BAD 25 - 2012 - General Discussion [Closed] please cont. discussion in BAD25 Announcement thread

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BAD 25 - 2012 - Official Discussion Thread

I am confused. Don't they estate have Michael's things? They don't know where things are?

Good question I thought the Estate are the ones who can authorize use of any new MJ footage and etc.. That's why Sony always over using the Bucharest dangerous tour concert footage in every damn thing cause that's all they have permission to use among other things we seen millions of times already. What was the point in a new contract with Sony if they can't even get the unrealeased stuff? SMH

Until I see what exactly their goin to do with Bad25 CD I see nothin to get excited over. The Pepsi can thing is the only thing so far that is pretty neat. Even though I can't stand them lol And a Bad 88 tour DVD... I believe it when I see it. So...until then.....

I am confused. Don't they estate have Michael's things? They don't know where things are?

Leslie had this bit of info in her blog, posted a while ago
"Hamid Moslehi, MJ's past personal videographer registered several audio/video materials recently. The materials consists recordings of MJ concerts and his personal life. Will he expose them somehow?"
http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.com/

I thought when Michael hired someone to do video-graphing, so wouldn't Michael (now MJ's estate) own the footage?

Last edited:

Good question I thought the Estate are the ones who can authorize use of any new MJ footage and etc.. That's why Sony always over using the Bucharest dangerous tour concert footage in every damn thing cause that's all they have permission to use among other things we seen millions of times already. What was the point in a new contract with Sony if they can't even get the unrealeased stuff? SMH

Until I see what exactly their goin to do with Bad25 CD I see nothin to get excited over. The Pepsi can thing is the only thing so far that is pretty neat. Even though I can't stand them lol And a Bad 88 tour DVD... I believe it when I see it. So...until then.....

This is what I meant. The same Dangerous footage is used again and again and again. Don't get me wrong. I love Dangerous in Bucharest. However, it's getting tiring when Sony keeps using the same video.

The Estate can authorize the use of MJ's image. But, at this point, I can't help but wonder what unreleased materials the Estate has already recovered and inventoried. The Estate either doesn't have much or disinclinates to give Sony more.

Still a big question mark to me.

Leslie had this bit of info in her blog, posted a while ago
"Hamid Moslehi, MJ's past personal videographer registered several audio/video materials recently. The materials consists recordings of MJ concerts and his personal life. Will he expose them somehow?"
http://lesliemjhu.blogspot.com/

I thought when Michael hired someone to do video-graphing, so wouldn't Michael (now MJ's estate) own the footage?

I would think that the videographer cannot make a profit from the videos without the Estate's authorization.

Yeah, I thought the Estate owned whatever material that was produced under Michael's directive. Isn't that how it should be?

Yeah, I thought the Estate owned whatever material that was produced under Michael's directive. Isn't that how it should be?

My question is why the videos were not given to Michael? If copies of the videos were given to Michael, they should be in some sort of vault or library, which the Estate should have possession of. Since the videos are copyrighted, the Estate needs to give credits to the videographer if the videos were to be released commercially.

I still think the videographer cannot profit from Michael's image or likeliness without the Estate's authorization.

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't like the way the colors were restored for Man In The Mirror on the Moonwalker Blu-ray. It doesn't look natural at all, especially his skin tone. Smooth Criminal looks great though!

Agreed. Tho blu-rays video quality is great.

This message is exclusively for T.N.A. :

I hope they release BAD Tour on Blu-Ray.

All I expect from BAD 25 is a CD with a couple of unreleased songs and possibly tokyo first night I think a second leg release was always too good to be true.

Why is second leg too good to be true?

Hamid M might have more video footage of Michael than we think, and he might have right to use them too.
Shout to Ivy, do you have legal expertise on this case?
Below post gives me an impression that MJ (back in 2005) and if the same laws apply now, the estate is not allowed to use his material without his permission?

His videos was used in The footage that you weren't meant to see and he later sued Michael for it.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/hero-videographer-sues-jackson

All I expect from BAD 25 is a CD with a couple of unreleased songs and possibly tokyo first night I think a second leg release was always too good to be true.

