that if it's not getting air play and charting well plans sure changed. This is make it or break it for the album. If this song fails there won't be a 3rd single. The promotion very well be over now.

No people are just having fantasies to promote the song in a better way. No duet until now.

No duets please. I want to hear Michael's songs sung only by Michael, and I don't care if a duet will get more attention

Duets should only be arranged if the specific song is inclompete imo.
Like Fall Again, it was an work-in-progress demo, and definitely not finished. There was an mash up with the version from Glenn Lewis and the one from Michael, and it sounded more like an finished song.

Radio stations where I'm from are still playing Love Never Felt So Good. Sadly I think the only reason why they are playing it so much is because of Justin Timberlake :(

speeddemon88;4038093 said:
I mean generally estate has the power to do whatever they want and control whats being posted on youtube. This happens every day, videos are removed because of number of reasons. "hateful content " is one of them. But now im going too off topic :) sorry for that.

Sure they have a power. They need to discuss it with Sony and to work on it with YouTube co. But it is not easy and it will take time, A LOT OF TIME AND WORK and agreements !!! To pioneer anything is a hard job. They can start now and maybe with next album there’ll be some results.

Honestly, I would not pay that much attention to it at all.

P.S. It took time for Prince to make them remove his videos and he did so not because of comments he didn’t like and he was not very happy that he had to do so.

Last edited:
Back