Are MJ fans more accepting of people in general?

InvincibleEliza

Proud Member
Hi. There's something that I've been thinking about a while and I thought I'd ask for your opinion.

In your opinion do you think that Michael Jackson fans are very accepting of people? I'm sure there are people in MJ fans who don't care about others so much but in general would you say that MJ fans are more accepting than the average person? Are we considerate?

Like if there's a new person in your local MJ fan circle does s/he get accepted in the group regardless of his/her appearence, age, style, likings, personality, disability... Like even if the person isn't everybody's new best friend right away s/he won't get ignored and shut outside.

I have noticed a lot of talk about bullying and teasing in the news and some comments in FB about it. There are some kids and even young adults who don't have friends and who get bullied and/or ignored in their community. Even if they have hobbies (like sports) and they meet nice people there don't have real friends they could call or go to the movies with or find support when life is hard.

I don't make friends easily but I have always felt very accepted amongst MJ fans.

I hope you get what I mean. :D I'd love to read all comments. :girl_pride:

I would say YES... We have a special BOND... a Special 'lingo' indeed...
Like when you meet a fan in your local grocery store, you feel a 'connection'... It's TOUGH to explain but Michael has the POWER to 'unite' us all as one BIG family...

I have a lot of friends... Okay, they are ALL MJ fans cause 'non MJ fans' simply don't understand you or they don't really get the 'brotherhood' among MJ fans... They don't get the 'Family' feeling we have...

I didn't have any REAL friends at school if they weren't an MJ fan... I didn't quite understand and still don't know how and why you can judge a person on his colour, age or even disability as peeps with a disability are even more ALIVE and more accepting (hence I'm ONE :blush: )

Then again, I have to 'confess' that I'm quite sensitive to how fans act towards you... Towards Michael... in a sense of 'gossiping' and 'triggering' trauma's... :smilerolleyes: I'm only HUMAN too, you know...
There are just some TOPICS you better leave out or...

Anyway, I think in 'general' I, as an MJ fan, I'm MORE kind to people and more HELPFUL...

So InvincibleEliza KNOW you have your TRUE friends here :wub:

I can only speak for myself but yes i know that being an MJ fan has made me much more aware of my own behavior. Over the course of this journey since Michael passed i have more and more become so inspired by him. He just makes me want to be a better person. I have also communicated with so many amazingly positive fellow MJ admirers who are doing great things to make the world a better place all because of Michaels influence.
I think the fans who really get what Michael was all about cant help but be kind, tolerant, and loving. At least thats what i feel.

The people that have hurt me the most in the past three years have been MJ fans so I think it's a tossup.

From personal experience about 75% of MJ fans are accepting people but as mentioned above a minority of MJ Fans can be uncaring, brash & uncooperative towards others caught up in their own world.

I don't think we are anything more than a huge group of people sharing one common love for a man. We are not "more" anything, except maybe reactive when Michael is attacked. But considerate, I don't think so. I know people who have followed Michael and treat others ( including fellow fans) like dirt. Others would sell their souls for memorabilia but don't give a crap about the rest of the world.
I guess it depends on who you are and what Michael represents to you. Even more maybe, if and what you share of his philosophy and his values.

To me MJ Fans are my family they are like my long lost family members that I never knew about. Where as I been around Non-MJ Fans long enough to know that they don't know nothing about family :)

I don't think we are anything more than a huge group of people sharing one common love for a man. We are not "more" anything, except maybe reactive when Michael is attacked. But considerate, I don't think so. I know people who have followed Michael and treat others ( including fellow fans) like dirt. Others would sell their souls for memorabilia but don't give a crap about the rest of the world.
I guess it depends on who you are and what Michael represents to you. Even more maybe, if and what you share of his philosophy and his values.

Indeed, Ben... Glad you brought it up... NOT all fans are "Michael like" :smilerolleyes:
I know, it's a 'touchy' subject as yeash... We're all fans of Michael with our own life and opinions and everyone is 'entitled' to an own life and opinion but that hurts the most when someone 'boasts' about her FANdom and CLAIMS she loves Michael and in her ACTIONS all you see is just the 'opposite' of what Michael stands for...

LET ME BE CLEAR ABOUT THIS RANT... THIS IS NOT TARGETTED AT ANYONE PERSONAL, okay... Just my 'experience' of 'bathing' into "the fan life" for 30 years now...

Fans are just HUMAN too... :blush:

We are all different, but the majority of MJ fans I know, are kind of sensitive to others.

I know other fan clubs (not MJ related) and people can be so mean and so sarcastic. I mean, I love ironic and sarcastic jokes but when people want intentionally hurt other people's feelings, that I don't like.

About caring for others? Well I really think most MJ fans have that special sensitivity, not all of them of course. I can proudly say that in my country, all the MJ fan clubs I know of are engaged in charity activities. Now if you're talking about each and one of the fans in them, that's improbable.

But of course, in every group people have different personalities and different priorities.

We're more accepting of each other only because we have something in common, but as far as the general populace overall, I don't think so.

I mean, I love ironic and sarcastic jokes but when people want intentionally hurt other people's feelings, that I don't like.

Oh but it feels so delicious. Try it sometime.

From personal experience about 75% of MJ fans are accepting people but as mentioned above a minority of MJ Fans can be uncaring, brash & uncooperative towards others caught up in their own world.

We are the 25% and we shall not be ignored! *is proud* :3

Additionally, there is a lot about me you guys don't know. I'm never entirely at ease anywhere except on sites where I can protect my privacy such as Facebook, which is where a select group of people know me to the fullest anyone who isn't me is ever going to know me.

But I know there is a lot the general fan community wouldn't accept from me, so I don't bother.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies. I didn't mean to be gone for so long from here but time flew :)

What you Daryll said
Like when you meet a fan in your local grocery store, you feel a 'connection'... It's TOUGH to explain but Michael has the POWER to 'unite' us all as one BIG family...
it's the most wonderfull feeling when you meet a new person and they have a positive opinion of Michael or they're a fan.

I guess it varies. I'd say that I share some of the philosophy and his values but I know that I'm not 100% "Michael like" and I have some opinions that I'm pretty sure Michael wouldn't agree with me. It's just different outlooks on life.

What is wonderfull is that there are so many different type of people in MJ fans. And if there is a fan gathering everybody is accepted no matter how the look or dress like. That's what I've personally experienced. :)

Then again...

540366_365477593497602_100001060930367_1121200_222520546_n.jpg

Thanks for your replies. I didn't mean to be gone for so long from here but time flew :)

What you Daryll said

it's the most wonderfull feeling when you meet a new person and they have a positive opinion of Michael or they're a fan.

I guess it varies. I'd say that I share some of the philosophy and his values but I know that I'm not 100% "Michael like" and I have some opinions that I'm pretty sure Michael wouldn't agree with me. It's just different outlooks on life.

What is wonderfull is that there are so many different type of people in MJ fans. And if there is a fan gathering everybody is accepted no matter how the look or dress like. That's what I've personally experienced. :)

Ah, well... stupid life obligations hey... I was exactly planning to go to the movies bur since it's so 'freaking' cold for April I decided to 'cuddle' up at home means ONLINE ;)

Anyway, I don't agree on ALL what Michael does... He made some 'stupid' mistakes too but we all make them right :doh:
Indeed, we do have a 'special' connection... Though, I have to say that 'grief' sometimes makes it harder NOW... :no:

Back