A Place With No Name (Second Single from Xscape) Discussion

Re: L.A. Reid confirms A Place With No Name is the next single (released on August 11)

It's refreshing for Michael to sing about a woman who has not betrayed him :D

Re: L.A. Reid confirms A Place With No Name is the next single (released on August 11)

They can follow the storyline

I see a beautiful city appear
Where kids are playin' and people are laughin' and smiling and
No one's in fear

She said this is the place where no people have pain
And in love and happiness

They can show children playing when he sings about it

I seen the grass and the sky and the birds
And the flowers surrounded by the trees

Here i want to see trees,birds, grass and not a desert.
There is room for the mysterious woman too in the song when he sings about her

I personally find this type of exact depiction of the lyrics to be predictable and not very creative IMO. I don't see why every word needs to be recreated in the video.

I personally find this type of exact depiction of the lyrics to be predictable and not very creative IMO. I don't see why every word needs to be recreated in the video.

The way it can be recreated can be creative!

You can't judge a video after a few making-of photos. It should be great, IMO.

They should NOT call this a Michael Jackson SHORT FILM!!!!!!!! that disgusts me a lot, this looks incredibly unprofessional, cheesy & badly written! This shoddy video won't be watched by me, ever. The original song is enough.

If the video is longer than 5 minutes, than it is an short film. If not then it is an normal music video.

L.A. Reid confirms A Place With No Name is the next single (released on Augus...

They should NOT call this a Michael Jackson SHORT FILM!!!!!!!! that disgusts me a lot, this looks incredibly unprofessional, cheesy & badly written! This shoddy video won't be watched by me, ever. The original song is enough.

You are starting to annoy me and I'm sure a couple of others too.

You didn't even see the video yet.

Calm down mister.

IMO these photos are from making of MJ One version of video, we know there must be two of them, one can be a music video and the second one is a short film, so who knows.

And it is not professional photos to start with – it is photos of making of and I don’t understand how it is possible to say if the video is unprofessional or cheesy …

We need to watch both videos to judge any IMO.

czechstar;4035082 said:
It's refreshing for Michael to sing about a woman who has not betrayed him :D

I´m in a group on FB and they wouldn´t agree with you probably. Most of them think it´s about June Chandler. But since it´s not Michael who wrote the lyrics I can´t see how that would be, but they insist.

^HUH? :blink:

Dude, chill down. You have seen 2 or 3 unedited photos from the set, nothing more. To call the whole thing "badly written & cheesy" is extremely biased and uncalled for, because judging it is impossible at this point.

Asked Alicia from MJ Online Team about a physical CD single.

She says she doesn't know... :(

IMO these photos are from making of MJ One version of video.

I disagree. This has to be from the official video.

These two shots were snapped on the video set, you can even see part of the filming equipment on the first shot. So yea, they are not professional photos duh. lol And you can't call the video shoddy and cheesy and badly written (??) when you haven't seen it.

OnirMJ;4035104 said:
I disagree. This has to be from the official video.

Yes, probably you are right. These photos are from MJ Twitter page but not MJ One\Circus page.
Well, we’ll see.

Sorry but I cannot take any opinions seriously that say after seeing three still pics that the video is "badly written". Give it a chance and watch it at least before you totally trash it. :smilerolleyes:

I think it's stupid to expect some short film masterpiece when the master is gone. Bar the hologram, this has been a great project. I still believe they can pull this off.

Good God, please just stop!!!

In case you have forgotten, the master is no longer with us, so why not wait to see the video in its entirety and then pass your judgements

facepalm.gif

f-p.gif

lol.gif

chill-out-homeboy.gif

^The Conan O'Brien one is hilarious :D

I think it's stupid to expect some short film masterpiece when the master is gone.

Still they should make something always with Michael's high standards in mind. Otherwise don't do it.

This has been said countless times yet still people trot out that 'well Michael's gone so what more can they do' nonsense. If you're going to do something bad and devoid of creativity and hope for a sympathetic response from the audience then it's a total waste of time.

Virre;4035095 said:
I´m in a group on FB and they wouldn´t agree with you probably. Most of them think it´s about June Chandler. But since it´s not Michael who wrote the lyrics I can´t see how that would be, but they insist.

Well, I would insist these people are delusional.

more and more it looks like a sexy dance video.. if that's the case there goes my dreams of a storyline video.
Yeah, when I saw those pictures I couldn't help but think the editing must have gone something like this:

:lol:

I agree though, can't really judge it until we see more than 3 pics.

Personally, I am reserving all judgement about this video until I actually see it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>&#8220;A Place With No Name&#8221; is known for vivid imagery &amp; lush harmonies according to Dr. Freeze. Info on video tomorrow! <a href="http://t.co/G9OuFy6gpE">pic.twitter.com/G9OuFy6gpE</a></p>&mdash; Michael Jackson (@michaeljackson) <a href="https://twitter.com/michaeljackson/statuses/498589662269935616">August 10, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That pic makes me think it'll be another tribute type video. Sure hope not!

I can't believe the new apwnn has actually grown on me. I absolutely hated the new mix when I first heard it.

photo of Michael in the background is cool, but they shouldn't call it a short film IMO

Hmm we may get some unseen ITC footage maybe?

Back