BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion [Closed] please cont. discussion in BAD25 Announcement thread

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BAD 25 - 2012 - Official Discussion Thread

God, how gorgeous he is. OH.......

tumblr_m11fjvNuli1r0yfj2.gif

Oh I know...:naughty:

Mod Note
Lets get back on topic please > So i don't have to clean this thread. This is not an Adele bashing thread and that discussion is derailing the thread. Stating she can go to HELL is against MJJC policy and any further post of that nature will be infracted. If you don't want her singing on MJ album fine but cut the disrespectful bashing of this woman, Who has done nothing to you or MJ to deserve that level of hate or any hate for that matter. There isn't any reliable information coming out that she is even involved in Bad 25 so there is no reason to even go there.

Mod hat off _ Let us reason together.
Her words on that video show she admires MJ and for you information because some of you seem clueless about this FACT. Many Brits and Aussies use the term Jacko as a nickname because not everyone has your secret MJ Fan code yet .. That MJ didn't like it .. and thats a FACT. Its easy enough to tell when someone doesn't like MJ and are using it negatively and when someone is using it as a nickname. If they are praising MJ and say they admire him then its is a good sign it is not being used to disrespect him. Adele didn't say ANYTHING negative about MJ. she voiced an opinion on whether she thought he could do the 50 dates as many fans here have also questioned if he could based on his health which is not demeaning his character.

Exactly. I think many fans seem to overreact when it comes to the nickname, and in doing so create a really negative environment! Back on topic: I would love a 3 Blu Ray/DVD boxset, featuring an 87leg concert,(not Yokohama!) Maybe Brisbane or Sydney, an 88leg concert (obviously Wembley) and the MSG 89 concert. All remastered onBlu Ray and including an assorted array of extras!

I can't wait for an official announcement.

Hope they will release something like a BAD TOUR box set with 2-3 different concerts, lots of extra material, rehearsal footage etc. etc.

The greatest concert tour in music history needs the best and biggest DVD/Blu-Ray release ever. - And I would love to see it in cinema too!

Mod hat off _ Let us reason together.
Her words on that video show she admires MJ and for you information because some of you seem clueless about this FACT. Many Brits and Aussies use the term Jacko as a nickname because not everyone has your MJ Fan secret code yet .. That MJ didn't like it - and thats a FACT. Its easy enough to tell when someone doesn't like MJ and are using it negatively and when someone is using it as a nickname. If they are praising MJ and say they admire him then its is a good sign it is not being used to disrespect him. Adele didn't say ANYTHING negative about MJ. she voiced an opinion on whether she thought he could do the 50 dates as many fans here have also questioned if he could based on his health which is not demeaning his character.

MJ hated when someone called him Jacko!

This has nothing to do with British, Australian or American English.

The only reason why this nickname was coined by the British tabloids was to rhyme with the word "wacko". It is not "Jacko" itself that is disturbing, but the origin of it that is hurtful (coming from "wacko"). It wasn't coined with a friendly idea behind it. That's why MJ hated it.

On the other hand, Mike was nicknamed Smelly by Quincy because he worked so hard in the studio that sometimes he didn't take the time to take his shower. Although Smelly could be kind of hurtful, Michael didn't mind it, because the origin of it was based on his hard work, not on something negative like "Jacko".

With this said, Adele is probably not realizing that she is using a wrong term. However, this is not an excuse not to react and not to correct her. I hope someone tells her that it is a negative nickname and that MJ didn't like it.

I just can't accept anyone calling him by that. He detested it, and so do I.

If the person is unaware of how Michael felt about that name, then they need to be educated. If they still continue to call him that, they deserve no place in Michael's legacy or our respect.

Guys, Adele obviously didn't know Michael's feelings about "Jacko". I agree that someone needs to tell her but sitting here hating her and telling her to go to hell will not help the situation at all.

If the person is unaware of how Michael felt about that name, then they need to be educated. If they still continue to call him that, they deserve no place in Michael's legacy or our respect.
Yep I agree with you Rhilo
If the person is unaware of how Michael felt about that name, then they need to be educated. If they then stop calling him that, they deserve a place in Michael's legacy and our respect.

I really hope they release both Blu-ray and DVD of the BAD tour, so people can decide what themselves. But, I will be disappointed if there is no Blu-ray. HD TV is getting more affordable these days. It's inevitable that more and more people will upgrade to HD TV. Blu-ray is really the way to go.

