Akon covers Wanna Be Startin' Something

ALSO: Michael knows what it means for someone to hear something so kind by MICHAEL JACKSON..

I mean he STILL to this day talks about what Fred Estair said to him about Motown 25.

To Akon, Chris Brown, Justin Timberlake hearing a praise from Michael it means the same as Michael hearing something like that from Fred Estair or James Brown.

He knows it will impact them forever.

I've just got the full version of this tune.

I can share if you would like but not sure if i am allowed.

Mods can u let me know if im allowed and if people want it i'll put it on.

Thanks

As long as it's not an unofficially release MJ song, I say go for it. ^_^

I like the full version better - the bass keyboards
and percussion sound great and Im not big Akon fan
but his cover is very good ..

Is this an Akon single officially released or is this a leak ??

And why are people stating this is part of MJ's 25th Thriller
Does Mike release songs off his albums in this manner ?????

Last edited:
Full Mp3 of the Song can be downloaded from here:

*link removed

Last edited by a moderator:
undoubtedly,Akon is one of the most successful and bankable singers of today. it doesn't ,however, make him a great artist. the trouble with remakes such as WBSS is, one cannot help but make a comparison with the original artist's interpretation. sad to say, Akon fell short. his rendition is well..bland. in fact too bland for my taste. His version does not generate the excitement and energy that go with MJ's. simply put, he should not have revived the song at all bec. he risks being measured and definitely MJ is not ur ordinary artist!

Akon sells. good for him but he is better off with his songs:p

ALSO: Michael knows what it means for someone to hear something so kind by MICHAEL JACKSON..

I mean he STILL to this day talks about what Fred Estair said to him about Motown 25.

To Akon, Chris Brown, Justin Timberlake hearing a praise from Michael it means the same as Michael hearing something like that from Fred Estair or James Brown.

He knows it will impact them forever.
Unlike Michael, Fred wasnt telling lies!!! :lol:

i know i shld put this issue to rest as i have already said my piece but i feel i did Akon an injustice by outrightly nixing his cover of MiJac's Wannabe Starting Something. I listened to the full version 3 times already and I must say that, surprisingly, it is in fact good! He did a respectable take. Listen to it again and notice the sexy,seductive opening. And with Akon's sleek,smooth voice, it gave the song an entirely new flavor! Incidentally, a website almost confirmed that it is indeed a cut from Thriller (25th Anniv. Edition). The single is produced by Akon.

i know i shld put this issue to rest as i have already said my piece but i feel i did Akon an injustice by outrightly nixing his cover of MiJac's Wannabe Starting Something. I listened to the full version 3 times already and I must say that, surprisingly, it is in fact good! He did a respectable take. Listen to it again and notice the sexy,seductive opening. And with Akon's sleek,smooth voice, it gave the song an entirely new flavor! Incidentally, a website almost confirmed that it is indeed a cut from Thriller (25th Anniv. Edition). The single is produced by Akon.

i totally agree with you :)

i'm curious to see what unrealesed tracks Michael will put on Thriller 25;-)

I don't even have to listen to it (plus I couldn't cuz the video is gone) and I know that it sucks. aCorn needs to stay away from michael and his music, if it's one person who don't need to cover or duet with mike it's him.

I was this :eek: when michael said that aCorn was a good artist in Ebony. Okay michael now tell us how you really feel :lol:.

i am no akon fan either but i think it is not fair to comment on something one has not listened to yet. while i understand that we all are a little biased towards Michael and his music, i think it is best to give Akon's music the benefit of the doubt. if , indeed, mike and akon worked on a project together (thriller 25th anniv. album)then even just out of respect for michael and his choice of the people he trusted to make his alleged upcoming album, withholding judgment until we have listened to akon's cover wud be the right thing.

Back