Announcement: Hollywood Tonight – Second Single - Announcement From Sony Page 26

czechstar;3214453 said:
OMG, I can't believe that any serious MJ fans would want Monster released. Are you insane? It sounds NOTHING like him...!

Please GOD why can't people accept that whether or not you believe the vocals are fake, whether or not there is a "conspiracy", whether or not the vocals have been auto-tuned or f*&^*&^ with beyond comprehension, this song is NOT the Michael Jackson we know and love.

How come him singing into a dictaphone at the start of one song is clearly him and no one questions it, but Monster is a f&%&% joke.

IT IS NOT MICHAEL. Why can't people get it??!?!?!

Speak for yourself, you don't represent the entire fanbase, nor do you represent the majority of this forum. People like Monster, not just fan's but the mainstream audience, some of us think it's Michael, and so far there has been nothing that proves otherwise. Best you can do is deal with it, and stop questioning whether we're "real fans" or not.

Am I the only one who thinks I Like the Way How You Lovin Me is better than Best of Joy?

smooth_criminal05;3214632 said:
Monster is the 3rd single I'm told. Sony is going to take the chance and release it anyway. Expect it out in May or June at the latest. Depends on performance of HT.

This post make it sound like that lame-ass song is going to be a single but it also will be not. May or may not. Will be but will not be. Either way, you will be right. You got yourself covered with these statements. As usual. :cheeky:

^ I don't appreciate the sarcasm. I was told directly that they plan to release Monster as the third single. It was initially planned as the 2nd single but they thought some fans would need time to cool off so HT would be a better choice for now. The details are all being finalized as to what countries are going to have the single. The single style for HT will be different than HMH. Expect it to go to radio first and based on that response it will determine the date of the I-tunes release, etc. They are taking a more "take it by ear" approach opposed to the shock and awe approach used for HMH. Monster is slated as the 3rd and final single from the album.

^^^^

3rd and final?

WHAT A JOKE !!!

PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER SONY!! If only 3 singles are released - AD og BTM should be 3rd single. maybe with BOJ on the CD single too.

Monster is the 3rd single I'm told. Sony is going to take the chance and release it anyway. Expect it out in May or June at the latest. Depends on performance of HT.

WOW!!! This is GREAT NEWS! I wanted Monster to be the second single, but I am happy it will be the third one! :clapping:

i also like monster alot, and i dont like people saying im stupid because i like it alot. it is michael in so many ways, and i think it will do good for all music loves who are non specific michael fans..

:D so hoping that the clips and releases will be big and announcent big

You and your source have been wrong too many times before so I decided not to believe this. It is ok for me to release Monster, but there are at least 2 better songs on the album.. Another Day and Behind The Mask should be released before Monster. I don't believe that there will be only 3 singles either.. Sony/Estate told us in official statement that they have plans to promote Michael through 1/2 of 2011. so I think that there will be 2 more singles after Hollywood.

'shock and awe' approach of HMH? I must have been on another planet when that happened!
I was hoping that monster wouldn't be released, all the cascio tracks are embarrassing cliched caricatures of previous real mj songs. An absolute disgrace. Gutted that they won't go quietly into the good night.
I love hollywood tonight though and hope it does well. I won't hold my breath though because i won't be in the least suprised if sony **** up the promotion of this too.

smooth_criminal05;3214696 said:
^ I don't appreciate the sarcasm. I was told directly that they plan to release Monster as the third single. It was initially planned as the 2nd single but they thought some fans would need time to cool off so HT would be a better choice for now. The details are all being finalized as to what countries are going to have the single. The single style for HT will be different than HMH. Expect it to go to radio first and based on that response it will determine the date of the I-tunes release, etc. They are taking a more "take it by ear" approach opposed to the shock and awe approach used for HMH. Monster is slated as the 3rd and final single from the album.

Thanks for the update Smooth! However, I really question Sony's strategy regarding both Monster and HT.

For Monster, the fans who strongly object to this song are not going to feel any different about it in a few months. You can bet they will be back in full force when and if this song is ever released. The other concern is that the debate over the vocals has been pretty much limited to Michael's core fans and family to this point. The situation could REALLY blow up if the general public gets fully involved. This could be an absolute disaster for Sony/the Estate. In my opinion, the ONLY way they could successfully release this song is if they can provide more concrete evidence regarding its authenticity. A press statement or interview is simply not enough. Personally, I'm very torn with this song. From a commercial standpoint, it could really help the album and would make an awesome video as some fans have already done. But, just too many risks in IMO based on the evidence we have.

For HT, I really do not agree with their "take it by ear" approach. To me, this is the entire problem with the planning and execution of this project so far which has been more reactive than proactive. As there is no controversy with this song and it fully features MJ (unlike HMH), I think it has good chance for success. I really wish they would take a more proactive approach similar to how Britney's most recent song has been handled. Based on this "take it by ear" approach, I would also doubt if they are actively working on a video concept for the song. A great video featuring a celebrity like Gaga, Britney or Beyoncé could really help generate airplay and sales, not the other way around.

