Amsterdam fashion week inspired by Michael Jackson (video on page 2)

MJsJelly

Proud Member
Amsterdam fashion week inspired by Michael Jackson

I think this pic reminds me of someone :) Isn't that cool? I accidentally came across it

From designer Sherida Augustin

source:http://www.mixitup.nl/gallery/202/amsterdam_fashion_week_-_catwalk_show_sherida_augustin

I translated the article. I hope my English is not too bad. Don't laugh at me when you see some mistakes :laugh:

Friday 25 Januari Amsterdam International Fashion Week. Sherida Augustin presents Autumn/Winter 2008/2009.

The theme of the show from upcoming fashion designer Sherida Augustin was totally inspired by the best selling artist of all time: Michael Jackson. Although the self proclaimed King of Pop is not in the spotlight anymore, his influence on the new generation stars like Justin Timerlake, Ne-Yo and Usher is seen more than ever.
He already had a great influence on the fashion industry in his most successful period and now it is being a great base theme in the new collection of Sherida Augustin.
The young designer was inspired by Jackson’s well known leather jackets, glitters and other typical characteristics of the world famous artist.

Sherida gives her own twist to her third collection to the Jackson style from the ’80. “I worked with angular perspective which creates a futuristic effect. Molded hoods made angular and many triangle shapes are being used in the collection,” according to Sherida.
Next to the clearly Michael Jackson jackets we also saw a lot of a symmetric shapes in the collection, mainly existing out of silk, wool and leather. Sherida combines wide shaped street wear items with super tight tops, jeans and leggings and we even saw a few jack-ups a la the King of Pop. The main use of colors were black and electric blue, in combination with much glitter and white accents. The styling was finished up with typical Michael Jackson accents like the white tape around the fingers, the hat and even the surgical mask from the recent Michael Jackson, but then worked up ‘Sherida’s style’ in a (hoodie??).

Last edited:
Re: Amsterdam fashion week inspired by Michael Jackson

Yes, definately MJ. They have the single glove, the tapes on fingures the Thriller Jacket the white socks and black shoes as well as the fedora. Definately MJ. Why is this not on the main newspage?

Last edited:
Re: Fashion house has the Mj fevour

^^ No probs. :yes: Is it just the one pic tho' or are there more to come. :huh::smile:

mj should copyright his style lol theres other models dressed up like him aswell on that site

Last edited:

^^ No probs. :yes: Is it just the one pic tho' or are there more to come. :huh::smile:
It's the entire show. You have to click on the url cause I don't know how to upload it. There are about 16 models, both male and female.:D

mj should copyright his style lol theres other models dressed up like him aswell on that site
True.Do you remember the russian designer who did a whole show based on MJ's style. I think MJ gets ripped off for his style all the time, cause people do not give him credit for it.,^_^

Last edited:

Maybe someone who is good at this sort of thing can upload the pictures, I tried but failed.

Last edited:

It's the entire show. You have to click on the url cause I don't know how to upload it. There are about 16 models, both male and female.:D

Thanx! Just seen them! :wild: Loving the 'smooth criminal' inspired ones too. Also the 'whole face cover dress' pretty bold! Tried to upload but its not working for me :(

Can someone see if they can upload the pics please. :D

doesn't everyone know these outfita are based off of mj???

Last edited:

I so love the one with the mask. I think it was ace. They should have brought out the umbrellas too.

^^ the one with the mask added :)
Oh my god. I loved it. They did give him credit after all and the played a mix of his music, including Thriller. This is like the icing on the cake for MJ. I hope it was in celebration of Thriller. Only MJ could do such a thing.:p

That was absolutely wonderful! How many other artist have an entire fashion show dedicated to their style AND music?

I enjoyed every minute of that video clip, thank you for posting it. (When I get home, I'm gonna watch it again. LOL!)

Michael's presence seems to be in quite a few fashion shows :)

Last edited:
I russian designer did one about a year ago. I was trying to find it. It was pretty good as well.

Last edited:
I think this pic reminds me of someone :) Isn't that cool? I accidentally came across it

From designer Sherida Augustin

source:http://www.mixitup.nl/gallery/202/amsterdam_fashion_week_-_catwalk_show_sherida_augustin

I translated the article. I hope my English is not too bad. Don't laugh at me when you see some mistakes :laugh:

Friday 25 Januari Amsterdam International Fashion Week. Sherida Augustin presents Autumn/Winter 2008/2009.

The theme of the show from upcoming fashion designer Sherida Augustin was totally inspired by the best selling artist of all time: Michael Jackson. Although the self proclaimed King of Pop is not in the spotlight anymore, his influence on the new generation stars like Justin Timerlake, Ne-Yo and Usher is seen more than ever.
He already had a great influence on the fashion industry in his most successful period and now it is being a great base theme in the new collection of Sherida Augustin.
The young designer was inspired by Jackson’s well known leather jackets, glitters and other typical characteristics of the world famous artist.

Sherida gives her own twist to her third collection to the Jackson style from the ’80. “I worked with angular perspective which creates a futuristic effect. Molded hoods made angular and many triangle shapes are being used in the collection,” according to Sherida.
Next to the clearly Michael Jackson jackets we also saw a lot of a symmetric shapes in the collection, mainly existing out of silk, wool and leather. Sherida combines wide shaped street wear items with super tight tops, jeans and leggings and we even saw a few jack-ups a la the King of Pop. The main use of colors were black and electric blue, in combination with much glitter and white accents. The styling was finished up with typical Michael Jackson accents like the white tape around the fingers, the hat and even the surgical mask from the recent Michael Jackson, but then worked up ‘Sherida’s style’ in a (hoodie??).
You did very well thank you very much. They could have left out the 'self proclaimed' though.:D

Back