Appeal Thread - Murray Filed for Appeal / Update: Appeal DENIED

Re: Appeal Thread - All Discussion / Update: Murray Filed for Appeal

#conradmurray His lawyers are appealing to the CA Supreme Ct to get permission to test the bag with the bottle. Gate. Horse. Gone. Shut.

Whats up with the "gate. horse. gone. shut"? :huh:

Michael Jackson doctor Conrad Murray seeks bail while waiting on appeal
By Alan Duke, CNN
December 20, 2012 -- Updated 0216 GMT (1016 HKT)

Conrad Murray asked an appeals court to let him out of jail while judges decide if they will overturn his conviction.
STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Conrad Murray's lawyer argues the trial judge erred by denying him bail while appealing conviction
A jury found Murray guilty of involuntary manslaughter in Michael Jackson's death
Jackson died of an overdose of a surgical anesthetic and sedatives under Murray's care
Murray has about 10 months left to serve unless he is freed early
Los Angeles (CNN) -- The doctor convicted of causing Michael Jackson's death asked an appeals court this week to let him out of jail while the judges decide whether they will overturn his conviction.
The judge who presided over Conrad Murray's trial last year denied bail in a February hearing, saying his lawyers had not proven he was not a risk to flee the state or harm someone else with his questionable medical practices.
Jackson died of an overdose of a surgical anesthetic and sedatives in his home while under Dr. Murray's care on June 25, 2009.
Los Angeles County District Judge Michael Pastor, who sentenced Murray to four years in prison for the involuntary manslaughter conviction, "unjustifiably erred" by denying Murray's request to remain free during his appeal," Murray lawyer Valerie Wass said in a motion filed this week with California's Second District Court of Appeals.
Read more: Judge rejects e-mail ban in Michael Jackson death lawsuit
"Appellant respectfully requests that this court order his release on his own recognizance pending appeal, or alternatively, that it order his release on reasonable bail," Wass wrote.
Photos: Michael Jackson, King of Pop
'Thriller' jacket helping Jackson tigers Conrad Murray invites MJ's mom to jail Inmates pay tribute to Jackson
Murray, who has been in a Los Angeles County jail since a jury found him guilty in November 2011, is eligible for parole after serving two years. Murray is set to be freed October 28, 2013 unless he is let out early on bail or because of jail overcrowding.
Pastor said he doubted Murray would stick around for the appeal decision because he has "resources" to flee and "significant ties elsewhere," including to Grenada, where he was born, and Trinidad, where he was raised.
But Murray is a naturalized U.S. citizen with children in the United States, including a 3-year-old son in California, Wass argued in her motion for bail. The prospect of losing his life in the United States would prevent him from leaving the country, she said.
"It would be all but impossible for appellant to flee" because he has become infamous from the media coverage of Jackson's death and the trial, Wass wrote.
As for resources, Murray is broke, she said.
Pastor also suggested Murray was a danger to the public because of his dangerous attitude toward using propofol, the drug that killed Jackson.
Wass argued in the appeal that Murray would not be practicing medicine since California suspended his medical license after he was convicted and he voluntarily surrendered his other medical licenses in Texas and Nevada.
"He lacks the means and ability to prescribe or obtain pharmaceutical drugs," she wrote.
Prosecutors have until the end of December to file their response to Murray's bail request.
Read more: Conrad Murray gets bigger cell, but still unhappy
Murray is appealing his conviction on several points, including the contention that Pastor erred in not allowing his lawyers to present evidence of Jackson's financial troubles, which they argued would support their theory that the pop star's desperation led him to administer the fatal dose to himself.
Wass argued that the judge's decision not to allow the defense to call Beverly Hills dermatologist Dr. Arnold Klein or his staff as witnesses denied Murray a fair trial. Murray's lawyers contended that drugs given to Jackson by Klein in the weeks before his death contributed to his death.
The judge's refusal to sequester the jury in a hotel during the trial, which was televised live, "may have improperly influenced the jurors," Wass argued.
Another major issue in the appeal is the decision not to allow Murray's lawyers to test the contents of a bottle found next to Jackson's bed. They contend it could reveal evidence to support their theory that Jackson gave himself the fatal dose while Murray was out of the room.
Jackson's mother and three children are suing AEG, the promotion company they say hired Murray and supervised Murray's care of Jackson as he prepared for comeback concerts in London in summer 2009. Murray is expected to be a witness in the wrongful death trial scheduled for next April.
Lawyer: Conrad Murray's suffering in jail a 'slow death'

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/12/19/justice/california-conrad-murray-appeal/

Bail. No Bail. Four Year Sentence. Might Be Released In 10-Months. Might NOT Be Released In 10-Months.

A lot going on, BUT the only thing I can think about is, one day he will be free. When that happens he will also be free to tell his ego driven story for $$$$$$$, to whomever, where ever the call may come from.

That's ALL I'm thinking about and it pisses me of in the worse way!

Exactly. 11 months hes out and no doubt will go running to oprah

Bail. No Bail. Four Year Sentence. Might Be Released In 10-Months. Might NOT Be Released In 10-Months.

