APWNN - The "ice bucket challenge" (Radio Request Challenge)

donalb

Proud Member
So far, APWNN is not doing as well as I hoped it would in terms of radio airplay. This is the do or die period for this song. It desperately needs our help to get listed on radio playlists. In support of this effort, I am kicking off the "APWNN ice bucket challenge". Each person who accepts the challenge needs to request the song at least 10 times on radio stations. You can select any 10 stations in the link below (US radio stations) or you can request the song on radio stations in your own country. After making your request, you can challenge between 1-5 members to do the same. To make it more interesting, I will request the song on 100 stations for anyone who accepts the challenge. I'll go first. After personally requesting the song on several Hot AC stations, I challenge the following MJJC members:

IVY
TYGGER
BIRCHEY
Tricia70
Petrarose

Are you ready for the challenge?

https://sites.google.com/site/urbrhypopradiostations/

--------------------------

Rules:

1. If you accept the challenge, there is no limit to the number of stations you can request to, but the minimum is 10.

2. If you accept the challenge and complete it, post in this thread saying you have done so, then choose 1-5 others who you now challenge. Post their names in this thread. (It is possible you may be challenged more than once.)

3. When you challenge somebody, send them a PM as well in case they have not seen this thread. For example, with the people I PM'ed, I simply titled my message "APWNN Ice Bucket Challenge" and as a message I put "You have been challenged! http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/133762-APWNN-The-quot-ice-bucket-challenge-quot". You, of course, can put whatever you'd like. This is just to help those lazy folks ;)

4. If you have been challenged but decided not to take part, you must upload a video of yourself singing along to "A Place With No Name" and post the video in this thread. (Of course, there's no way to tell who has actually done this and who hasn't; this is just all in good fun.)

5. You do not have to wait to be challenged in order to participate. All you need to do is to request the song on at least 10 stations. After doing so, you can challenge others to do the same as indicated in the above guidelines.

(DISCLAIMER: This is in no way an attempt to demean the original cause for the "Ice Bucket Challenge" which is to raise awareness and help fund research for ALS. This is really more of a "karaoke" challenge and has nothing to do with ice or buckets, but since most people are familiar with the "ice bucket challenge" phenomena, we kept the moniker.)

Posted to MJJC's Facebook Page:

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));
Post by MJJCommunity - Michael Jackson Community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: APWNN - The "ice bucket challenge"

So far, APWNN is not doing as well as I hoped it would in terms of radio airplay. This is the do or die period for this song. It desperately needs our help to get listed on radio playlists. In support of this effort, I am kicking off the "APWNN ice bucket challenge". Each person who accepts the challenge needs to request the song at least 10 times on radio stations. You can select any 10 stations in the link below (US radio stations) or you can request the song on radio stations in your own country. After making your request, you can challenge between 1-5 members to do the same. To make it more interesting, I will request the song on 100 stations for anyone who accepts the challenge. I'll go first. After personally requesting the song on several Hot AC stations, I challenge the following MJJC members:

IVY
TYGGER
BIRCHEY
Tricia70
Petrarose

Great Idea! I already passed the challenge on to five MJJC members.

This is actually a pretty good idea. But what's happens if you've been challenged, but don't partake? With the Ice Bucket Challenge, you had to donate $100 if you didn't do the challenge. Of course we can't do anything like that here, but there should be something.... take the challenge or.... what?

And I was challenged by tricia70, so I made my requests. It's a shame my local stations aren't on the list, so I just chose 10 random stations.

I now challenge...

qbee
SheilaMJFan4Ever
MJResearcher
SkysTheLimit
Silouettte

take the challenge or....record yourself singing an MJ song and post it? LOL Though thats only limited to people with a microphone. :p But those who know me know that I'll totally do it lol

(I also think that those named should be PMed so they know to look in this direction?)

Yes. I agree. I PM'ed the people I challenged. And I like your idea... take the challenge or embarrass yourself, LOL. Although there's no way to prove whether somebody took the challenge or not, it's more or less for the fun of it.

Haha yep! And a lot of people who did the bucket challenge did both things ...donated AND embarrassed themselves, so its all in good fun lol

This is actually a pretty good idea. But what's happens if you've been challenged, but don't partake? With the Ice Bucket Challenge, you had to donate $100 if you didn't do the challenge. Of course we can't do anything like that here, but there should be something.... take the challenge or.... what?

And I was challenged by tricia70, so I made my requests. It's a shame my local stations aren't on the list, so I just chose 10 random stations.

I now challenge...

qbee
SheilaMJFan4Ever
MJResearcher
SkysTheLimit
Silouettte

Thanks Spyce. I also challenged Silouette and Sheila so the heat is on! he he

(Of course, there's no way to tell who has actually done this and who hasn't; this is just all in good fun.)

Thank you! I will take the challenge.

I will provide a snapshot of the radio requests.

Please give me a moment to contact my U.S. friend. I want to request radio stations that she can confirm are playing APWNN as I do not listen to the radio.

