Bad Tour DVD [CLOSED] Cont. discussion in The Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley DVD Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bad Tour DVD (Disscussion Thread)

well technically that just shows that it was shot on film. It doesn't show that it's still available or accessible.

well technically that just shows that it was shot on film. It doesn't show that it's still available or accessible.

And nor does it say it's not available.

I find it weird that Estate doesn't have a hold of footages and film reels. So I guess they have these problems finding decent source. I mean the Estate should have it. It's THE Estate, who else? Not the average Joe..
But in reality I guess that's different. Oh well.

And nor does it say it's not available.

your post said "it exists" in present tense. The article just mentions this person shooting and arranging the film in 1988. After that is unknown.

send this article to the estate. actions need to be done. contact the guy. no more excuses.

I find it weird that Estate doesn't have a hold of footages and film reels. So I guess they have these problems finding decent source. I mean the Estate should have it. It's THE Estate, who else? Not the average Joe..
But in reality I guess that's different. Oh well.

I'm not claiming whether Estate has or does not have the items but if they don't, it isn't that weird and this is shown by history and other events.

For example wouldn't you have expected Michael and/or his Estate have the Thriller jacket and other clothing items? It turns out they are in the possession of Michael Bush and being auctioned at his will. We would have expected Vaccaro would turn over Michael's items after a bankruptcy judge had said Michael's items aren't a part of the judgement but almost 20 years later it's still in Vaccaro's possession. Didn't you read how the Jacksons took Michael's items from Carolwood house and the Estate had to ask them to give them back? Latoya even confirmed that story on her book. Wouldn't you have expected Michael who had managers, accountants and lawyers to file taxes? but it wasn't done for 3 years. Wouldn't you expect that Michael had his artwork? Who would have expected that Tohme to gift them and Estate needing to file a lawsuit to fight for them? Wouldn't you expect Michael to hold on to his stuff at Neverland? Well even Michael did not see Tohme giving everything to be auctioned.

So yeah I would have expected Michael to have his master live recordings but if it turns out he doesn't have them due to incompetent staff members, thieves or normal misplacement/ loss , I personally wouldn't be that surprised.

I'm not claiming whether Estate has or does not have the items but if they don't it doesn't that weird and this is shown by history and other events.

For example wouldn't you have expected Michael and/or his Estate have the Thriller jacket and other clothing items? It turns out they are in the possession of Michael Bush and being auctioned at his will. We would have expected Vaccaro would turn over Michael's items after a bankruptcy judge had said Michael's items aren't a part of the judgement but almost 20 years later it's still in Vaccaro's possession. Didn't you read how the Jacksons took Michael's items from Carolwood house and the Estate had to ask them to give them back? Latoya even confirmed that story on her book. Wouldn't you have expected Michael who had managers, accountants and lawyers to file taxes? but it wasn't done for 3 years. Wouldn't you expect that Michael had his artwork? Who would have expected that Tohme to gift them and Estate needing to file a lawsuit to fight for them? Wouldn't you expect Michael to hold on to his stuff at Neverland? Well even Michael did not see Tohme giving everything to be auctioned.

So yeah I would have expected Michael to have his master live recordings but if it turns out he doesn't have them due to incompetent staff members, thieves or normal misplacement/ loss , I personally wouldn't be that surprised.

And I understand all this. I'm just saying it's a shame.. Cause they should have it.

send this article to the estate. actions need to be done. contact the guy. no more excuses.

or read the article. he just color adjusted the film when he was working for a company in 1988. He doesn't have the film.

@ivy
your last sentens is what i also belive.
people think michael had total control ove everything. but, sadly he didnt. and he complsined often that he is been cheated lied behind his back. that people dissapointed him.
he expected the people whose job was to secure those things to do their job. he can't run after everyone to check if his willing is done.
but for some is hard to belive. michael was good bussinesman. yes he was, but that is more of private regard then bussines.

ok frank came few times there. what happened?
can someone please contact that guy and tell us how the story ended.

