Do you suffer from anxiety/depression?

• no

Votes: 21 17.2%
  • yes

Votes: 101 82.8%

• Total voters

DancingMjsdream

Proud Member
I have battled anxiety and depression.. Of course goes in spirts.. coming from a health nerd here, never forget that emotions correlate with the bodies chemistry.. This means there are ways to help with proper natural over the counter vitamins/supplement..

everyone dealing with depression is also dealing with a hormonal imbalance! if you attack it with that approach, you can find SOME help.. no magic potion, but helps.

Yeah i heard that too and I guess I should give it a go.I wasn't really out for months (i really hate winter) and I'm sure I have a lack of vitamin D or something.I am tired,pale, I have anxiety attacks.This is new to me and I hope i will find a solution.I'm not sure if I am depressed though.Maybe I'm just really sad and exhausted.

Last edited:
M

Michaels Lover

Yeah i heard that too and I guess I should give it a go.I wasn't really out for months (i really hate winter) and I'm sure I have a lack of vitamin D or something.I am tired,pale, I have anxiety attacks.This is new to me and I hope i will find a solution.I'm not sure if I am depressed though.Maybe I'm just really sad and exhausted.

Go to your doctor to find out if you have lack of Vitamin D. It is very important as it can affect you in a way that makes you feel depressed. As you say yourself, you're not sure if you're depressed. It could be because of lack of vitamin D. I would go to the doctor ASAP if I were you

DancingMjsdream

Proud Member
Go to your doctor to find out if you have lack of Vitamin D. It is very important as it can affect you in a way that makes you feel depressed. As you say yourself, you're not sure if you're depressed. It could be because of lack of vitamin D. I would go to the doctor ASAP if I were you

I have already had a blood test. Everything seems to be fine, I have just a bit of iron deficiency.My doctor gave me some pills. But now I have done some research and I am sure that I have a lack of Vitamin D, too.But they didn't test that, you have to pay for it extra in Germany.So I guess I should save some money because I really want to know.

SmoothGangsta

Proud Member
I have suffered both anxiety and depression. Thankfully I'm mostly fine now , getting a job really helped me with both of those things.

8701girl

Proud Member
One of the problems i had when i was in my bad depression stage was i had thyroid problems and it was one of the reasons i felt tired alot

bluemoon7

Proud Member
DancingMjsdream;4188865 said:
I have already had a blood test. Everything seems to be fine, I have just a bit of iron deficiency.My doctor gave me some pills. But now I have done some research and I am sure that I have a lack of Vitamin D, too.But they didn't test that, you have to pay for it extra in Germany.So I guess I should save some money because I really want to know.

Yeah, ... I had it tested. It was quiteexpensive IMO and the Vitamin supplements were even more expensive.But I´m glad I did the test - Came out I had SEVERE lack of VitaminD. Because of this severe lack, I could have tried to get the moneyback from insurance, but I was too tired to do so at that time.

Supplementing for me is obviously important, but it did not help combat mydepression specifically.

DancingMjsdream

Proud Member
moonstruck87;4191185 said:
Yeah, ... I had it tested. It was quiteexpensive IMO and the Vitamin supplements were even more expensive.But I´m glad I did the test - Came out I had SEVERE lack of VitaminD. Because of this severe lack, I could have tried to get the moneyback from insurance, but I was too tired to do so at that time.

Supplementing for me is obviously important, but it did not help combat mydepression specifically.

I think there are just too many factors that can cause depressions.I think it's important to try out different things and to see what helps.I doubt that there's only one solution to a problem :)

8701girl

Proud Member
I have been taking valerian tablets to help me sleep.....although they dont seem to be helping and i think they are supplement tablets????

KOPV

Proud Member
higher dosage of Vit D is definitely a start Dancingmj.... that will help with lowering cortisol levels and freeing up some testosterone which the combo of the two aid in mood help.. I'd say start off with a multi vit., Vit D, Vit B2 & 6, and st johnsworth!! these will create a combo that should have at the very least some effect..

Some foods that will help too:
Eggs/almonds/salmon/coconut oil/broccoli just to name a few..

A couple other natural things I recommend: Fish oil, 5-HTP.. Even melatonin and gaba before bed...

