Austin Brown's Song On His Myspace!!!

I don't think Austin is trying to align himself to his famous lineage...its not his fault the way he sounds or OUR instinctive need to compare his voice and artistic choices to that of his famous family.

I like the first single for its unique melody/tune...I also think Austin has improved on his vocals...what I didn't like is the music arrangement but perhaps that was done intentionally..I felt it was a little too mismatched with the rest of the emotion of the song.

thanks for the updates christina.

the song is decent. But why did he bite off of his uncle's human nature and why is slightly singing like michael. Like light and airy post j5 era. I don't know. But I have never been a fan of "oh my dad was a famous singer, So I can be one too." Not saying that austin isn't talented I just don't like the whole I have a family member with a talent and now I am talented in that area as well.

Anyway he deffo shouldn't bite off of music on the first single. I mean really.

I agree and disagree at the same time with your post. The song is okay, it didn't knock me out, but this kid is just starting out so I have to wait for more cuts. I think it's unfair to say that he's biting off his uncle's sound, but I know where you're coming from. There are so many wannabe MJ artists and out there today, I don't want this kid to be put into that category. I hope he has his own identity but it has to start with the music and this song won't cut it. Austin Brown has IT, but he need to come a little bit stronger.

I don't think Austin is trying to align himself to his famous lineage...its not his fault the way he sounds or OUR instinctive need to compare his voice and artistic choices to that of his famous family.

I like the first single for its unique melody/tune...I also think Austin has improved on his vocals...what I didn't like is the music arrangement but perhaps that was done intentionally..I felt it was a little too mismatched with the rest of the emotion of the song.

thanks for the updates christina.

He can go to a real rock-soul fusion if he wants to and he don't have to sound Jackson at all. :lol:

Sorry for your loss. :( :flowers: And thanks. :)

Thanks I have such admiration for your mature depth of music not many kids like you would be so passionate about great artistry you have for Marvin, Diana and all of the music greats, I Know your history in terms of loving music and studying it in college still it's refreshing to see you, wannbe know your history and appreciate REAL singers, I'm 38 and honestly most people your age i meet only wanna know Souja Boy and Flo-rida it's scary.

Back to the topic at hand, before you guys dismiss Austin let's give his project a fair chance and hear all the music, If i have to hear TMB by Mariah one more time imma puke Mariah is my girl but that song is blander than bland.

Last edited:
hope you make a good point. we should all gie the project a chance. I've heard half of it and I think he's gonna have quite a fanbase. I'm looking forward to meeting the non jackson fans - they will be the true test of time you know.

hope you make the perfect point. let's wait and give it a chance.

Thanks I have such admiration for your mature depth of music not many kids like you would be so passionate about great artistry you have for Marvin, Diana and all of the music greats, I Know your history in terms of loving music and studying it in college still it's refreshing to see you, wannbe know your history and appreciate REAL singers, I'm 38 and honestly most people your age i meet only wanna know Souja Boy and Flo-rida it's scary.

Back to the topic at hand, before you guys dismiss Austin let's give his project a fair chance and hear all the music, If i have to hear TMB by Mariah one more time imma puke Mariah is my girl but that song is blander than bland.

I feel you on that. Maybe he has a better song anyways. ;) But I think he was trying too hard to do something that'll be appealing to the commercial R&B audience. I mean, didn't this guy boast about doing a mixture of rock, soul AND hip-hop in the album? Hmm...

Austin's going to be different than your average Chris Browns, Omarions, Ne-Yo's and all those cats... He's different than them. In general, his sound came from a time he spent in europe... a particular time. he found his sound. I can't wait for the album to release!!

Last edited:
I must say,

Thank you guys for really being fair and showing both sides because that's what it's all about. And honestly, that's the stuff Austin wants to see. He wants the honesty to come out... past times 3t fans have had ways of being honest... but in a rude way. i think you guys have been very cool with showing your thoughts - thank you!!

www.bboisound.com

Yeah Timmy, I feel the same. Happy birthday, by the way! I'm willing to give Austin a chance. He's talented I think. But as you said, he's just gotta come out with something that will catch people's attention and I don't think this track is going to cut it, just to be honest. But he may have a lot better tracks too, so it's best to just wait and see.

And thank hopesprings, and also, I'm very sorry for your lose. I know how that feels, believe me.

Last edited:
jan's album did NOT suffer from lack of promo. the first video sucked and didn't go at all w/ the song. IF/WHEN auggie releases his album, if the promo what it should be, he should b fine

OK cant wait to hear more from Austin.

Happy Birthday Timmy and yeah I do agree I turned 24 this March and wasn't all that feeling the first track but I might have been thinking too much Jackson instead of Austin Brown lol.

Hopespringeternal - much love to you and so sorry for your loss.

OK cant wait to hear more from Austin.

Happy Birthday Timmy and yeah I do agree I turned 24 this March and wasn't all that feeling the first track but I might have been thinking too much Jackson instead of Austin Brown lol.

Hopespringeternal - much love to you and so sorry for your loss.

Thanks TeharaMJ for that :flowers:

I must have missed it but what label is he on? i hope they give him some serious promo i still think that Def Jam totally screwed up Janet's 'Discipline' project the promo has been seriously lacking for her and I'm afraid it's all going to Mariah now, my hope this doesn't happen to Austin.
I have noticed that too since janets new album came out there hasnt been much promotion for it although there was before it came out and I dont see Janet on may magazines or doing many interviews. I do hope that Austin does well I have heard his new song on the 3T Comeback MySpace page and its excellent. He dosent really sound like any of the Jacksons. I like that because he has developed his own style so he wont be compared to the legacy as much

The great thing about austin is that his team is extremely professional and have been around the block. On youtube i heard from a friend of his who worked with him that this song was produced by The Neptunes. It's an amazing track! 1st Sight is the bomb!!! He's starting promo in New York, but will be all over the place after NY, so everyone be on the lookout! :D

Another thing I want everyone to know about Austin is that he didn't just come up in the game being handed things. Someone commented earlier saying they hate when people do music because they have all the doors open to them from their family being in music. Austin hasn't been handed one thing. He has worked hit butt off to get where he is today and will be soon on his own. It is all him. The talent shines through him and clearly shows his hard work.

And something else. The 2005 montage and music clip of him: Don't take that as his musical sound. That was 2005 and Austin does not support any of those tracks. He is much more musically influenced and has a more defined sound. Check out 1st Sight for the real Austin sound.

Christina
Ps: GO AUSTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.bboisound.com

Austin's song is pretty damn good. Thanks for posting.

the musics intresting and his voice is pretty good but the song goes nowhere. wheres the climax of the song,bridge etc. its just goes on and on and when you get to the end u think is that it?

l_7f2188ad75d140b4a86b5044782b1ae1.jpg

Last edited:
haha tired. that's his new one up. he turns over the album and it' s up to the label to agree w/ it or ask himi to re-do it.

Back