Great idea donalb! Can people be challenged more than once or should we keep a sorted list of the people who have already been challenged?

Great idea donalb! Can people be challenged more than once or should we keep a sorted list of the people who have already been challenged?

It's in the rules. People can be challenged more than once. The idea of posting names in here is not so we know who has been challenged, but more so we know who hasn't been challenged. So if you don't see somebody's name on the list- hit 'em up!

I had to type in the song title and artist for every station I clicked on (mostly urban stations in big cities, like Chicago, Atlanta, Miami, Detroit, LA, NYC and Denver). Is the song too new to be listed?

I completed the challenge and also had to type in "Michael Jackson - A Place With NO Name"

I challenge

Annita,
arnebrits,
etoile 37,
JEMFTV
donalb

Challenge accepted and completed! I nominate the following:

Dorian
OnirMJ
Elusive Moonwalker
Neverland-ranchdressing
Hess

PS. Love the energy in this thread. You guys are awesome!!!!!!!!!

Done.

I nominate:

Bubs
Paris78
Allusio
czechstar
bluesky

tumblr_maid3sDQTP1r48p5lo1_500.gif

Please note, you do not have to wait to be challenged to join the fun. All you have to do is to request the song on at least 10 radio stations via the link in the first post. Once completed, you can challenge between 1-5 people to do the same as stated in the rules.

Challenge accepted, and completed.

I nominate:

etoile 37
analogue
DanGerouS
kai

:naughty:

Last edited:

Challenge accepted and completed! I nominate the following:

Daryll748
LastTear
Doggone Lover
Arklove
Albion

Great Idea! I already passed the challenge on to five MJJC members.

Hi Tricia, as I mentioned in the first thread, I will personally request the song on 100 stations for anyone who accepts my challenges. As you accepted my challenge, I have requested the song on 100 stations. On to next one :)

Challenge excepted

I nominate

Respect77

Great thread:clapping:

As much I love to know that Michael's songs are played on the radio, but I'm looking forward seeing a few ice bucket videos too from people who didn't take the challenge:D

Done.

I nominate:

Bubs
Paris78
Allusio
czechstar
bluesky

tumblr_maid3sDQTP1r48p5lo1_500.gif

Completed.

Is it Ok to type the same song 3 times in one request?

I nominate:

Victory22;
MIST;
Zack44;
IvanaIloveMJ;
wendijane;

IVY
TYGGER
BIRCHEY
Tricia70
Petrarose

--------------------------

Rules:

1. If you accept the challenge, there is no limit to the number of stations you can request to, but the minimum is 10.

2. If you accept the challenge and complete it, post in this thread saying you have done so, then choose 1-5 others who you now challenge. Post their names in this thread. (It is possible you may be challenged more than once.)

3. When you challenge somebody, send them a PM as well in case they have not seen this thread. For example, with the people I PM'ed, I simply titled my message "APWNN Ice Bucket Challenge" and as a message I put "You have been challenged! [url]http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/133762-APWNN-The-quot-ice-bucket-challenge-quot[/URL]". You, of course, can put whatever you'd like. This is just to help those lazy folks ;)

4. If you have been challenged but decided not to take part, you must upload a video of yourself singing along to an MJ track and post the video in this thread. (Of course, there's no way to tell who has actually done this and who hasn't; this is just all in good fun.)

Okay, I accept! :sparkle:

FYI, I just submitted a letter to the Estate in the Michael Mania section which is now waiting for approval. In addition to informing them about the challenge, I also asked for their support to help encourage radio stations on all formats to play the song. If you have any other contacts at Sony or the Estate such as email addresses, twitter accounts, etc., perhaps you can also send a plug?

FYI, I just submitted a letter to the Estate in the Michael Mania section which is now waiting for approval. In addition to informing them about the challenge, I also asked for their support to help encourage radio stations on all formats to play the song. If you have any other contacts at Sony or the Estate such as email addresses, twitter accounts, etc., perhaps you can also send a plug?

You just bubbling out great ideas:clapping:
How about if this challenge is tweeted to
https://twitter.com/MJonlineteam
https://twitter.com/Epic_Records
https://twitter.com/LA_Reid
https://twitter.com/michaeljackson
and ask them to re-tweet it so the message reaches as many people as possible?

also I don't know who is behind MJ website and facebook, but if MJ's fb sends that message, it will be received by over hundreds of thousands of fans :wild:

Great idea donalb :) I have submitted your suggestion to the official connection thread and will also post it on MJJC's Facebook page as well. We have an audience of more than 12,000 it could potentially reach :)

Thank you! I will take the challenge.

I will provide a snapshot of the radio requests.

Please give me a moment to contact my U.S. friend. I want to request radio stations that she can confirm are playing APWNN as I do not listen to the radio.

As I mentioned in the first post, I will personally request the song on 100 stations for everyone who accepts my challenges. As you accepted my challenge, I have now gladly requested the song on 100 top 40 stations

Back