A Place Without No Name (Stargate 2014) Stream

Listening to the demo once again. Oh my God, I actually hate it. It's so unbearably boring. Don't know what Michael/Neff-U were thinking with it.

But so yeah, it sounds like Leave Me Alone. Big deal. Do you really think Michael himself NEVER copied musical ideas or lyrics in his own songs before? This comes from the man who rips off HIStory and I'll Be There in the lyrics to What More Can I Give. The man who reused the Dangerous performance technique of flipping a background dancer in the video to You Rock My World. The man who lifted "You are always in my heart" from You Are Not Alone for Speechless. The man who copied Unbreakable from another song without giving proper credit (can't recall the name of the song right now). He copied himself with quite a bit of his own music, and suggesting otherwise shows complete ignorance.

I'm not saying that people can't like it for what it is. I'm saying that accusing Stargate of copying Michael's music when Michael copied himself on various occasions isn't a valid argument.

In other words, if you feel like the instrumentation sounds almost identical without little change or something to spice it up a bit, then you're not allowed to dislike this song....

Not liking something that doesn't seem to have any sound of originality to it is a very valid argument. The song isn't bad, and so far I haven't seen anyone say that. But people feel the demo better, and feel like this is the worse of the 3 songs that we've recently been listening to. Big deal, people are allowed to have differing opinions about something they're all passionate about and have the right to speak on it and make their opinions heard on a platform like a public forum, in regards to Michael's music.

Sooo, people (not you specifically) saying that others shouldn't be allowed to post some slight negative comments about a song that we've all been exposed to and have been asked to state our feelings about, really need to get a hold of themselves.

Michael didn't copy Unbreakable from another song, he just used Biggie's rap from his song with Shaq You Can't Stop The Reign. If you listen to Biggie's song, it's a totally different one from Unbreakable.

Love mjs vocals. dont like the music. was hoping stargate would create the neyo kind of R&B track for mj

The worst contemporized track on the album, wouldn't go as far as to insult it though. Loving You stands out over everything. If it was released as a single, i'm sure it wouldn't do too badly..

Last edited:
don't like it. leaked its great . this, I doubt would listen again.

for now 3:1.

Chicago, love it
LNFSG, like it
Loving you, its ok

4 more to be liked

2nd Update:
It's a great song, but not as strong as Lovin You/Chicago also, why did Stargate or whoever took out the backround vocals from Michael?!

Last edited:
Played it to non MJ fans
Feedback? Sounds like one of his other songs ie leave me alone

The more that gets shown the less I like this album concept. It's kinda trashy

Michael didn't copy Unbreakable from another song, he just used Biggie's rap from his song with Shaq You Can't Stop The Reign. If you listen to Biggie's song, it's a totally different one from Unbreakable.

I don't think he meant Unbreakable copying BIG's rap, the beat is the same (almost) as Notorious BIG's 'Unbelievable' I think i may have even read before that this is common knowledge, it would be coincidental to have the beat pretty much the same AND have a Biggy rap in it and for it not to be intentionally linked

Michael did a fantastic job of taking the America hit, "A Horse With No Name" and make it a Michael Jackson version.

It is more of a folksy song, than a techno song. It is telling a story with a guitar and not too much more.

That's what I really admired about John Denver's music, a guitar and a simple, poetic song. The message comes across that the singer wants to convey. That's what got lost in this techno version!

America_AHorseWithNoName.jpg

Leave Me Alone all the way but the vocals at 2:50 made me go berserk.

I like that this version keeps the same vibe as the original, but takes it in a different direction. I could see the argument that it sort of ruins the "intent" of the song, as it's a reimagining of "A Horse With No Name," but considering that the original version is getting an official release, I'm sure anyone interested will eventually figure it out.

I'm one of those people where, as long as the originals are released, I'm perfectly okay with the contemporary remixes. It's a win-win, in my book.

Did Stargate used a sample of
Blue Gangsta or Stranger In Moscow during the
song/chorus? (i mean the Snare)

Michael did a fantastic job of taking the America hit, "A Horse With No Name" and make it a Michael Jackson version.

It is more of a folksy song, than a techno song. It is telling a story with a guitar and not too much more.

That's what I really admired about John Denver's music, a guitar and a simple, poetic song. The message comes across that the singer wants to convey. That's what got lost in this techno version!

Nailed it. It's one thing to change a song like Blue Gangsta or Xscape which are already pretty techno and make them sound fresh, but A Place With No Name is different and they stripped it of its western vibe.

Ok, I promised myself that I would avoid any other remixed songs that would be leaked so I could keep some of the album a surprise, but seeing the huge negative response to this made me curious enough to listen to it for at least a little bit. Um... :blink: yeah, I think the demo wins this round. It's not a HORRIBLE remix but it really could've been done better. Not to mention the demo actually sounds like a completed song that could've done well enough on its own.

I wonder if it's possible for the demo to be played on the radio instead of the remix, if this becomes a single. >.>

First listen, I almost shit my pants and thought these guys have messed up bigtime. Listened on some headphones and am feeling the mix, minus the Horns throughout the song would benefit from being lower in the mix, plus I think the production would have benefited from some stronger clearer drums.

First listen, I almost shit my pants and thought these guys have messed up bigtime. Listened on some headphones and am feeling the mix, minus the Horns throughout the song would benefit from being lower in the mix, plus I think the production would have benefited from some stronger clearer drums.

Tell us how you really feel :lol:

I don't think he meant Unbreakable copying BIG's rap, the beat is the same (almost) as Notorious BIG's 'Unbelievable' I think i may have even read before that this is common knowledge, it would be coincidental to have the beat pretty much the same AND have a Biggy rap in it and for it not to be intentionally linked

I just heard Biggie's Unbelievable and yes, it's similar but at least Michael didn't make a crappy rendition, he chose harmonious instruments. Stargate didn't even bother to do that.

I haven't listened to the new mixes (except LNFSG), but I just (try to) imagine how "Be not always" would sound if it'd been messed, oh pardon me, I mean contemporized with a techno-like sound.

First listen, I almost shit my pants and thought these guys have messed up bigtime.
Is the difference (leak vs. remix )more extreme than it was with Another Day?

Love this, gets me dancing like crazy. Headphones on...dancing in the subway looking like a fool. Damn. Although the demo probably is better music wise this new version is a club banger. Dance! Dance! Dance you fools!

I like it a lot more now than I did on first listen!!

Keeps getting better...

Nope. There is another song that sounds quite a bit like Unbreakable. It isn't Shaq's song.

You guys started liking it, kissing it, hugging it!

It sounds like a Michael-fied version of the song instead of being western-influenced.

That bassline if it was a guitar, would still fit very well in the original version. If I were to do a modern remix, I would have went with something like Wake Me Up by Avicii. Why can't a song be western and modern at the same time?

However, this version does really put a new meaning to the name. It takes you into space. The girl is an alien and she abducted Michael into a new galaxy, which is why she really really didn't want him to leave. :p Joking aside, I do get a space feel, and it's literally taking you to A Place (Outer Space) With No Name.

I really like this version! It's a great techno dance track. I think it's great that we have 2 versions, this new one and the demo MJ made. Though I have to say I find this one a bit more interesting than the demo.

However, America's original is still the best.

This is probably my favorite remix so far. Love never felt so good a close second.

I absolutely love that they are putting out the originals just incase people don't like the remixes.

Back