I hope they'll release the video of Bad Tour. How about you?

Hamid M is not the guy who can access the actual vault (to my knowledge). Same with Marc Schaffel & co. They were just cameramen, not in charge of the vault and archives.
They have some of the footage they did for MJ though (hence the Schaffel DVD in Japan some years ago).

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Zakk
Please Sony & The Estate of Michael Jackson please release the second leg of the BAD World Tour on Blu-Ray and/or DVD this year all the fans want it because michael was beautiful then and his voice was incredible, so please release this amazing Tour on Blu-Ray and/or DVD this year. :)

quote_icon.png
I want the second leg of the BAD World Tour show to the fans.:angel:

quote_icon.png
we need the second leg of the BAD Tour on DVD this year.

quote_icon.png
me too I really hope a BAD Tour second leg concert will be released this year.

quote_icon.png
I don't mind which concert it is, I just hope Sony and the Estate give us what we want and what we want is the BAD Tour second leg on DVD this year.

quote_icon.png
I don't care what concert we get but I just hope it will be from the second leg so please sony and estate release the second leg of the BAD World Tour on dvd this year we all want it.

quote_icon.png
I don't care what format it gets released on!! I just want the second leg of the BAD World Tour on DVD this year.

quote_icon.png
BAD 25 will not be BAD 25 without the BAD Tour second leg on DVD.

quote_icon.png
Dear The estate of Michael Jackson & Sony Music Entertainment,

BAD 25 will not be BAD 25 without the BAD Tour second leg on DVD.

Yours Sincerely,
#MJFans

quote_icon.png
If we don't get a second leg BAD Tour concert this year then that will ruin BAD25 for me.

You already said the exact same thing 20 times now.

T.N.A. Do you hope they will release the BAD Tour? I know I do.

I hope they do officially released some footage of the bad tour. Problem is will anyone be satisfied? No matter what, some fans are going to like it. Some aren't.

They should release Captain EO and Making of on DVD and Blu Ray as part of promotion of Bad 25 project. That would be awesome.

I am extremely worried now.... :(

I hope they do officially released some footage of the bad tour. Problem is will anyone be satisfied? No matter what, some fans are going to like it. Some aren't.

Nothing in the world can satisfy everybody. Different people have different preference. It's human nature. So, to me, it isn't a problem that they can not satisfy everyone. The problem is whether they are going to put together a worthwhile anniversary collection that honor the legacy Michael spent his whole life to build, instead of another money-grab.

How come no one has wished for a Bad Tour on BluRay/DVD? :scratch:

Its not to good too be true I meant the release.

How come no one has wished Live-cd of the bad tour? :doh:

I agree that you cannot satisfy everybody. But if there is one project that has the potential to satisfy most of the fanbase, bah gawd, it has got to be a Bad Tour 88 release. :lol:

I'd like some sort of collector box. Leather. White. The 'Bad' spray paint on the front. It includes a T-Shirt, the 3 Disc CD and the Wembley Blu-Ray. Also some photo cards. VERY wishful thinking I know! :p

Hamid M might have more video footage of Michael than we think, and he might have right to use them too.
Shout to Ivy, do you have legal expertise on this case?
Below post gives me an impression that MJ (back in 2005) and if the same laws apply now, the estate is not allowed to use his material without his permission?

His videos was used in The footage that you weren't meant to see and he later sued Michael for it.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/hero-videographer-sues-jackson

I would have said if it was "works for hire" that would mean that the copyrights are owned by Michael but the above document says that he was never hired and was an independent contractor and therefore has the rights. I'll check to see if I can find more information about the above lawsuit.

Hamid M is not the guy who can access the actual vault (to my knowledge). Same with Marc Schaffel & co. They were just cameramen, not in charge of the vault and archives.
They have some of the footage they did for MJ though (hence the Schaffel DVD in Japan some years ago).

sorry but what is the source of this information that mj estate does not have access to vaults and such?

Trolling lvl. Bumper...

Touche Bumper, touche!

@Bumper..well, as you can clearly tell, you're the only one :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back