A Place With No Name (Second Single from Xscape) Discussion

Re: L.A. Reid confirms A Place With No Name is the next single (released on August 11)

Swr 1

Re: L.A. Reid confirms A Place With No Name is the next single (released on August 11)

It's already charted in the UK! #172. Not sure when that was but that was it's peak so far. Pretty cool if you ask me ;)

10599329_10152660078746473_5319997300824672309_n.png

Via MJ Facebook page.

Via MJ Facebook page.

Just saw this on Twitter, I can tell by the pic that this probably will be a sexy little video!

The image of the female immediately evoked Naomi Campbell in my mind. Yup, please let this be a hot video.

So this magical world MJ sings about is just a desert with a sexy chick impersonating one of his classic short films in it, huh? :lol:

It's hard to tell by one shot, but it looks like they are going for something more artistic this time.

I see a beautiful city appear
Where kids are playin' and people are laughin' and smiling and
No one's in fear
I would like to see jewish children and arab children playing together and there should be black children and white too..children from all over the world.
It´s the same with adults but they should be lovers.

I'm interested as to how they'll pull this video off. I only get a desert feeling at the beginning of the song before MJ is taken to the lush utopian universe he sings about.

The image of the female immediately evoked Naomi Campbell in my mind. Yup, please let this be a hot video.

So this magical world MJ sings about is just a desert with a sexy chick impersonating one of his classic short films in it, huh? :lol:

Better to imitate ITC visuals than LMA. Naomi Campbell in a desert worked very well for Michael.

The dancer here looks beautiful which is in line with the casting Michael did in the past.

This looks very promising.

Dorian;4034691 said:

Via MJ Facebook page.

“I felt a strange, feeling like a mist / I walked down / Towards the end of the road / And in the fog a woman appeared.” – “A Place With No Name” #MJXSCAPE

Make sure to check www.MichaelJackson.com
just after 9 a.m. EST Monday for news about the new single, “A Place With No Name,” and the forthcoming short film!

MJOnline
The Official Online Team of The Michael Jackson Estate™

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&#8220;This is the place that you choose to be with me when you thought you could be in another world.&#8221; <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MJXSCAPE?src=hash">#MJXSCAPE</a> <a href="http://t.co/hNm0sid0b5">pic.twitter.com/hNm0sid0b5</a></p>&mdash; Michael Jackson (@michaeljackson) <a href="https://twitter.com/michaeljackson/statuses/498144026755756033">August 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's getting really weird, tbh.

That doesn't looks professional to me.... :-/

more and more it looks like a sexy dance video.. if that's the case there goes my dreams of a storyline video.

I don't want to live in the past. :( I need a fresh storyline...cause its all there.. Ill wait and hope :D

Another beautiful photo.

This dancer is beautiful so I will be patient. Maybe Johansson will be in the next one.

Beautiful dancers!

I like posts with pictures like that &#8211; so much to imagine.

I´m still hoping for more than sexy dancers

I'm hoping for some Michael Jackson footage, because he is singing the song.

I think it's a perfect change to let the people around the world see, what Michaels idea of a perfect world would look like." I see a beautiful city appear
No one's in fear" Heal the world!!

Just saw this on Twitter, I can tell by the pic that this probably will be a sexy little video!

Here's hoping, also.

MIST;4034773 said:
I would like to see jewish children and arab children playing together and there should be black children and white too..children from all over the world.
It´s the same with adults but they should be lovers.[/QUOTE

I hope that the video continues in the vibe of the photos that we have seen. IMO, this fits the overall theme of the Xscape album-love, adult relationships. I for one do not want to see a "Heal the World" type of video.

From the posted images, it looks like it's going to be an average soap opera video. I'm not excited anymore, there's nothing like the real deal but for obvious reasons is not possible anymore.

^Well (guys) what do you expect? Michael isn't here anymore. It is IMPOSSIBLE to make a good music video without him. We have to deal with it. We can't expect a music video like in the past. We can't expect a short movie or Michael doing his dance routines.

I know we all had it with tribute videos. But it is pretty hard to come with something new without him. The only thing that I can think of is a music video in comic style like Britney Spears did with her Break The Ice.

I have no high expectations at all about this video, I just want those involved to do the best that they possibly can.

It's impossible to judge a video just from a couple of pictures :smilerolleyes: yet I'm not really expecting a whole lot either tbh.

I hope that the video continues in the vibe of the photos that we have seen. IMO, this fits the overall theme of the Xscape album-love, adult relationships. I for one do not want to see a "Heal the World" type of video.

They can follow the storyline

I see a beautiful city appear
No one's in fear

She said this is the place where no people have pain
And in love and happiness

They can show children playing when he sings about it

I seen the grass and the sky and the birds
And the flowers surrounded by the trees

Here i want to see trees,birds, grass and not a desert.
There is room for the mysterious woman too in the song when he sings about her

Back