Those who are feeling down, I suggest going on a lower carb diet, keeping in some good healthy fats and protein.. This will help balance your hormones, give your brain energy which in turn will help support better moods.

DancingMjsdream

Proud Member
higher dosage of Vit D is definitely a start Dancingmj.... that will help with lowering cortisol levels and freeing up some testosterone which the combo of the two aid in mood help.. I'd say start off with a multi vit., Vit D, Vit B2 & 6, and st johnsworth!! these will create a combo that should have at the very least some effect..

Some foods that will help too:
Eggs/almonds/salmon/coconut oil/broccoli just to name a few..

A couple other natural things I recommend: Fish oil, 5-HTP.. Even melatonin and gaba before bed...

Those who are feeling down, I suggest going on a lower carb diet, keeping in some good healthy fats and protein.. This will help balance your hormones, give your brain energy which in turn will help support better moods.

Thank you KOPV!
I really want to eat more healthy in general, but it's so hard with my familiy.They are sugar monsters and they don't understand it at all.I have to buy all the good stuff myself lol

KOPV

Proud Member
^ Do you know the primary cause of depression? have it be stress, traumatic event(s) or? If it's stress related there are also calming things like eucalyptus, which comes in so many forms (incense , lotions, tea).. This lowers stress and anxiety!

DancingMjsdream

Proud Member
To be honest, I believe it was caused by my OCD. The last few months my mind was forcing me to have some really terrible thoughts.I've started to confront my fears and I believe it gets better.

But of course these negative thoughts had an effect on me,it probably caused my depression.My life has changed so much in the last few months and i'm trying to get out of the vicious circle.
There weren't really traumatizing events in my life (At least I don't see them as traumatizing) but it might be possible that my mind is confronting me with things of the past I haven't dealt with.

But i can't tell my parents, they are not the kind of people who believe in these kind of problems,they have to 'see' it.

I have nobody to talk to if I think about it.
But I believe in a healthy lifestyle and positive thoughts, I'm working on it but it's so hard at times.

mjsoldier

Proud Member
Dear Mj-Fam,

After reading some posts, I decided to tell some of my past with depression ...
I am 23 years old and was a couple times in outpatient and inpatient therapy since I was 8 years old ...
The first therapist made a diagnosis with anxiety disorder, depressions and social phobia. In my opinion, it was because I was bullied at school.
This happens when you are small and thin. The school time was hell. Later came some suicide thoughts and the therapists gave me anti-depressants.
I took those pills until I was 20 years old. These included mirtazapine, citalopram and some neruoleptics. Since I do not take these tablets, it is at least better.
I am still in ambulatory therapy, but you can only help yourself, because today it is difficult to get a good therapist ...

Well, since i'm a little Child i am very high sensitive. And this is a thing i have to live with, but my experience is and was that medics only destroy your mind
and your own personality. And a lot of therapist try to catch you away from your family and so on...

I hope that i will find someday a way out of the isolation..

But at least i am so thankfull that Michael is in my life... he is the only thing which really can make me smile and helps me out to feeling better in bad times...

greetings from germany
-mjsoldier

DancingMjsdream

Proud Member
Dear Mj-Fam,

After reading some posts, I decided to tell some of my past with depression ...
I am 23 years old and was a couple times in outpatient and inpatient therapy since I was 8 years old ...
The first therapist made a diagnosis with anxiety disorder, depressions and social phobia. In my opinion, it was because I was bullied at school.
This happens when you are small and thin. The school time was hell. Later came some suicide thoughts and the therapists gave me anti-depressants.
I took those pills until I was 20 years old. These included mirtazapine, citalopram and some neruoleptics. Since I do not take these tablets, it is at least better.
I am still in ambulatory therapy, but you can only help yourself, because today it is difficult to get a good therapist ...

Well, since i'm a little Child i am very high sensitive. And this is a thing i have to live with, but my experience is and was that medics only destroy your mind
and your own personality. And a lot of therapist try to catch you away from your family and so on...

I hope that i will find someday a way out of the isolation..

But at least i am so thankfull that Michael is in my life... he is the only thing which really can make me smile and helps me out to feeling better in bad times...

greetings from germany
-mjsoldier

Hey! Thanks for sharing your story!
I hope you're doing well right now.