I have a 46 inch HD TV. The shortcomings of DVD are obvious on my TV. When watching Michael, I want to watch him on big TV, not on my small laptop monitor. As a matter of fact, I'd pay to see all his videos on big screen. I watched TII 18 times in theatre.

I'd welcome a IJCSLY mix with Adele, because I know her voice is soulful enough to do the song justice.

MJ hated when someone called him Jacko!

This has nothing to do with British, Australian or American English.

The only reason why this nickname was coined by the British tabloids was to rhyme with the word "wacko". It is not "Jacko" itself that is disturbing, but the origin of it that is hurtful (coming from "wacko"). It wasn't coined with a friendly idea behind it. That's why MJ hated it.

On the other hand, Mike was nicknamed Smelly by Quincy because he worked so hard in the studio that sometimes he didn't take the time to take his shower. Although Smelly could be kind of hurtful, Michael didn't mind it, because the origin of it was based on his hard work, not on something negative like "Jacko".

With this said, Adele is probably not realizing that she is using a wrong term. However, this is not an excuse not to react and not to correct her. I hope someone tells her that it is a negative nickname and that MJ didn't like it.
If I'm not mistaken, the nickname 'Jacko' was used in Australia (and perhaps the UK as well) already before "Wacko" was added to it. I distinctly remember seeing old newspaper articles on a fan board in which MJ was referred to as just 'Jacko" without a hurtful connotation.

Doesn't the term Jacko originate in the 1500's and mean monkey? I'm sure we had a thread that discussed this not too long ago.

Jacko was being used to describe Michael by the media before "wacko" was ever added to it. Its refereenced in the first J. Randy Tamborelli book, which was made before they started calling him that other name. He's been called Jacko since Thriller, mostly by the European media.

Well obviously since Wacko was added to Jacko, MJ has hated it.

Can we move on?

I :heart: the BAD Album! :wild:

There. Back on topic :D

MJ's sooooo BAD! ... I mean soooo good! :D

He said I'm not "Jacko", I'm Jackson. He didn't mention the word "Wacko".
"You should not say he's he's a Jacko. I'm not a Jacko. I'm Jackson. Wacko Jacko, where does that come from. From English tabloids. I have a heart and I have feelings and I feel that when you do that to me. It's not nice. Don't do it. I'm not a wacko".

He's so BAD...BAD,BAD, Really really BAD. :cheeky:

Arky, that's a beautiful avatar!!!

Back on topic - I'm quite curious about the Spike Lee documentary.

Well obviously since Wacko was added to Jacko, MJ has hated it.

Can we move on?
I agree, but you were the one who brought up the origins of the word again in the first place, Bumper.

I am curious about the Spike Lee docu as well. It would be amazing if it includes studio footage.

I agree, but you were the one who brought up the origins of the word again in the first place, Bumper.

I am curious about the Spike Lee docu as well. It would be amazing if it includes studio footage.

Personally, I think there is a lot more studio footage out there than we know...I believe there's all sorts of little treasures out there that any fan would salivate over...It's just a matter of if/when we'll ever see it ...I mean, even that Raisins footage of Michael...That kinda stuff that just pops out of nowhere are the real treasures :D

Arky, that's a beautiful avatar!!!

Back on topic - I'm quite curious about the Spike Lee documentary.

Me too! My post about it got lost in between Adele and "Jacko".

Spike Lee visited Wesley Snipes in prison recently. Do you think they talked about Wesley's time working with Michael and starring in the Bad music video? Maybe I'm just being hopeful but Spike could have interviewed him for using in his documentary.

Personally, I think there is a lot more studio footage out there than we know...I believe there's all sorts of little treasures out there that any fan would salivate over...It's just a matter of if/when we'll ever see it ...I mean, even that Raisins footage of Michael...That kinda stuff that just pops out of nowhere are the real treasures :D
I am inclined to believe the same. MJ was filming so much of his life. Even if he did not record himself while delivering his vocals, I'm sure that there is more than enough footage to create a 'Making of' docu that will make all of us here go crazy. Just think of that short clip from ET that was posted recently, in which MJ was going over the set list for Dangerous. There has got to be so much footage like that.

I am inclined to believe the same. MJ was filming so much of his life. Even if he did not record himself while delivering his vocals, I'm sure that there is more than enough footage to create a 'Making of' docu that will make all of us here go crazy. Just think of that short clip from ET that was posted recently, in which MJ was going over the set list for Dangerous. There has got to be so much footage like that.

Yeah exactly...I mean, nothing major but just those little things that only fans can really, truly appreciate...I think there's lots and lots of little things like that ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back