Are there still some so called “ hidden gems” left in the vault?

I just read in another thread that there is a version of the Beatles "Strawberry Fields" somewhere in the vault! My favourite Beatles song! Has there ever been any discussion or info regarding this?

There is song called stay .and another one called colorblind and jungle city recorded

I just read in another thread that there is a version of the Beatles "Strawberry Fields" somewhere in the vault! My favourite Beatles song! Has there ever been any discussion or info regarding this?
Michael Jackson never recorded a cover version of the 'Strawberry Fields Forever' song.

Besides, sound engineers and producers who worked with the singer have no knowledge of such a song (recorded by Michael Jackson) when fans approach them and they ask them about it.

That song existed at some point only as a suggestion for his ill-fated 'Decade' album, as confirmed by Brad Sundberg.
There is song called stay .and another one called colorblind and jungle city recorded
'Jungle City' exists, but apparently not with Michael Jackson's vocals on it.

Elliot Straite (aka Dr. Freeze) presented this song as a demo to him, but it was not one of their priorities (for the 'Invincible' album), so the song remained vocally not finished.

Note that the Elliot Straite sessions (with Michael Jackson) included very few finished (vocally) songs.

Michael Jackson never recorded a cover version of the 'Strawberry Fields Forever' song.

Besides, sound engineers and producers who worked with the singer have no knowledge of such a song (recorded by Michael Jackson) when fans approach them and they ask them about it.

That song existed at some point only as a suggestion for his ill-fated 'Decade' album, as confirmed by Brad Sundberg.

'Jungle City' exists, but apparently not with Michael Jackson's vocals on it.

Elliot Straite (aka Dr. Freeze) presented this song as a demo to him, but it was not one of their priorities (for the 'Invincible' album), so the song remained vocally not finished.

Note that the Elliot Straite sessions (with Michael Jackson) included very few finished (vocally) songs.
What song MJ worked with Elliot straite .there is person called Harun he said
(I heard Jungle By my own ears!!! Its complete and reminds me on Tabloid Junkie.
It was in Cologne at a Seminar. Trust me it was a complete Song. 100% release able!)

Last edited:
(I heard Jungle By my own ears!!! Its complete and reminds me on Tabloid Junkie.
It was in Cologne at a Seminar. Trust me it was a complete Song. 100% release able!)
Elliot Straite worked with Michael Jackson on about 5-6 songs, but they focused on only 3 of them (i.e., 'Break Of Dawn', 'A Place With No Name' and 'Blue Gangsta').

Note that if 'Jungle City' was complete and releasable, then the Estate would have released it after Michael Jackson's death.

Instead, they posthumously released 'A Place With No Name' and 'Blue Gangsta', which clearly suggests that 'Jungle City' is a incomplete song in terms of vocals.

Wouldn't it be "Tabloid Jungle" instead? The "Tabloid Junkie" demo.

perfect, Why You Wana Trip On Me is also in the Style of Jungle

Elliot Straite worked with Michael Jackson on about 5-6 songs, but they focused on only 3 of them (i.e., 'Break Of Dawn', 'A Place With No Name' and 'Blue Gangsta').

Note that if 'Jungle City' was complete and releasable, then the Estate would have released it after Michael Jackson's death.

Instead, they posthumously released 'A Place With No Name' and 'Blue Gangsta', which clearly suggests that 'Jungle City' is a incomplete song in terms of vocals.
confused I'm someone said it's finished and someone said no

Last edited:
You know tracks that are highly praised by those that heard it or worked on it?
I seem to remember this was the case with “we’ve had enough” and imo that was definitely a hidden gem.
Anything else that gets praised a lot?
From what I've heard, I can definitely rank the "gems" as followed

• gem#1: Streetwalker (the outtake, not the boring Bottrell mix on Bad 25)
  • gem#2: Buffalo Bill
  • gem#3: there ain't any other song (I've heard) that I'd categorize as a "gem"

The Streetwalker outtake/early version you mean did leak in LQ to Youtube or do you mean another one? :)

So you're saying you have heard Buffalo Bill?

I think Man In Black might be a potential gem. I have enjoyed the low quality version that has leaked. I hope someday a better quality version gets a release.

So you're saying you have heard Buffalo Bill?
I have. It's is as infectious as Smooth criminal or streetwalker.
Have you heard this one?
Oh boy, this one has a real shitty quality. I recognize similarities but can't tell for sure if it's exactly the same version I heard.
I mean this version:

(The sound reminds me at Don't Be Messin' Round)

This is its pre-Quincey&Bruce demo.

And how many unreleased songs do you estimate you've heard complete vocally?

I think Bruce Swedien was right when he said there're no more than 1 or 2 outtakes per album.

Bruce was talking about fully produced and finalized songs.
This comes down to semantics imo. If you don’t love me, work that body, serious effect, superfly sister, monkey business, someone put your hand out, mind is the magic, what about us (to an extent), slave to the rhythm, For all time are all fully produced songs. Maybe not finalized to the point of MJ standards but still. That is more than just 1-2 outtakes. The same goes for Bad which have even more fully produced songs.

Last edited:
Back