Greetings from Germany :)P)

DancingMjsdream

Proud Member
Today I have talked to my sister about my anxiety attacks and my OCD and it was very relieving. She knows how hard it is to talk to our parents about it but she insisted that I need help and that she will talk to them. I don't know what's going to happen now but i hope i will feel better soon.

KOPV

Proud Member
^ Im glad you had a talk with your sister and it went so well!! You mentioned that you don't have someone to talk to so it's nice to know you had that relieving feeling with that conversation.. I'd say let her have this initial talk with your parents and keep your mind off of that interaction - that would only stress you out more.. Your sister has your back and let the pressure you feel rest in her hands for now. She will share with you how it goes.. There could be a more open response than you expect ;)

DancingMjsdream

Proud Member
^ Im glad you had a talk with your sister and it went so well!! You mentioned that you don't have someone to talk to so it's nice to know you had that relieving feeling with that conversation.. I'd say let her have this initial talk with your parents and keep your mind off of that interaction - that would only stress you out more.. Your sister has your back and let the pressure you feel rest in her hands for now. She will share with you how it goes.. There could be a more open response than you expect ;)

Thank you :)

It really helps to talk to someone. I always thought people wouldn't understand my problems but she was so supportive.

MJsBollywoodGirl7

Proud Member
Thank you :)

It really helps to talk to someone. I always thought people wouldn't understand my problems but she was so supportive.

You are so lucky that you have someone to talk to. I so wish I did. But ever since what happen to Michael not a single person in my life. Preferably my mother and that husband of hers. Has never once been very understanding of my depression and why I need video/computer games so much now. My video/computer game obsession only started after what happened to Michael. Since video/computer games is really the only thing that I have that has help me cope with my depression. I can't believe how much my mother and her husband tends to forget that all the years when we still have Michael. Sims 2 was the only game I really had an obsession for. Since being an MJ fan was way more important than on playing video games. But now ever since what happened to Michael. I am obsessed with nearly all sorts of video/computer games. Bollywood used to help me too. I am still obsessed over Bollywood. But now it has gotten harder for me. Especially knowing the fact that this July there will be a Bollywood movie coming out called Munna Michael. Where the main actor in that movie plays a character who is a hardcore MJ fan. Who also totally idolised him. As you can see I am not looking forward to July at all. I mean it is bad enough that they had made an MJ related movie 3 years ago called Bang Bang. Now they are doing this to me again. Well it is one Bollywood movie that I won't see. Even though some of my favourite actors are in that movie. When you are someone who is still suffering from horrible depression of what happened to Michael. The very last thing you want to hear about is a movie that is about someone who is a hardcore MJ fan. Which is something I used to be. But now thanks to that mother fcking ahole by doing what he did. It is now only on life support.:( And I can only almost handle listening to Michael 1 or 2 days out of the entire year. And even that is a little too much for me.:boohoo

KOPV

Proud Member
^ Please take this the way I mean it when I ask - have you considering counseling? They really can help if you find a well trained and intuitive person to speak with. I believe everybody could actually benefit from a GOOD therapist.

MJsBollywoodGirl7

Proud Member
^ Please take this the way I mean it when I ask - have you considering counseling? They really can help if you find a well trained and intuitive person to speak with. I believe everybody could actually benefit from a GOOD therapist.

