Anyone else here become a fan in the last few years?

jackie11

Proud Member
Heya im just wondering who else became a fan in the last few years, because i first came a fan in 2004 as i didnt really know anything about him b4

Jackie x

Hmm, i became a fan in 2001/2002, the Invincible era. Everything before that time was before my time if you know what i mean...

yi think its cool how some pple became fans during the trial,i just never understood how pple didnt know anything about him until then lol. when pple say oh i became a fan in 03 im like wtf lol where were u in 1990 haha, but its cool nonetheless

yi think its cool how some pple became fans during the trial,i just never understood how pple didnt know anything about him until then lol. when pple say oh i became a fan in 03 im like wtf lol where were u in 1990 haha, but its cool nonetheless

It's so funny. I've had friends watching MTV when they've been playing his vids, ahem, short films, back to back recently. One said they thought the TDCAU short film was great and I was like, that's over 10 years old WTF have you been????:doh: I'm not complaining though, it's nice to see Mike still pullin 'em in. Wonder how many more people become fans each day?

Really? What made you turn to the better side? :cheeky:

I've been a fan since about '88 / '89, it's so long ago I can barely remember!

Erm well before, I went on holiday to America in 2002 I started listening to his music more. Then went to America started watching videos, interviews etc... and this obsession came randomly.

I was still convinced he was a paedophile, but I decided to go on a investigation for a while. Spent days trying to make things add up before the new trial hit. Anyway found out secrets saw stories, realised what his dad did to him and just decided he was just a little boy trapped in this man's body and couldn't get anyone to understand why it was ok to do the things he did.

I think the trial also woke up a lot of people who had always been fans of Michael but had gradually shifted most of their attention to other musicians at some point in time. I know I fit that description. I was mostly into Hip Hop, Jazz and Classical for the latter half of the 90s and up until 2003, but when I saw the man himself being torn to shreds by some evil people (Arvizos) I was once again a full time fan of Michael Jackson and I haven't looked back since. I guess before the trial I had just taken Michael for granted, but seeing him in such a position made me realize that he's too dear to my heart to think of as an enduring symbol in my life, or someone I could revisit at any time. He was possibly facing jail time and I just couldn't ignore my hero any longer.

The trial really made me realize how precious Michael was to me and I wasn't going to slip away from him ever again.

I became a casual fan around 1999 when I caught the Bucharest concert on VH1, but I really fell in love with MJ around the Invincible era. There just seemed to be so much BS surrounding him and I found myself becoming very protective of him. I was always aware of his music, my best friend in elementary school LOVED him, but it wasn't until about 10 years ago that I really got into him.......

My parents are fans of his, so I've always been around his music/videos, but I became a full blown balls to the wall fan after the MSG 2001 concert. :) I think it's the same for a few other people here too...

Those who became fans after 2000, I beg you to post some details, it's so cool to read about such stories, especially that many ppl stopped listening to his music after the evil media and allegations.

I became fan since 87 i was only 4 years old whem my brother received the Bad cassete!!! I listen the cassete with my brother and i loved it!!!! I remember like it was today :) I was watching is picture, and admiring his clothes and my brother said this guy (MJ) was Black! And i WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW ! Awsome music Awsome looks AWsome clothes and this guy was black and now he is white!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don´t get mad loool i was only 4!!!! after that year never stop loving all that MJ means.. even the weird stuff i loved it!Ofcourse not the pedo allegations, the other stuff like sleeping in oxygen chamber etc etc even i knew most likely was not true but...I don´t know i loved (still love) everything about him!!!! I miss Mike he was like a friend to me... on my hard times, on my good times, he was present everyday in my life, when was sad he cheer me up and distrected me with his videos, music and the time i was watching it was like it was just him and me... nothing else mattered! Janet said:" To you he is an icon for us he was family!" Don´t get me wrong Janet but he was like family to me to us fans he was like my friend, and my friends are like family to me! Miss you Mike:(:boohoo

*sorry for the off topic

damn, I'm so ashamed of myself... I became a fan in late 2008 actually... But you can't blame me! I'm only 16! Before then I had been too stupid to be his fan...

I became fan since 87 i was only 4 years old whem my brother received the Bad cassete!!! I listen the cassete with my brother and i loved it!!!! I remember like it was today :) I was watching is picture, and admiring his clothes and my brother said this guy (MJ) was Black! And i WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW ! Awsome music Awsome looks AWsome clothes and this guy was black and now he is white!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don´t get mad loool i was only 4!!!! after that year never stop loving all that MJ means.. even the weird stuff i loved it!Ofcourse not the pedo allegations, the other stuff like sleeping in oxygen chamber etc etc even i knew most likely was not true but...I don´t know i loved (still love) everything about him!!!! I miss Mike he was like a friend to me... on my hard times, on my good times, he was present everyday in my life, when was sad he cheer me up and distrected me with his videos, music and the time i was watching it was like it was just him and me... nothing else mattered! Janet said:" To you he is an icon for us he was family!" Don´t get me wrong Janet but he was like family to me to us fans he was like my friend, and my friends are like family to me! Miss you Mike:(:boohoo

*sorry for the off topic

Yeah, I kind felt offended when I've heard Janet saying that.
Because Michael wasn't an icon to me. He was like a family to me. Someone REALLY important in my life. WE -MJ fans- have so different relation with Michael than any other celebrity with their "fans". We are like a one big family who support each other and stick together in bad and good times.

I became a fan when I was 8 years old in 1991 but I respect anyone who became a fan later, because they became a fan when liking MJ was no longer the most popular thing. That takes independence, and I can respect that. I don't understand people who don't appreciate new fans as well.

I'm an old timer to being an MJ fan despite being a newbie to this site! love to hear of new fans of recent yrs emerging! :)
I intend to introduce MJ to my grandson aged 3yrs, who is already spinning on the spot and screaming yee hee whenever he hears Michael Jackson's name mentioned! :)
Thats my boy! :)

2001 - thanks to the MSG concert, just like IAte58Crayons. :D
And I'm proud to say I stuck with him throughout the whole LWMJ crap and the trial.

yah know thinking back, even before I became a fan, I never thought bad of michael. Like I knew there was a michael jackson but I never gave him much thought. Plus michael wasn't really out there when I was coming up (thought I remember YANA being hot back in the day) so I never really thought about him, but I CAN'T remember ever thinking badly about him. So I think was a fan at heart I just didn't realise it. Ok let me stop grasping for fan years:doh:! LOL

yah know looking back I was different kinda teen. I didn't like music much. I did't even want my family to play the radio. I would leave the room. lol I was stoopid. HAHA

Back