A lot going on, BUT the only thing I can think about is, one day he will be free. When that happens he will also be free to tell his ego driven story for $$$$$$$, to whomever, where ever the call may come from.

Yep and MJ's mother doesn't care because she refused to seek restitution because of her greed..

:(
Yep! it's shameful.. and Katherine will still be fighting AEG which she will lose anyway

Yes. And the fact that Murray left Michael alone under the influence of Propofol and is making a big stink about it with the appellate court like it shouldn't matter is one of the things about this that makes me the most angry. He should NEVER have left Michael alone. Period. That is Murray's own fault and no one else's. Pure and simple. Murray had just as much choice in this mess as Michael did if not more. And Murray should be made to continue dealing with the consequences of the choices that he made whether Michael asked for the Propofol or not. And it angers and sickens me that fans and the people who loved Michael have to hear time and time again how this isn't over as if the pain of losing him wasn't (or isn't) terrible enough. And another thing. If Murray was that money-hungry in dealing with Michael that he would trash the medical ethics code just to earn another quick dollar, then I personally think that Murray ought to be kept in jail for that all by itself. It makes me mad that some of the fully grown people around Michael did things that were so stupid and yet somehow Michael was always being blamed like these people had no mind of their own. There was no excuse for Murray not walking out that darned front door with all the things he says about Michael. "Yes man" my eye.

Last edited:

When is he going to understand that when a patient is under propofol the patient can not be left alone? He left his patient alone in the bedroom & he says he didn't do anything wrong. I don't know who's the greatest idiot there, the attorneys or Murray. It'll be a blessing if he ends up staying in jail for the full four years.

I blame the Jacksons for that.

OMG I dread that day. The media will be there waiting with open freakin arms! Because so many love to hate MJ! It will be like that crazy doc he made over and over again! GOD NO! :bugeyed

Oh lord she better not even dare!?

post removed

Last edited:

Murray is expected to be a witness in the wrongful death trial scheduled for next April.

So this is already confirmed? Can't believe it...

I blame the Jacksons for that.
Co Sign!I too blame them for rescinding the resitution :banghead Ptff!
& some nerve now to go after AEG. SMH!
Just wait for the outcome after summary judgement.
Hit them like a ton of bricks
and their case will sink faster than the Titanic :tonofbricks

It will be like that crazy doc he made over and over again! GOD NO! :bugeyed
Oh lord she better not even dare!?

I wouldn't hold my breadth.
She's as fake as Bootleg CDs.
With her anything can happen!
Anything to bring in ratings for OWN

So this is already confirmed? Can't believe it...
He's a convicted felon serving his time. He can be subpeoned and
if he does show up , it only serves to buttress AEG' case.
Some things team mommy dearest still don't get

Well oxman claimed ages back that they wanted to work with him. i put nothing past the family doing a deal where murray will blame aeg and say they made him do it in return for helping the family get money and murray getting a %. its prob another reason as to why the family dropped the compensation claim.

personally i hope its not true. can u imagine how bad it will be. murray working with the family both of them going on about the druggie. saying anything to shift the blame. any idea if this is true ivy

It's not like Murray didn't know that there was propofol in the house or inject Michael with it to even start with. Quite the contrary, according to testimony, Murray brought that stuff in the house and even had some stored at his lady's house. The fact that he even gave Michael the propofol against what should have been his better judgement shows me that he does have some responsibility here. I've never heard of a doctor being allowed to blame a patient for their own death with the doctor just a short distance away from the patient especially if the doctor should have been monitoring said patient to begin with and the doctor still being let off like it doesn't matter. And didn't Judge Pastor say that Murray's finances could be brought up in the trial if the defense were going to talk about Michael's finances? I mean, geez. Why shouldn't Murray be held responsible for plain neglecting his duties as a doctor, leaving Michael alone like that and not at least calling anybody upstairs to watch him if Murray really had to leave the room? There were people in the house who could have helped him and kept an eye on Michael while Murray was away. There was absolutely no reason at all for Michael to be left by himself in that kind of condition without any monitoring equipment. And with Murray's other patients talking about him like he was all "Angel on Earth", then surely he knew better than to handle a medical situation in this manner. But yet, he's still trying to play this dumb pity-party game with the court, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Well oxman claimed ages back that they wanted to work with him. i put nothing past the family doing a deal where murray will blame aeg and say they made him do it in return for helping the family get money and murray getting a %. its prob another reason as to why the family dropped the compensation claim.

personally i hope its not true. can u imagine how bad it will be. murray working with the family both of them going on about the druggie. saying anything to shift the blame. any idea if this is true ivy

Yes, I remember reading it too, and the thought of family working with Murray makes me sick:puke:

Michael McParland tweeted these

Michael McParland ‏@MMcParland
#MichaelJackson. Still no appeal brief filed by #conradmuray as of 3.05 pm.

#MichaelJackson The court hours end at 4.30 pm. Whether they will be prepared to accept a later electronic filing from Murray is uncertain.