I have been seeing a therapist but to me it is not helping. Have been for over 2 years now. How am I suppose to get over my depression. When I am always seeing something or someone usually on tv that relates to him in some way. Like seeing people that once knew him. I try to keep the tv off as much as possible. So I don't have to see them. But it is really hard when you are trying to watch a program that I want to see. And they end up showing a commercial that has someone that once knew him in that commercial. And I really hate seeing or hearing people that once knew. Because it is not fair that they got to know him and I didn't. And that was my most biggest dream ever was to meet him one day. I can't even look at my senior year book anymore. Since one of the kids in my school had wrote in it. Good luck on marrying Michael Jackson. Because they knew about the obsession I had over Michael back then. Ever since I was 12 years old I had always consider Michael as the love of my life. He was literally my soul mate because of how much we had in common. There is litterally no MJ fan in this entire world. That has as many things in common as I did with him. Now thanks to what that fcking ahole did. I literally feel like his widow now.:boohoo And another thing it is just not seeing people on tv that once knew him. But to see advertisements for music awards shows is just as worst. What the hell is the fcking point of having a music award show. When the most greatest singer that you ever have in your country. Is never going to be a part of it in some way ever again. I don't want to see all of these no talent singers getting these music awards. I want to see real talented singers getting those awards. Not singers who only thinks they are talented singers when they really are not. Which is why I don't bother watching those award shows anymore. But unfortunately I am force to live in a country that has almost no more truly great talented singers left. And another thing it really hurts me now when I have to hear about celebrity news stories. As well as seeing advertisements for them. It is a constant horrible reminder of how I am never going to hear about the latest news stories about Michael ever again. And it is nearly impossible to try to avoid these celebrity news programs. When you have probably about a dozen of them on American tv. Back when we still had him I was always constantly taping the most latest news stories about Michael. You should see all the MJ related news stories I have on video tapes. Some of them dates back to 1993. Because I had this obsession of wanting to tape everything that was MJ related. Good or bad it did not matter to me. Now it just hurts like beyond hell that all that MJ related videos that I had either bought or taped. Is now in the computer room closet collecting dust. Never ever to be watch again by me.:( :boohoo Thanks to that mother fcking ahole I realized now the most biggest mistake I ever made was becoming a MJ fan. I totally wish now that I never became one. But if you are an 80s child like I am. You are not going to know any better. As an MJ fan yourself you know how huge of a star Michael was back then.

Last edited:

KOPV

Proud Member
^ I understand that looking away from what hurts becomes easier than facing it but the true only way to get through something is not running from the pain but running through it.. It's not easy, there's times that you'll question it, uncomforts will give you thoughts of 'hell no, I'm not doing this'.. but to get some type of healing, you have to allow the pain.. There is healing in tears, often not dealing with pain masks itself as getting over things but it's not.. I know you'd love to be in the position to enjoy Michaels music, videos, performances again and not just feel pain when you do.. To allow the joy that emotes from Michaels essence will take courage from you to fight through it... He left the legacy behind (he knew he would not be here forever) for people like you and I to enjoy, not feel pain..

Let his art speak to you as he wished... and as you desire!

It wont be easy, but run through the pain instead of from it.. I promise on the other side - there is a lot to enjoy...

MJsBollywoodGirl7

Proud Member
I think I understand what you are saying. But I forgot to mention in my post about the horrific MJ related vivid nightmares that I am still suffering from. And to make it worst I am still haunted by the horrific vivid nightmares I had of him. All during that first horrible summer without him. And all the years when we still had him. It was extremely rare that I would have a nightmare. Especially ones that was about him. Now thanks to what that fcking ahole has done. Not only do I still suffer from those horrific nightmares about Michael. I also have horrible insomnia now. I haven't known what it is like to have a good night's worth of sleep. Since right before I heard the most horrible news ever about Michael. And the one thing I used to always do almost every single night was spending a few hours of watching and listening to Michael. That what always gave me good sleep at night. Because I knew I will be having another really amazing MJ dream. Now those amazing MJ dreams have been turn in to horrific vivid nightmares. If you had the kind of vivid nightmares that I have ever since what happen to him. Then you will understand more. Some of those vivid MJ nightmares had cause me to wake up crying and shaking uncontrollably. And I was forced to stay awake for the rest of the night. And there that one nightmare I had a few months ago where Michael's kids got nearly blown up inside the building they were in. I still don't know what made me have a nightmare like that. But I did have it. And not only that I was 3 times suicidal during that first horrible year without him. I am not anymore thanks to that obsession I started to have with video/computer games. As well as my obsession of wanting to watch Bollywood revenge movies. I tell you Bollywood really knows how to make the best revenge movies. Especially movies like Rakht Charitra and Anjaam. The 2010 movie Rakht Charitra is a real blood bath of revenge killings. And just to make that movie even better it was base on a true story that happen in India. And then there is the 1994 movie Anjaam. Which is definitely my most favorite revenge killing movie. I just so totally love how Shivani Chopra got her revenge on the 4 people that destroyed her happy life. And to have the song Pratighat Ki Jwala playing as she is getting her revenge makes those revenge scenes even more perfect. I really love what she did to that evil female cop and her evil money hungry brother-in-law in the movie. It is what she did to them is what I would so totally love to do to that evil ahole. He totally destroyed my h word life that I once had. It still really angers and sickens me to no fcking end that ahole did not get the death penalty for what he has done. Only a pathetic 4 years in jail. What the hell kind of justice is that? He has no fcking right to be doing stuff that Michael should still be doing. I can't even begin to tell you just how upset, angry, and sick I was feeling when he was on Dr. Oz's show. I only wish I could have been there during the taping of that episode. Because I would have been waiting for him with a fully loaded gun. And I would totally enjoy putting every single one of those bullets in to him. It is like what the 1 line of the song Pratighat Ki Jwala says She isn’t afraid of law or accusations or of any end result. I only see it this way if the law fail to give that evil monster the kind of justice he totally deserves. Then I will be doing it myself. He should be on death row awaiting the same exact execution that he gave to Michael. You know it is evil monsters like him is why I will always be a huge supporter for the death penalty. Because evil monsters totally deserves that kind of justice. Thanks to what that evil ahole did I became the total opposite of how I used to be when we still had Michael. And it is those nightmares that evil fcking piece of shit cause me to have now. That really messed me up bad. And I literally have no control over those nightmares.

