Anyone else here become a fan in the last few years?

No, I have been a fan since like 1995. I was 3 years old then when my mom bought me HIStory the CD and the VHS. He was/is my childhood hero, my favorite musician ever! I'm so happy to have all these great memories of him growing up, and never, ever stopping being his fan.

I've been a fan for all my life but im only 14, so to some people i guess im kinda new :)
My mum was the one who made me become a fan I think. im a much bigger fan than her now haha im obsessed with him now lol

I've been a fan for all my life but im only 14, so to some people i guess im kinda new :)
My mum was the one who made me become a fan I think. im a much bigger fan than her now haha im obsessed with him now lol

Yeah! For me, it's my father lol!
I'm quite a new fan, since May 2008

when pple say oh i became a fan in 03 im like wtf lol where were u in 1990 haha

oh boy, that's time I even wasn't born :timer: I wish that I was born in the 80s :D
Though I'm a new fan but my love, my craziness for MJ is undoubtedly not less than any other fans :punk:!!!!

Hi, I just joined and wanted to share my story in this thread. I wrote it the other day.

I'd like to say I was a fan of Michael since either Moonwalker or Captain Eo, but I guess it depends on what's meant by the word “fan.” I only had vague memories of Moonwalker, but I remembered how he saved those kids. I must have been around 3-5 ('88-'90) years old when I saw it and I thought Michael was the coolest person ever. I had much better memories of Captain Eo, the most amazing 3D show I'd ever seen at Disneyland. Watching those films on YouTube really brought me back.

Then of course I know I had early memories of “Thriller.” I remember thinking it was a movie I was watching, and actually now that I think of it, most of what I saw that I thought were movies might have been Michael Jackson videos. Him along with Madonna were my favorite singers at the time.

I feel kind of ashamed to admit I wasn't really closely following his life after that into the 90s and really up until now. I don't remember the 1993 trial at all, just hearing or reading about it later, but I was always happy to see him on the TV when the media wasn't tearing him apart. I started learning about him and realized I could actually really identify with him. Being childlike, innocent, reserved, wanting to make the world a better place. He became someone I really could look up to. I never ever believed he was a child molestor. He just wasn't the kind of person to do that. Him being shot down and scrutinized was almost like I was being shot down because I totally understood him. He was my hero. I always felt so sorry for him and wished the media left him alone. When I heard that they tried to charge him with child molestation a second time, it just really pissed me off. I had also seen bits and pieces about his life like an interview that must have been in the late nineties. And I watched a TV movie about the Jackson 5 some years ago (can't remember what it was called), which showed me how horrible his father was to him.

But like I said, I wasn't really following his life closely, but I still enjoyed his music when I heard it on the radio. I never had any of his albums. Up until now the only song I had on my iTunes was “Thriller” my first love. The last new music and video I had seen of him was for “You Rock My World.” I think it's because I had all but stopped following mainstream music post-2000 because it had gone downhill. I didn't even know Michael was trying to make a comeback just now, or even that he was doing a concert. I just figured he was always doing concerts and making music. I think if I was still following current music, I might have known otherwise.

Now I feel a bit guilty not following him and not listening to his music more. I always appreciated it, but now that he's gone I have an even deeper appreciation. I always knew he was a great humanitarian, but I don't think I ever grasped what a huge impact he made on the world. He really was the most amazing human being to ever live. I also don't think I realized how much of an impact he really did have on my life.

His death is like a punch to the stomach. He was the only person I could truly say I looked up to and identified with. Now I feel like I really don't have anyone I could look up to, at least not at that level. I still don't want to believe he's really gone. A world without Michael Jackson is not a world I want to imagine.

The good thing is that now I really do want to be a better and happier person because of this tragedy. I'm also now rediscovering his music and finding new songs I hadn't heard before, which are quite a few actually. Watching him in his videos, home movies, interviews, make me happy and it's a great comfort to me.

i became a fan in 2004 i grew up in a jewish orthodox hoe and we never listened to mj of course i heard of him,and all i heard was michael jackson the weirdo,because all i heard about him was what i read or saw in the news,anyway i watched mj's 1995 mtv performance,and i was awestruck,i went straight to the library to take out some cds and since then ive been a Die hard fan,ive listened to almost all his music,watched all his videos and his interviews,and read countless articles about him,and fast foward 2009 i anticipating his "this is it" tour,and then.....

Slight OT but that 1995 performace was KILLER. That was the BEST Billie Jean EVER, you can keep Motown 25 for me!

Great hearing all of your stories. Keep them coming. The core in some of your stories is that you were smart enough to figure out the media was full of it.

Been a hard core fan since 1990 and have been going strong since. Never wavered, never doubted.

Yeah we are all smarter than the media, haha f them xxx

wow thats kool, i was only 2 in 1990 so i didnt have a clue what was what let alone who mj was haha

Jackie x

Okay I dont know how many people are interested in reading my story, but it's fun typing it hehe:D

Hmm... I really don't know the exact year of when I became a fan..
But as I .....

Wow i read it all, thats a nice story haha your bro teasing about your dad n mj being friends is funny

kool, Jackie x

I was also born in 1988, in Ethiopia. I first saw Michael in 1994 on a Cultural Music channel. They showed his "BAD" short film and I was ..........

God Bless you all for sharing, I bet Michael's wathing us :wild:and being happy on how we are comming together.:yes::D:clapping:

Love,
Romi

Kool, yeah i wanna say too thanks for sharing everyone, this is great! Yeah i bet michael is too. :):)

x

I bacame a fan whe I was 8. I was in my friend's house and her dad had bought HIStory on tape. I listened to it over and over and got the lend of it and kept listening when I got home. Loved it! I always loved him since then.

awww Jackie x

No, I have been a fan since like 1995. I was 3 years old then when my mom bought me HIStory the CD and the VHS. He was/is my childhood hero, my favorite musician ever! I'm so happy to have all these great memories of him growing up, and never, ever stopping being his fan.

kool, haha :)

Yeah! For me, it's my father lol!
I'm quite a new fan, since May 2008

oh boy, that's time I even wasn't born :timer: I wish that I was born in the 80s :D
Though I'm a new fan but my love, my craziness for MJ is undoubtedly not less than any other fans :punk:!!!!

yeah that is quite new, nah u dont wanna be born in da 80s, u wanna stay as young as possible haha, im 20 n think im getting old lol

Jackie x

Hi, I just joined and wanted to share my story in this thread.......

Now I feel a bit guilty not following him and not listening to his music more. I always appreciated it, but now that he's gone I have an even deeper appreciation. I always knew he was a great humanitarian, but I don't think I ever grasped what a huge impact he made on the world. He really was the most amazing human being to ever live. I also don't think I realized how much of an impact he really did have on my life.

His .......

Kool, nice story, yeah how could you only have Thriller lol, anyway yeah ive only just realized what he actually did for the world not just through music, but his humanitarian efforts are just amazing!!!!! I inspire to be like that. he was the nearest to perfect human being ever!

Jackie xxx

My first "official" day as a fan was October 12, 2007...The day I tried to kill myself...hehe....:happy:

It was lovely spring 2005 when I became fan at the age of 13 :) Found my sister's cd's.

aww kool, where did u find them lol
From the closet! And so thankful for that! :yes: It was Earth Song that really blew my mind then. That song will always have special place in my heart. It made me a fan.

Back