I'm not claiming whether Estate has or does not have the items but if they don't it doesn't that weird and this is shown by history and other events.

damn when you see all this mess written in one post at the same time it is down right depressing how Michael's whole life has been scattered and the items from his existance are being sold to the highest bidder for a mere few dollars. uhgg...just ...uhgh. I would LOVE to see this video in high quality....but if the vhs footage is the only thing available then I have no other choice other than to except it...right??.....Of course I am right...I love Michael way to much to want what is not available...but..if better quality IS available...then I think that it is owed to Michael....not us his fans....to have his genius released in brilliant quality for the world to enjoy. jeez Ivy..seeing all that in a post together nearly brought me to tears...:(

If we don't get another trailer before the release(doubt it but) I will post a review of the quality of the DVD, said it before on here where I work the new release items come in 4 days ahead of the release date if anyone elese works in retail & there companny gets it quicker then do the same thing

if the film was used for the Another part of me video, Moonwalker etc, no doubt the film was digitalised and is in existence somewhere, someone has it, i think the estate should be alerted so they can track it down, as they are the only entity that can actually use it and release it?!?!

DVD includes "The Way You Make Me Feel"

Hey everyone!
Im sure most of you heard that "The Way You Make Me Feel" was never performed on July 16, 1988 and will not be in the DVD. Tho some rumors have been going around that the DVD will include a special features section that will include "TWYMMF" and other goodies, well just recently a "Bad 25" page was put up on Wikipedia and it has also been claiming this too.

According to Wikipedia, the live CD is the complete concert's audio... which does not have "TWYMMF" in the track listing. But the DVD's track listing does include it, and since Sony promised not to edit anything from both the CD and DVD, it is most likely "TWYMMF" will be from another concert found in the special features section of the DVD along with other unseen footage!

Please do check it yourselves and give some opinions on this and what you may think will happen!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad_25#Track_listing

I'm not claiming whether Estate has or does not have the items but if they don't, it isn't that weird and this is shown by history and other events.

I fully agree with your post, so sad:-(
I have mention that at least Thriller jacket is safe (I know it's off topic), but I just say that there were two Thriller jackets, one was sold but the other jacket is on display at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio, on loan from the Estate of Michael Jackson.

Re: DVD includes "The Way You Make Me Feel"

Wikipedia?

[youtube]Lf_KrGP61uo[/youtube]

@ivy
you are a little smarty-party, what?

where do i say he has them?
to contact him, i meant to tell us what happened after that. after he finished his work. where did the final material go?

Wikipedia says a lot of stuff.

ask wikipedia how they want to put full 100min show on 80min cd.

Last edited:

I saw a really interesting documentary on the late Stanley Kubrick a few weeks back, and he basically had every single scrap of anything he did catalogued and stored. Film footage, unused footage, scripts, drafts, scribbles, doodles, drawings, ideas, notes, everything! Did Michael Jackson not have a person to do this on his staff? Why would he have had 2 of the Wembley shows shot on film, amongst others and not catalogue and store them correctly?

I agree with Ivy that his property was badly managed and mishandled. I've actually always thought this and it explains a lot. Bad business deals, material used as colateral, his accountants or managers failing to pay certain parties for their work etc. I'm sure this situation can be rectified. There's 4 months to locate the film footage.

Hmm, saw the thread and was like :wild:

Then I saw the source and was all :hysterical:

lom kit;3647948 said:

This guy is on twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/warreneagles

I´m sure if anybody contacts him he would give us quite a lot and detailed information about which concerts were filmed, the quality and the chance for a blu-ray release.
So, does anyone have a twitter account?^^

@ivy
you are a little smarty-party, what?

where do i say he has them?
to contact him, i meant to tell us what happened after that. after he finished his work. where did the final material go?

Frank Dileo / Michael's staff got them and they used those in "another part of me" video. It is written in the article as well.

Lol maybe some 12 year old made that article in wikipedia. Also what's the point of making it now. Would be better to make it after release with precise details.

Hunter93;3647978 said:
This guy is on twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/warreneagles

I´m sure if anybody contacts him he would give us quite a lot and detailed information about which concerts were filmed, the quality and the chance for a blu-ray release.
So, does anyone have a twitter account?^^

Now I guess he's gonna be bombarded with tweets :p
Also it is fully possible he doesn't want to share anything about it and he maybe doesn't even care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back