DancingMjsdream

Proud Member
MJsBollywoodGirl7;4193873 said:
I think I understand what you are saying. But I forgot to mention in my post about the horrific MJ related vivid nightmares that I am still suffering from. And to make it worst I am still haunted by the horrific vivid nightmares I had of him. All during that first horrible summer without him. And all the years when we still had him. It was extremely rare that I would have a nightmare. Especially ones that was about him. Now thanks to what that fcking ahole has done. Not only do I still suffer from those horrific nightmares about Michael. I also have horrible insomnia now. I haven't known what it is like to have a good night's worth of sleep. Since right before I heard the most horrible news ever about Michael. And the one thing I used to always do almost every single night was spending a few hours of watching and listening to Michael. That what always gave me good sleep at night. Because I knew I will be having another really amazing MJ dream. Now those amazing MJ dreams have been turn in to horrific vivid nightmares. If you had the kind of vivid nightmares that I have ever since what happen to him. Then you will understand more. Some of those vivid MJ nightmares had cause me to wake up crying and shaking uncontrollably. And I was forced to stay awake for the rest of the night. And there that one nightmare I had a few months ago where Michael's kids got nearly blown up inside the building they were in. I still don't know what made me have a nightmare like that. But I did have it. And not only that I was 3 times suicidal during that first horrible year without him. I am not anymore thanks to that obsession I started to have with video/computer games. As well as my obsession of wanting to watch Bollywood revenge movies. I tell you Bollywood really knows how to make the best revenge movies. Especially movies like Rakht Charitra and Anjaam. The 2010 movie Rakht Charitra is a real blood bath of revenge killings. And just to make that movie even better it was base on a true story that happen in India. And then there is the 1994 movie Anjaam. Which is definitely my most favorite revenge killing movie. I just so totally love how Shivani Chopra got her revenge on the 4 people that destroyed her happy life. And to have the song Pratighat Ki Jwala playing as she is getting her revenge makes those revenge scenes even more perfect. I really love what she did to that evil female cop and her evil money hungry brother-in-law in the movie. It is what she did to them is what I would so totally love to do to that evil ahole. He totally destroyed my h word life that I once had. It still really angers and sickens me to no fcking end that ahole did not get the death penalty for what he has done. Only a pathetic 4 years in jail. What the hell kind of justice is that? He has no fcking right to be doing stuff that Michael should still be doing. I can't even begin to tell you just how upset, angry, and sick I was feeling when he was on Dr. Oz's show. I only wish I could have been there during the taping of that episode. Because I would have been waiting for him with a fully loaded gun. And I would totally enjoy putting every single one of those bullets in to him. It is like what the 1 line of the song Pratighat Ki Jwala says She isn’t afraid of law or accusations or of any end result. I only see it this way if the law fail to give that evil monster the kind of justice he totally deserves. Then I will be doing it myself. He should be on death row awaiting the same exact execution that he gave to Michael. You know it is evil monsters like him is why I will always be a huge supporter for the death penalty. Because evil monsters totally deserves that kind of justice. Thanks to what that evil ahole did I became the total opposite of how I used to be when we still had Michael. And it is those nightmares that evil fcking piece of shit cause me to have now. That really messed me up bad. And I literally have no control over those nightmares.