. “@juliamjfan: @MMcParland News about Conrad Murray Mr. McParland? please?” No news. No appeal brief was filed by 10.05 pm on the 21st.

Earlier he posted this:
Without the Appeal Brief being filed in time, Murray's appeal would be dismissed. No brief: no appeal.

So is it over for Murray now, no more changes to file appeal, and his reguest for being released for bail is gone too?

Last edited:

So no appeal was filed by 10pm on the 21st? twitters so difficult to read. hopefully thats it then but no doubt there will prob be some loop hole .

imo he never had any intent of filing an appeal. it was a smoke screen to get out on bail

Last edited:

So is it over for Murray now, no more changes to file appeal, and his reguest for being released for bail is gone too?

God i hope thats true

Vass should have been working on the brief rather than focusing her time on giving inane messages and quotes to the tabloids about Muarry's suffering. I guess the attorney's priorities were off, hence they were not able to present the doc on time. Hopefully that would be the end of the appeal... Every Christmas we get cries from Muarry about bail and leaving prison.

Vass should have been working on the brief rather than focusing her time on giving inane messages and quotes to the tabloids about Muarry's suffering.

So the complaints quoted in that article were not in the appeal brief?

I hope so. I got tired of hearing about that man a long time ago.

So the complaints quoted in that article were not in the appeal brief?
no appeal brief was filed that we know of. thats why hopefully any appeal is now over

^^Yeah, attorney was too busy showing the world how muarry was suffering in jail, that time was not taken to file the papers that would help take him out of that terrible suffering. How foolish can some people be. It seems to me that like before, Muarry, his actions, and his team are his worst enemy. Remember the documockery he did that was supposed to help his case, but rather made the judge go "WHAT!!!!"

CONRAD MURRAY Prosecutors Try to Block Bid for Freedom
EXCLUSIVE

If prosecutors have their way ...Conrad Murray will stay locked up, even though an appeals court could reverse his manslaughter conviction in the death of Michael Jackson.

According to new court docs obtained by TMZ ... the California Attorney General is scoffing at Murray's bid for release pending appeal, arguing that he's totally unconvincing when he says he's not a flight risk. Murray is claiming if he gets out he'll live with his GF/baby mama Nicole Alvarez in Santa Monica, but prosecutors are quick to point out ... he has 7 kids with 5 women, which does not exactly make him the poster child of stability.

And get this ... Murray argued that he can't flee because he's a celeb and therefore can't run and hide. But prosecutors blanch at the doctor's argument, claiming it would be a travesty to reward him for becoming a celebrity by killing a true celebrity.

Prosecutors also say the fact that Murray has shown no remorse is a red flag that he might continue to be a danger to the community if set free.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/12/28/dr-co...l-michael-jackson-manslaughter/#ixzz2GPeJjlUs

I would like to know did he really say he is celebrity!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He says he cannot flee because he is celebrity :angry::mat::censored::ranting::perrin:

For the fact that he hasn't shown any remorse, they should add another 10 years to his sentence :angry:
----------------------------------------------------------

Updates from M McParland:

Michael McParland ?@MMcParland
#conradmuray has still not filed an appeal brief, but has requested leave to file a reply to People's opposition to his bail motion. Silly

#conradmuray: The People filed their objections to Murray's bail motion today. Still no sign of Murray's appeal brief. It's a week late.

. @song_title Eventually within the next 2 weeks or so Murray's lawyers will file their brief or it is likely the appeal will be dismissed.

Somebody asked him if Murray can file brief after the deadline and McParland replied:
8h Michael McParland ?@MMcParland
@ccarpenter1104 Yes. Up until a final deadline in a letter from the Court expires.

#conradmuray has been permitted to file a reply to the People's objection to his bail motion. He must do so on or before January 8, 2013.

Ivy, somebody asked this question from M McParland:
I'm sure I read that he wants to write a book on MJ @MMcParland Are there any US laws to stop a convicted felon from cashing in like that?

22h Michael McParland ?@MMcParland
@alisonbcoleman Yes there is. Or a civil action to obtain restitution.

Do you know what other options are there? Jackson's didn't want any restitution from him so why McParland would even mention civil suit and restitution, or is civil action different than civil suit?

Last edited:

So even though the deadline passed for him to file his appeal brief the court has given him an extension? Or he has until a final letter is sent. this is ridiculous. if a date is set that should be it.that date was the 21st. and why even bother filing a responce to the pros bail filing when u havnt even filed an appeal brief as u cant get bail until u file the appeal brief i suppose his lawyer will file one now they have more time. the whole system seems to be worked to make as much money for lawyers as poss with deadlines been moved and numerous allowed attempts at requesting bail. anyway he will be out soon enough anyway

And wtf at murray claiming hes a celebrity so he couldnt flee. i dont know whether to laugh or cry at that being their best argument or if he really thinks that. is this guy a narsarcist or what. how mj could meet so many devils in his life i dont know

^^^ he is more than narcissist, he is narcissist sociopath.

Back