Bad Tour DVD [CLOSED] Cont. discussion in The Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley DVD Quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bad Tour DVD (Disscussion Thread)

Did anyone pay attention to the Another Part of me official video done by that guy's work from actual film in full screen? It's not HD and I'm not sure even that is a quality level that would satisfy some on this thread.

Well, let us try at least.

Did anyone pay attention to the Another Part of me official video done by that guy's work from actual film in full screen? It's not HD and I'm not sure even that is a quality level that would satisfy some on this thread.

Of course 35 mm film needs high definition sampling to offer high definition quality.
Moonwalker in its original VHS Version had also a bad picture quality in comparison to the digital remastered blu-ray.

The another part of me video by the way is available in a better quality (than the youtube link) somwhere in this forum.

how do you conclude frank or his stuff got them. no where its said that. it problably given to noctrume and sony/michael used just footage of the song. frank came to see how work is going.

and apom was never released no where in hd. all you've seen is upsacale from the dvd or tv recordings.

Last edited:
Re: DVD includes "The Way You Make Me Feel"

The key word is "seems" we have seen a lot of misinformation posted about Michael on Wikipedia
check the sources they use for the info - they have to show the source ..

@ivy
you confuse something.
hd doesnt mean only 16:9 picture.
hd is 1280x720 & 1920x1080.
an 4:3(full screen) can be in 1920x1080 hd. then is letter-boxed. the way vision dvd is.
alot blu-rays have the OAR 4:3.

Last edited:
Hunter93;3647978 said:
This guy is on twitter:
https://twitter.com/#!/warreneagles

I´m sure if anybody contacts him he would give us quite a lot and detailed information about which concerts were filmed, the quality and the chance for a blu-ray release.
So, does anyone have a twitter account?^^

Are you sure that's him? I will try to contact him.

Re: DVD includes "The Way You Make Me Feel"

Well they better keep their promise about leaving stuff untouched.

OnirMJ;3648011 said:
Are you sure that's him? I will try to contact him.

I already contacted him via facebook.^^
But I´m pretty sure, that this is him. I mean, how many people are there named "Warren Eagles" dealing with filming and that stuff.

I dont really know if fans should be bothering this guy...I mean we dont want him to think that we are pests. If he answers ok....if not...i have a feeling there are gonna be fans that are going to continue to bother him...and maybe it wasn't right bringing his connection to the filming to light...idk..just my opinion.

The official video is the one on VISION, right? If so, then that quality is perfectly fine for me...

When will Sony make the announcement?

xthunderx2;3648017 said:
If he answers ok....if not...i have a feeling there are gonna be fans that are going to continue to bother him

totally agree with you here.
but this guys seems quite telling and people often love to talk about their work if somebody is really interested.
but let´s wait and see. however I´m for sure not the one, who will bother this guy if he doesn´t want to answer.

The estate can not deny this matter anymore. There needs to be a detailed statement about this. Now we have definitely proof that Wembley was shot on film. And it is somewhere...

Just ask yourself this: "which master was used for the 'Another Part Of Me' music video on the DVD 'Vision'???

The estate can not deny this matter anymore. There needs to be a detailed statement about this. Now we have definitely proof that Wembley was shot on film. And it is somewhere...

and when did they "deny" the matter? Last Tuesday they told me that they'll address it.

and when did they "deny" the matter? Last Tuesday they told me that they'll address it.

I'm sorry, I meant 'can't deny this any longer'. :)

How come some of you people can't comprehend that the audio CD will cut some songs because it won't all fit on the CD?
This is not out of the ordinary when people put concert audio on one disc.

And regarding Man In The Mirror and Another Part Of Me videos being shot on film: Maybe they were both shot with the intent of making a music video/used in Moonwalker so they shot on film.

They might have even shot some of those closeups of MJ and the band before the show actually let people into the venue.

And regarding Man In The Mirror and Another Part Of Me videos being shot on film: Maybe they were both shot with the intent of making a music video/used in Moonwalker so they shot on film.

They might have even shot some of those closeups of MJ and the band before the show actually let people into the venue.
Not likely.

From the article

The concert was shot on a mixture of 35mm and 16mm film, it seemed at times they were shooting film for fun!

16 mm is lower quality than 35mm. the mixture - not maintaining a certain quality - makes him think it was shot for fun and necessarily for a release.

The crew filmed 2 nights out of the 5 Wembley stadium gigs

so not every concert was filmed.

----

U know what I wonder so much. Why was Bad concert never released and why they do nothing against the bootleg of Bad Japan concert being sold all across the online retailers and in stores (such as Walgreens) ?

Jackson_popcorn.gif

ivy;3648047 said:
16 mm is lower quality than 35mm. the mixture - not maintaining a certain quality - makes him think it was shot for fun and necessarily for a release.

I don´t think that the mixture let´s him think, that this was "shooting for fun". Actually even high-budget projects like Batman: Dark Knight were filmed like that (some scenes are IMAX, others not - actually IMAX scenes are in 16:9, while the rest is in 21:9 cinemascope).

To me his statement indicates that they had that much material for filming, so that they could experiment with different angles, shots, etc. . I mean, just look at the Another Part of Me Video ...
However I´m not sure and of course you are right in saying that 16 mm actually means less quality.

From the article

----

U know what I wonder so much. Why was Bad concert never released and why they do nothing against the bootleg of Bad Japan concert being sold all across the online retailers and in stores (such as Walgreens) ?
wow...Ivy...I didn't know that a store could legally sell a bootlegged version of anything in a store....especially MJ ...I agree,,,wonder why the Estate hasn't stopped this.

Jackson himself stated he never wanted the concerts released in full, preferring fans to see him live.

Marketing wise

send this article to the estate. actions need to be done. contact the guy. no more excuses.

You should send it. It is clear you are very concerned about it.

Okay so it was shot on film, but like Ivy says we don't know it's whereabouts at the present time. And the only concert available is the one we are getting.

I agree we shouldn't settle for nothing but the best especially when it comes from Michael Jackson, the most perfectionist entertainer of all time, and it is healthy to raise concerns. I believe because of the MICHAEL controversy (even though I'm very happy for that release) the Estate gave us what we wanted in this project. It is clear to me that the estate have tried to accommodate the fans this time around in a remarkable way. They have learned their lesson. So why would they purposely withhold the film of this concert? I am convinced that if they had those 2 concerts on film they would have released them instead, but they must not own or know the whereabouts of those concerts . You cannot assume they have everything in their possession or have the rights to everything. If Dileo were here maybe he would know more, but he is not. Anyway as Ivy told us she has contacted the estate and they are well aware of our concerns and they are planning on addressing it. I'm satisfied with that and very excited for the release like ALL of us are. Just chill, they know and they will make it as good quality as they possibly can.

From the article

16 mm was the obvious choice if you were considering budget in those days, ask any filmmaker, especially when not producing a major Blockbuster movie in 1988. The end result wouldn`t differ, since it would be downscaled to SD on analogue media. The archiving quality however, would be perfect.

Another fact: 16mm can be perfectly used for HD sourcing. It contains enough resolution (2000 image lines of vertical resolution, while bluray uses 1080) for a bluray.

On filmroll as a medium... ;)

It indeed is. An up to par dvd release with high quality audio will be wonderful. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back