You know, he might have been a monster to you. But he has family too you know? No person is just 100% evil. Conrad deserves to be in prison in my eyes,but nobody should be tortured- that's the LAST thing MJ wanted. You had an unhealthy obsession with Michael and you need to change something in your life. You said it yourself, it destroyed your life.
First you need to stay away from MJ forums, it's something that constantly reminds you of MJ.I know it is hard but it will help.

Second, you need a GOOD therapist. If you are not happy than find another one. I'm not sure if it's about the money etc but it's your life we're talking about, it should be worth it to find someone who can really help you.

It just bothers me when i read those thoughts of yours. My aunt's son has been killed and she does not wish to torture the man who killed him or kill him herself.She is not that kind of person. She hates him and wants him in prison yes, but she would never do the same to someones family. As an MJ fan you should know better.

MJsBollywoodGirl7

Proud Member
You know, he might have been a monster to you. But he has family too you know? No person is just 100% evil. Conrad deserves to be in prison in my eyes,but nobody should be tortured- that's the LAST thing MJ wanted. You had an unhealthy obsession with Michael and you need to change something in your life. You said it yourself, it destroyed your life.
First you need to stay away from MJ forums, it's something that constantly reminds you of MJ.I know it is hard but it will help.

Second, you need a GOOD therapist. If you are not happy than find another one. I'm not sure if it's about the money etc but it's your life we're talking about, it should be worth it to find someone who can really help you.

It just bothers me when i read those thoughts of yours. My aunt's son has been killed and she does not wish to torture the man who killed him or kill him herself.She is not that kind of person. She hates him and wants him in prison yes, but she would never do the same to someones family. As an MJ fan you should know better.

The therapist I am seeing was the only one that was taking new patients at the time. The other therapists in my town were not taking any new patients. And I do think the therapist I am seeing is a good one. Yeah I know Michael wouldn't want this. But you don't know just what it is like to have those horrific vivid MJ nightmares. Those nightmares really messed me up bad. I just woke up from having another one. Thanks to what that ahole did my MJ fandom is literally on life support. What is the point of being one now. When there is absolutely nothing to look forward to in the MJ world anymore. And that evil monster had totally destroyed my MJ fandom. Back when we still had him I was one of the biggest hardcore MJ fans you could ever want to meet. But now thanks to what happen my MJ Shrine bedroom is no more. My bedroom walls and doors was litterally covered with MJ posters and pictures. Now I don't have a single picture of him up any where in my room. There have even been times where I had thought about burning my entire MJ collection. Because I find it that painful to even look at MJ items. Most especially my Opus MJ book and my concerts that I had bought off of Ebay. Back when we still had him. I have bought over 200 dollars worth of concerts and they are now collecting dust. As well as the rest of my MJ related video collection. That I had either taped or bought over the years. I can't watch them anymore. Since watching something MJ related only brings on panic attacks for me now. As well as listening to him now. There is only maybe 2 times out of the entire year where I totally have to force myself to listen to him. But thanks to that evil monster I am no longer have the obsession I once had for Michael. Since I now replaced him with the world's most greatest actor Shahrukh Khan. When I watch Shahrukh dancing in his movies. Or see him doing live performances it is almost like watching MJ again. Watching Shahrukh I am practically back to feeling the way I did back when we still had Michael. And another amazing thing about Shahrukh he is also an MJ fan. And as well as the King Of Bollywood. Which makes watching him even better. And I sorry that it bothers you to read those thoughts of mine. Just because I think about doing that to that fcking ahole. Doesn't exactly mean I am going to do that. How can I? Ever since what had happen to Michael I became a Christian. After spending many years as an atheist. I am still learning on how to be a good Christian. And I know as a good Christian you should forgive your enemies. But how the hell do you forgive someone that totally destroyed your life? Like that evil monster did. At least there is one thing about being a Christian. Is that I can trust that God would send that evil ahole to burn for an eternity in that Lake Of Fire. Where monsters like him needs to be in.