Bad Tour DVD [CLOSED] Cont. discussion in The Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley DVD Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bad Tour DVD (Disscussion Thread)

All I am trying to say is that, as far as I can see, fans are extremely happy with BAD 25 before it has even been released.

Luckily this DVD thread is an apart thread where only the concerns about the video quality are raised. So all in all I don't think that the negativity prevails the positivity in general.

We already know that the sound is going to be perfect so we are not questioning that, hence we know that it's gonna be better than the bootleg quality.

However, the VHS quality is not something that can be ignored that easily. It is the fans' right to raise concerns based on science (=VHS technology), not on some rumors going on tweeter or other social networks. When you understand how VHS technology works, it is futile to expect anything close to DVD quality, unless we all watch that BAD Tour DVD on a maximum 30" TV set with cathodic tube.

Well, I hope they won't completely shut down the sound/noise from the crowd, screaming etc... otherwise, it would sound like a playback :X

---------> []

Well, I hope they won't completely shut down the sound/noise from the crowd, screaming etc... otherwise, it would sound like a playback :X

---------> []

I like the screaming, crowds, etc....Adds to the excitement...

OK, I'm currently watching Queen Rock Montreal as it's being broadcast on SkyArts HD... Damn, that looks impressive visually!

Anyway, back to the topic of the VHS concert :p

what that thompson guy saw wasnt blurry,hmm?
just like some here see that the snippet from one tv station issssnt that bad as from other or from yotube, right?
such conments shouldn't come up at all.
but we requested wembley,now we gonna eat it.

i was one of those who said better not LA. he looked tired to me. vocaly not that good. when i think of the footage we've seen, it was mistake. but

OK, I'm currently watching Queen Rock Montreal as it's being broadcast on SkyArts HD... Damn, that looks impressive visually!

It's cuz it was Canada :p

It's not Charles that says it. It was another guy who works for Sony Entertainment actually.

It's not Charles that says it. It was another guy who works for Sony Entertainment actually.

Ivy, you do realize that the concerns of the video quality are not based on who says what, right. VHS contains only 250 pixels compared to a DVD that contains 750 pixels and to blu-ray that contains 1080 pixels. Also that the 250 pixels will be copied to the DVD without further gain of pixels and that fans are concerned to display those 250 pixels on a TV that normally needs 1080 pixels. This means that 830 pixels will be missing. It's impossible to compensate them even for SONY who are specialized in hi-tech.

This guy that works for Sony have any idea if they have the film or not? Maybe he could tell us if there's a Blu-ray release possibility.

I am concerned, but i have faith for a bluray. Right? Michael album had 1 month...while this release has 4 months. I think its safe to say that they wont mess up this time.

just like some here see that the snippet from one tv station issssnt that bad as from other or from yotube, right?
such conments shouldn't come up at all.
but we requested wembley,now we gonna eat it.

i was one of those who said better not LA. he looked tired to me. vocaly not that good. when i think of the footage we've seen, it was mistake. but

I agree with you about LA. He looked and sounded tired. (Atleast from the audio, he sounds quite tired)I've always wanted Wembley becasue he was very energetic and not so much in LA. I was looking at the LA footage today on The One again, and the quality is good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Something in me tells me that, soon enough, the Estate is going to announce that they've received the original negatives of the concert and are scrapping the VHS release for that. That would honestly make my LIFE:)

Extremely low possibility of that happening, but oh well...

Perhaps they are saying "their releasing the VHS" for Nocturne to lower their price?

Something in me tells me that, soon enough, the Estate is going to announce that they've received the original negatives of the concert and are scrapping the VHS release for that. That would honestly make my LIFE:)

Extremely low possibility of that happening, but oh well...

If this would happen. i would die.

I don't think this is true. They would've released the BETA of Wembley then. Nocturne owns the concerts. I will assume the Estate tried to make a deal with them, but it didn't go well.

GoFlying himself told that the estate owns every concert Nocturne filmed.

GoFlying himself told that the estate owns every concert Nocturne filmed.
Thanks for this. I just think there is no way Michael would hire the film crew to shoot his concerts and give away his copyright. It made no sense to me unless Michael had been tricked or got screwed by his managers.

:unsure: *Waiting*...in the meantime ask Nocturne for the blu-ray.

Thanks for this. I just think there is no way Michael would hire the film crew to shoot his concerts and give away his copyright. It made no sense to me unless Michael had been tricked or get screwed by his managers.

I hope that's true. I'm still confused. If that's the case, then Estate has no excuse other than to release the best possible quality.

:fear:
kermit.gif

Michael owned all of his footage. He had his own videographer and archivist. He kept it all, he even owned the footage of his Motown 25 performance. Nocturne may have some tapes of some shows but ithe master tapes were owned and archived by Michael. Nocturne has no rights or ownership of the tapes. There's a reason why they didn't use the film reels/beta tapes, even though they most likely know where it all is

And I don't know why people are blaming Sony, they're pretty much just the distributors

Mod Note_ Thread cleaned -Ok guys please stay on topic
This is the BAD Tour DVD discussion thread. We have threads availabe for every topic you wish to discuss
about Bad 25. Rather then delete your Pepsi Can discussions as off topic in this thread. We have moved
them to the Pepsi promo thread for you. .. Your welcome :)

Ivy, you do realize that the concerns of the video quality are not based on who says what, right. VHS contains only 250 pixels compared to a DVD that contains 750 pixels and to blu-ray that contains 1080 pixels. Also that the 250 pixels will be copied to the DVD without further gain of pixels and that fans are concerned to display those 250 pixels on a TV that normally needs 1080 pixels. This means that 830 pixels will be missing. It's impossible to compensate them even for SONY who are specialized in hi-tech.

you know what Bumper, even that's the case you have two choices whether to buy or not buy it.

In a perfect world we would have gotten the perfect Blu-ray, however the world is not perfect. For whatever reason we aren't getting it. So we can spend all of our time to bitch and moan about the release or choose to be happy with what we get - even though it might be perfect. So it's every person's own decision to buy or not. and honestly I'm fed up with the constant negativity. I'll be enjoying this release. I will happily put the DVD to my HD TV and watch the magic of Michael even though it might be blurry or not perfect. and for the record if there's ever a DVD quality controversy thread that goes on for 1+ years, you won't find me there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back