Given the performance of the album in the US and UK so far and declining sales in some other markets, Sony/the Estate really need to get their act together in a hurry. This is no time to take a "wait and see" approach or to stir up more controversy unless they can back it up.

Last edited:
smooth_criminal05;3214696 said:

As I don't appreciate people who love creating expectations from fans (leaving a lot disappointed most of the time) but can't stand by their statements. Hey, if you have a source, then you have a source. Just be definite. None of this so-called news with "it depends..." or "but it can change..." at the end. Does not help at all. So now you say Monster's definitely the 3rd single. Good. So now we'll just have to find out. And lol @ "shock and awe" approach to HMH... Sony did shock and awe us with the truly lousy way they handled MJ's first ever posthumous release.

mjjesamor;3214936 said:
'shock and awe' approach of HMH? I must have been on another planet when that happened!

More like 'dazed and confused' IMO. :)

mjjesamor;3214936 said:
I won't hold my breath though because i won't be in the least suprised if sony **** up the promotion of this too.

I wont be surprised either, as i havent heard anything bout this on the radio or tv at all. I only found out bout HWT being a single was in here on mjjc.

Monster as a single?

Noooo dear god nooooo

imager.php

That's it Michael. Run, get out of there!

^
Yeah. The only thing so far is a press release directing people to download the album version of the song which has been available for months. A press release is NOT a promotion! It reminds of the statement Sony released during the second week of 'Michael' to tell everyone about the 3M units they shipped instead of actually doing something to sell these units. Very frustrating!

Monster and that's it?? Nooooooo. That song has a good beat but that's it.Nothing special. Behind the Mask even though it's a song written in the 80' it still sound fresh today. That means that is a unique song that has a possibility of being a timeless hit. Who is working in this project man?? They keep making one bad decision after the other.

Why do you assault SmoothCriminal05?
He shares what he's been told though he could keep it to himself if he wanted!
As far as Best Of Joy is concerned we have to be realistic. It's a very sweet and loving song among the fans and we love it but I don't think that the general public would receive it with the same emotions. It's just too sweet and joyful for nowadays music. Unfortunately they receive "tough" songs better since there is no quality in the music industry anymore. I think that Monster will be received better because it's a powerful song with lyrics that are food to thought. Same for Behind The Mask!
Just my opinion.

kasi;3215163 said:
Monster and that's it?? Nooooooo. That song has a good beat but that's it.Nothing special. Behind the Mask even though it's a song written in the 80' it still sound fresh today. That means that is a unique song that has a possibility of being a timeless hit. Who is working in this project man?? They keep making one bad decision after the other.

Yeah and Behind The Mask has a good beat AND great melody.

analogue;3215144 said:
Monster as a single?

Noooo dear god nooooo

imager.php

That's it Michael. Run, get out of there!

Thanks God that there is people whop think like you
Monster is really an awful song

Hollywood tonight is such unbelievable song that makes you feel flying.

I think HT is the song which can save the album provided ‘they’ promote it with an amazing music video (with surprises)

You've made all of that up.

Originally Posted by czechstar View Post
OMG, I can't believe that any serious MJ fans would want Monster released. Are you insane? It sounds NOTHING like him...!
Please GOD why can't people accept that whether or not you believe the vocals are fake, whether or not there is a "conspiracy", whether or not the vocals have been auto-tuned or f*&^*&^ with beyond comprehension, this song is NOT the Michael Jackson we know and love.
How come him singing into a dictaphone at the start of one song is clearly him and no one questions it, but Monster is a f&%&% joke.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF

Just because you are tone deaf, and cannot hear any note Michael sings,
then dont expect everybody else to be like that,
We cannot help you, unfortunately, if you buy into all your conspiracy theories
The world is not as strange as some people want it to be,
and Sony would not pay over 600 Million dollar just to fool the public

Oh btw. no one wants to listen to some random guy talking over Hollywood Tonight.

Last edited:
Monster is Fantastic...those who disagree are in denial...

I can't believe people are still attacking Smooth. Some of ya'll are just haters for the hell of it.

zacky89;3215382 said:

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF

Oh btw. no one wants to listen to some random guy talking over Hollywood Tonight.

I don't think it's very fair of you to call someone who has concerns about the vocals tone deaf. Moreover, you don't have to believe in a conspiracy to feel that there is something "off" about these vocals for whatever the reason (legitmate or otherwise).

loka;3215407 said:
Monster is Fantastic...those who disagree are in denial...

I don't like it and I've never even been to a river in Egypt.

zacky89;3215382 said:

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF

Okie dokie... I'm officially tone deaf. :smilerolleyes:

Tony R;3215424 said:
I don't like it and I've never even been to a river in Egypt.

:punk::punk::punk:

Back