A Place Without No Name (Stargate 2014) Stream

People prefer....this over the leaked version that had an acoustic guitar? Nah....no way in hell. It was interesting to hear MJ with such instrumental. This new one is in no way as good. It's far from bad though.

So far, I've loved each song that has come out... but this one has left me a bit disappointed. It's lost that signature feel to it that was originally captured by the group America and then Michael continued on with it when he did the demo for it. I LOVE the demo, so I'm just not feeling the techno vibe thing going on with this version. As someone said, the Western feel to it has been lost on this version.

We will have the demo version to enjoy, so I'm very much looking forward to that!

I think each song that has been revealed has been a winner, and this one is meh:bored2:, to me. If none of us had heard the original, we would probably all be much more open to this new version, but since we all had a certain fondness for the original, the feelings of disappointment or lack of being open to a new sound and feel, will be hard to overcome.

I'm glad they tried to go away from sounding like a remake, but this is the wrong direction.
I prefer the original, I love it because Michael's voice takes you on a journey and he is lost in the sounds in this one, I feel.
I think it will grow on me but I'm disappointed because I love the song so much.
I still can't wait for Monday though !!!

I'm glad they tried to go away from sounding like a remake, but this is the wrong direction.
I prefer the original, I love it because Michael's voice takes you on a journey and he is lost in the sounds in this one, I feel.
I think it will grow on me but I'm disappointed because I love the song so much.
I still can't wait for Monday though !!!

I totally agree with what you say.^^^

See if they cut the LMA down a tad, and added some more percussion, it would work. The Chorus's are faultless, but its the verses that dont work
Agreed. The chorus is a killer, dare I say almost better than the original version. It has more punch and variation compared to the original which kinda lacks that.

Not feeling this one. A bit disappointing. Tim could have done much better I think. The vocals are great. It say flowers surrounded by trees right? In the demo it says cars surrounded by trees. Lol. Maybe it will grow on me. I will be happy to have the demo in HQ.

I don't see whats the big deal about it KINDA being similar to LMA.
The demo isn't KINDA similar to A Horse With No Name, it IS essentially the same song with different words.

I like the track, people are just bashing it for no reason on this LMA type thing. You can't say MJ didn't somewhat reuse ideas, lyrics or melodies. He did. ABC lyrics in Work That Body? Smooth Criminal video is related to YRMW. etc etc etc

I think this version is not bad. I was very surprised how different it sounds from the original, but I think that is a good thing. I thought Michael stayed too close to the original for my taste, but I do adore the demo. I'm happy to have both versions. The new version is a grower though. By the third verse I was into it. His voice was commanding and then it was over. It definitely has a Leave Me Alone 2.0 feel, but that doesn't really bother me.

Really like this remix and at the same time I can imagine why others might not like it. But I am curious to see how the public will react to this.

I hate this remix, really. I love Michael's version, it was for me like classic song with wonderful atmosphere. And now? I don't know what I can say - [...]started crying

Listen to smooth criminal, bad, the way wou make me feel, they don'care about us etc.
they all starts with instant recognicable beats.
Mj has always been about fresh sounds and original beats.
This one fits just like a glove in Mj's repetoir.
Love it!!! :)

Last edited:
For a lot of people there will be more disappointments in the up coming days as other already leaked songs will be released.. Too bad because it brings the mood down for the excited people

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I know you haven't met (or remember) me but my name is Jeff and I'm a hardcore fan from Rhode Island, USA :cheeky:

I'll post an intro thread where it's appropriate but for now I have one thing to say about the new "A Place With No Name": Holy triangle sample, Batman. It's not even a solid tone within in key (which shows it might even be a real triangle) **imagining Michael singing this with a triangle in his hand going -TINK- every 16 measures** like, c'mon. When's the minus triangle edit coming out? I would have preferred claves every 16 measures. Way more mysterious.

I got beef with this triangle.

zeb3000;3998909 said:
Listen to smooth criminal, bad, the way wou make me feel, they don'care about us etc.
This ome fits just like a glove in Mj's repetoir.

Helt rätt! Ser fram emot att lyssna på den och alla andra låtar den 9:eek:nde :)

... I love it 0_0. I hated it before, but I had to detatch myself from the original demo... I really really like this version.

This is a friggin' banger! I love it! I don't know why people say it's a completely different track, it really isn't all that much different. Like someone said this has more punch and flare to it and brings the vocals front and center! This will lit the clubs on fire and I wouldn't mind if they make it a single - it's not aggressive and it's very danceable.

This ome fits just like a glove in Mj's repetoir.

True, but the one on this new mix, isn't original in it's own right. It sounds almost identical to the beginning of Leave Me Alone, like JUST LIKE IT. That's what I first thought when I heard this. This is the first song from this album that I've heard that I'm not really all that impressed by, I prefer the original.

True, but the one on this new mix, isn't original in it's own right. It sounds almost identical to the beginning of Leave Me Alone, like JUST LIKE IT. That's what I first thought when I heard this. This is the first song from this album that I've heard that I'm not really all that impressed by, I prefer the original.
It's also the first song that you heard the (complete) demo beforehand. LNFSG was unfinished, and the rest are brand new a lot of us. You need to put it into context. Detach yourself from heard before hand and just listen to it. It's funky!

It's also the first song that you heard the (complete) demo beforehand. LNFSG was unfinished, and the rest are brand new a lot of us. You need to put it into context. Detach yourself from heard before hand and just listen to it. It's funky!

Uhh, not really. And that's hardly a reason to explain why the instrumentation sounds like they borrowed heavily from Leave Me Alone. I don't have to detach myself from anything, because a group of people feel like all fans must like this song and the simple reason we don't like it is because "we've heard the complete demo prior", that's non-sense. LNFSG was in demo form, the new mix takes from that demo and I like both of them, the solo mix better though. This just borrows too much for my liking, I don't like that aspect of it, and I don't like how they layered Michael's vocals for the chorus. I prefer the original demo over this mix and I feel like this mix is the worse of all the "modernized" songs we've heard so far. Simple as that.

Good, but I still can't get over the double negative (just kidding). I enjoyed this as a song on its own not having any relation to the original. It's nice they could diverge from the original so much and still come up with a classic MJ sounding song.

Back